Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

914 Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 10:24 PM
porsche930dude
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went cruising top down yeterday. Think I need to work on that shifter but it was good fun
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 532 Posts

Saw this beautiful six at the Cars and Coffee at Penske Musuem last Saturday in north Scottsdale. Metal flares, 3.4 engine. Nicely done mods.

Gotta get my '73 done and down to AZ!!!
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2014, 11:16 PM
skl
Rennlist Member

another angle of that nice 6...
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2014, 07:23 AM
racing916
Racer

Beautiful car
Old 04-24-2014, 03:21 PM
914v2.0
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:07 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

2 Targas
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2014, 11:20 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

Moderator…can we keep this thread permanently at the top of this subject??
Thank you
Old 05-05-2014, 11:24 PM
skl
Rennlist Member

Just need to keep adding pix and it will stay there...

Moved the '73 outside for a few minutes today while cleaning out shop... sure would be easier if it ran...
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
IPA1 (04-07-2023)
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 524 Likes on 280 Posts

I would add pictures, but they would be of Papa Smurf sitting collecting dust while he waits on his crankshaft to return from the machine shop (6 months now!!...long story) and Huey on the lift with his engine out and torn apart. Not happy times in the Saville 914 household...

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 05-06-2014, 01:55 PM
racing916
Racer

Bob,

6 months!! Was it bent or cracked? Was hoping you would sign up for Watkins Glen race this year. I remember the year before I started racing seeing your car in GT5 when I was working pit lane. Good luck on getting it back together.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:07 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 524 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by racing916
Bob,

6 months!! Was it bent or cracked? Was hoping you would sign up for Watkins Glen race this year. I remember the year before I started racing seeing your car in GT5 when I was working pit lane. Good luck on getting it back together.
Just spun a rod bearing.... excepts from an email I sent to my attorney (& Club Racer) friend of mine on April 22:

"Got a little situation that I could use some advice on: our race engine has been having oil starvation issues the past year, and each time, it spins a rod bearing or breaks a rod. We think we finally figured out what’s causing it, but each time the crank needs to be resurfaced and ‘restored’ so we’ve been sending it out to Armondo Ayala at CCR. The past 3 times we’ve sent it to Armondo, he was great – 4-6 week turn around, everything done as he says, etc. Procedure has been that he does the work, calls for money, I send a check, and when he gets it, he ships. Simple transaction.

This past time it happened was the VIR DE in November, so we tore down the engine, boxed it up, and sent it right around Thanksgiving. In January he called, leaving a message for me to send the check. I did, assuming it was done. Weeks go by, no crank. I finally reach him and he says ‘He’s shipping at the end of February!’. (WTF??) When I call him first of March, he says “I never said end of February, I said end of March”…this is why I missed the Road Atlanta Club race…we argue a bit, but I don’t have any leverage: he has my crank AND my money. For the past 4 weeks now, both me and Lou from the shop have called him at least twice a week, when he does answer, he says he’s “shipping tomorrow” with nothing. Now, for two weeks, he’s silent. Not answering his phone, no reply back to voicemails. This has now been 5 months, I am missing the racing season, missing all driving, and getting very pissed off.

Is there any legal recourse I have with him? I know it’s not your area of law, and not even your state (he’s in Texas), but what would you do in this scenario?"

In his reply, among other things:

"Find somebody local and have them go over there, get your crank, and then beat his ***".

That's kinda what I did...found a friend (James Shoffitt, former PCA Zone 5 Rep and E class club racer) who went over and got the crank. It was nearly done, just needed final micropolishing and the plugs installed. 2-3 hours max, but that's what he said he was doing months ago. So I had James ship it out to Pauter. They got it last Friday, said it looks good and might have it done late this week. Hopefully, the end is in sight....

Wouldn't have been doing WGI anyway...I'll be just getting back from a much needed week long sailing trip in the Caribbean...sailing as in a 44' Jeanneau

But to stay on topic, here's a recent picture of Huey up on the Blue Ridge Parkway:
Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2014, 07:40 PM
racing916
Racer

Glad you got your crank back. I have been o your end with a entire motor that I wrote off as a loss, and it took me a long time to swallow that bitter pill. Fortunately, I found one of the best engine builders around and have had nothing but success with his motors for the last 8 years. Hopefully you get it together soon and get out there. Always nice to see Huey back from the dead !

Originally Posted by naroescape
Just spun a rod bearing.... excepts from an email I sent to my attorney (& Club Racer) friend of mine on April 22:

"Got a little situation that I could use some advice on: our race engine has been having oil starvation issues the past year, and each time, it spins a rod bearing or breaks a rod. We think we finally figured out what’s causing it, but each time the crank needs to be resurfaced and ‘restored’ so we’ve been sending it out to Armondo Ayala at CCR. The past 3 times we’ve sent it to Armondo, he was great – 4-6 week turn around, everything done as he says, etc. Procedure has been that he does the work, calls for money, I send a check, and when he gets it, he ships. Simple transaction.

This past time it happened was the VIR DE in November, so we tore down the engine, boxed it up, and sent it right around Thanksgiving. In January he called, leaving a message for me to send the check. I did, assuming it was done. Weeks go by, no crank. I finally reach him and he says ‘He’s shipping at the end of February!’. (WTF??) When I call him first of March, he says “I never said end of February, I said end of March”…this is why I missed the Road Atlanta Club race…we argue a bit, but I don’t have any leverage: he has my crank AND my money. For the past 4 weeks now, both me and Lou from the shop have called him at least twice a week, when he does answer, he says he’s “shipping tomorrow” with nothing. Now, for two weeks, he’s silent. Not answering his phone, no reply back to voicemails. This has now been 5 months, I am missing the racing season, missing all driving, and getting very pissed off.

Is there any legal recourse I have with him? I know it’s not your area of law, and not even your state (he’s in Texas), but what would you do in this scenario?"

In his reply, among other things:

"Find somebody local and have them go over there, get your crank, and then beat his ***".

That's kinda what I did...found a friend (James Shoffitt, former PCA Zone 5 Rep and E class club racer) who went over and got the crank. It was nearly done, just needed final micropolishing and the plugs installed. 2-3 hours max, but that's what he said he was doing months ago. So I had James ship it out to Pauter. They got it last Friday, said it looks good and might have it done late this week. Hopefully, the end is in sight....

Wouldn't have been doing WGI anyway...I'll be just getting back from a much needed week long sailing trip in the Caribbean...sailing as in a 44' Jeanneau

But to stay on topic, here's a recent picture of Huey up on the Blue Ridge Parkway:
Old 05-12-2014, 04:40 PM
racerbvd
Banned

Received 265 Likes on 180 Posts

Attached Images      
Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 PM
skl
Rennlist Member

The good old Saratoga top- someone else bought one of those too eh??
Old 05-20-2014, 06:44 PM
jrrhdmust
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

here is mine....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 914 Picture Thread