Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche sim racing lab

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 02:38 AM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Porsche sim racing lab

Hello everyone,

I’m a long time member and I’ve been gone for a while with health issues but I wanted to post a few pics of my sim racing environment and lab that I use to develop for RealGT Simulation. I hope to have new videos up soon, both in AR (augmented Reality) and Multi Projection. Thank you for taking a look and enjoy.

Old video of the simulator in action.

In the passenger seat of the real GT in the pits. Unfortunately my camera exposure skills stink and it makes the interior look darker than in real life and the projection screen lighter. *shrug

My homage to the Porsche, the best engineered things on earth.

Close ups of the Wilco Diorama. The detail is pretty ridiculous.

Some of the models I collected over the years, I decided to do something with them as they were just sitting on my desk and in the closet.

Looking in from the rear access panel of the RealGT. The image that wraps around the cockpit is true to scale and incredibly immersive.

Another interior shot. This simulator is Porsche themed because I love Porsche but the final version will be my own design and orders of magnitude better.

The king of VR, XTAL

This is my VR flight simulator.

The center stack contains a 1080p 8 inch screen to be able to interact with the PC and a stream deck using several different macros and scripts so you basically don’t need a keyboard and mouse. Everything is script based.

The plethora of systems, electronics that run this are all housed in the cockpit behind the dashboard and under the bonnet. When maintenance is needed it wheels out and you can get access to all the subsystems easily. The simulator does VR/AR and multi projection. It has a built in surround sound system, 4x D-Box motion platform, G-Force seat to simulate sustained G forces, servo based steering system, both H pattern and sequential shift and analog E brake.

I built this a long long time ago.

My workstation where I do most of the modding and planning and new designs.

Last edited by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay; 01-12-2020 at 02:19 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay:
944Fest (aka Dan P) (01-12-2020), doolittle (11-30-2019), sweetskillsrk (01-14-2020)
Old 11-30-2019, 03:13 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow... That's a lot of knowledge and investment.

Well done sir.

Currently i have a Playseat Sensation Pro sim rig with Logitech G920 wheel and i am considering to pull the trigger for a Vesaro Professional system and use iRacing.

I am not sure if Simulator will help me increase my driving skills and become more familiar with Europeam racing circuits.
The following users liked this post:
Old 11-30-2019, 05:22 AM
Burning Brakes

The amount of money you spend isn’t important, the most important thing is if you’re using it to become a better driver try to be as immersed as possible no matter what equipment you use. Memorization is big obviously, but I believe that more immersed you are the better your training, that is why I built this. Thank you for viewing the pics. Let me post an old video of it in action.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Latest video, thanks for looking. There aren’t many simulators on earth that can match it.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:51 AM
mdj577
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 76 Posts

This is very impressive!
Old 01-14-2020, 02:41 PM
sweetskillsrk
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow, everything is incredible! That's my kind of basement right there! I'm really impressed on the models too, all the detail in the shop scene just blew me away. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Independent write up review of Proto 1 from an automotive journalist who came from Australia and spent a week testing the simulator.

Cyberpunky (05-06-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 08:30 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

OT, but do you still have the White S2 Cab that I drooled over in pics so many times?
Old 05-01-2020, 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
OT, but do you still have the White S2 Cab that I drooled over in pics so many times?
LOL yes, and thanks.

ELLSSUU (05-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Porsche sim racing lab