Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIP Clark Fletcher, patron saint of 944 owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 01:09 PM
GreyDog
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I just spent the last 2weeks on his site diagnosing issues... Rest In Peace Clark, you’ll be missed and were always greatly respected.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:47 PM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...RIP..
The only reason I was able to keep my 944 for over 20 years and counting was clark's garage....
Incredible resource.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:42 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I was checking to see what was the cause of death ( which seems they have yet to release ) and saw this thread ... I has posted on another one on Rennlist expressing my sadness and loss
This guy was something very special... He was a pioneer, I wonder if he knew how many people he had really helped along the way ....
Between his site and PET I bet 1/2 my car was put back together
The other 1/2 was all the Rennlist guys
May his family find comfort in the fact that he made such and impact on all of us .
May he rest in peace, and his family endure
God bless Clark Fletcher
Ed
Old 12-15-2017, 02:28 PM
kmascotto
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP Mr Fletcher! You have left a wonderful Legacy behind in the Porsche community
Thank you
Old 12-15-2017, 06:29 PM
Toran
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rest in Peace Clark, thank you for your shared knowledge and inspiration.
Before Clark I couldn’t wrench, and now I can in part to Clark's Garage.
You'll be misses...
Old 12-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Ashman
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nihil
Yeah I was torn on giving it updates and changing addresses and stuff, and leaving it as close to original as possible.
*** OFF TOPIC***

I’ll be honest, I’ve thought about mirroring it and adding new information to it. Making a sort of Clarks Garage V2.0, if you will.

I’ve always wished it had more pictures and diagrams, and maybe even video and some interactive tools. Some of the articles are very well documented, while others leave a bit to be desired.

One thing I’ve always thought would be very helpful is a part locator. Choose a major part, say oil pressure sensor, and it will show you a line drawing of the car in several views with the approximate location of the part circled. Not sure how hard that would be, but it sure would be handy.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:35 PM
hanick
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

May his memory be eternal. Certainly he has left a wonderful legacy and recourse. H
Old 12-22-2017, 02:43 PM
NineFourFourNeophyte
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP Clark.
Your contribution to the the 944 has been exceptional.
So, though you're no longer with us physically, I hope your contribution lasts forever.
Thank you sir ....
-nffn
Old 12-22-2017, 04:26 PM
nihil
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashman

*** OFF TOPIC***

I’ll be honest, I’ve thought about mirroring it and adding new information to it. Making a sort of Clarks Garage V2.0, if you will.

I’ve always wished it had more pictures and diagrams, and maybe even video and some interactive tools. Some of the articles are very well documented, while others leave a bit to be desired.

One thing I’ve always thought would be very helpful is a part locator. Choose a major part, say oil pressure sensor, and it will show you a line drawing of the car in several views with the approximate location of the part circled. Not sure how hard that would be, but it sure would be handy.
Maybe a wiki type thing might be more appropriate for the general updated info. As for part locator, code it up and I'll be happy to stick it on the site. Sounds neat but kinda time consuming.

Quick Reply: RIP Clark Fletcher, patron saint of 944 owners