Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A short rant - No, I'm not leaving.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Shutemup
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People around here have allready answered many many questions for me allready and I appreciate it immensely. I'm sure I'll also be asking many more in the future as well..lol

Never would have guess that the motor comes out easier through the bottom, but hey, you learn something new every day.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to say it's hard to believe but people will be "people"...

Perhaps the individual will use this thread as an opportunity to set things right.
Regarding engine removal...I've only done it one way and that is the way the factory designed it...OUT THE BOTTOM!

Sure, it can probably go out the top and maybe next time, God forbid, I'll do it that way...but to slam someone for offering advice / instruction is damn rude!

By the way Brian...Your car is a standard I'm aiming for.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Mike 89 NA
Instructor

Hey Brian,

I haven't posted in awhile, nothing new going on, no time to build a new one after the wreck, but it will come. I have to say the board isn't what it used to be, seems like an awful lot of nonsense being posted. Valuable members have dropped from sight, let's hope you won't be one of them.

Mike
Old 03-30-2004, 08:38 PM
mcavour
Racer

Originally posted by Mike 89 NA
Hey Brian,

I haven't posted in awhile, nothing new going on, no time to build a new one after the wreck, but it will come. I have to say the board isn't what it used to be, seems like an awful lot of nonsense being posted. Valuable members have dropped from sight, let's hope you won't be one of them.

Mike
I second that! I myself have posted non-sense, have posted questions, have asked for help, and have gotten nothing but positive responses. Thank you all of you that make Rennlist the BEST SOURCE for knowledge on 924's/944's & 968's!!!

P.S.: Just demobilized, will renew membership soon!!! We NEED to support JohnD's effort!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:00 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

brian - unfortunately, this stuff happens. don't let the bastards get ya down. i'm on some other boards (non p-car) and have gone out of my way to be helpful, only to get slammed by some anonymous poster. i've learned to just let this stuff slide. there's just no helping some people - but good for you for trying...
Old 03-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Russian Rocket
Pro

That's not right.... looking at it the other way a Porsche badge doesn't mean that a retard or simply unsthankful a$$hat won't buy this car. I myself tend to stay away from the posting as some listers sent me angry emails about my nick I admire your car and how much effort and energy you've put into it. Don't let some envious person flexing e-muscle get you down, you know what people think of your help and of your car in real life
Vlad.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:49 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well perry if your car wasn't so bling bling pimped out and you would just remove the engine out the top like everyone smart says, then there wouldn't be a problem Haha just kidding, i agree with you as well, the people on here don't seem to be too thankful sometimes and most lack a sense of humor for crying out loud I think they need to take a tai chi class and free their inner mind and loosen up a bit Wax on Wax off! Or like i said in the 968 post between mummzer and NZ951....everyone should just have a coke and a smile I think the old saying is "Nice guys finish last", (not sure about how it deals with the ladies ) and when it comes to helping people sometimes this turns out to be true, but then there is that one guy out there that you help, and he really appreciates your time more than you will ever know. For the guys that don't...oh well...don't sweat it! I think you will run into more guys that appreciate the help than those that tell you to F off. Seems like you get more drama from rennlist than you do watching Days of our Lives somedays.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:20 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Brian, don't listen to idiots. You know you're right, you know we like you, you know the rest of us drool over your turbo.

BTW, the friggin engine comes out the bottom. It takes all of 15 mins to remove the suspension components to do so. Ask me how I know.

And anyone who will get their panties in a bunch about something so stupid anyway, needs a hobby.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:24 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

When Porsche built the car the engine went in from the bottom.
But what the hell do they know.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:02 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Yo Perry, I couldn't agree more. Sometimes I try to extend a hand of fellowship, and the responses are sometimes dissapointing. I hate to say it but I have concerns for the future of the Fest.. Are the Asshats poisoning the pool? Do I let them take the fun out of Rennlist? What brings it back is the thoughts of the good guys, you know who you are. Since anyone can post here for free and voice opinions , I guess we have to take the good with the bad and not let them spoil it. Ignore the immature, unthankful unwashed masses. Forgive them for they know not. Then again, I'm sure we all have had a moment with the asshat on, and it would be good if others shared the "Do unto others .." bit.

Looking forward to hanging with my brothers in 3 MONTHS!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:44 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
I guess we have to take the good with the bad and not let them spoil it. Ignore the immature, unthankful unwashed masses.
Well said ole wise man that you are Dan.

And to Brian... after my car saw yours during the Fest last year it has now has "Perry Envy"!!!

I want to be like Brian when I grow up!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:59 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

With a new home, the removal of web access from my work PC, and a piece of junk Convertable rabbit currently taking up valuable porsche space in my garage, I have been posting and reading Rennlist less and less. But a major contribution to my increased abscence from Rennlist has indeed been the amount of BS and rudeness I started seeing before my visiting habits ramped downward. I agree with you Perry. Although I remember it being like this and even much worse before. Do any of you recall the member Rating system? That thing was a joke and I praise John for getting rid of it. I was ranked a 5 of 5 "stars" at one point, where Good ole Skip had been nocked down to something like a 2 of 5. If any of you know me or Skip and our posting habbits, the laughability of this situation is obvious... My contributions to Rennlist are normally asinine questions, and hardly ever getting back with people due to being a forgetfull, busy dolt. Then on the other hand you have Skip, who is the Mr Uber-Ostridge, bend over backwards to help anyone, Super Porsche tech guru guy. He must have comitted the same sin as you Perry, whatever that might be. With all the effort you put into your car, the rubuild after rebuild, the catastrophies you've endured to keep that beauty on the road, you could put a 3 foot solid gold Dollar $ign emblem on your hood with Purple **** interior and I wouldn't call your car pimp or bling bling. Rennlist has had several *****, and will see more to come. The faithfull and true enthusiests will stick around, perhaps seasonally, and the crude obnocious ones will get bored and find some other board or make of car to F'up. Thanks for stickin around buddy, those of us who know our **** from a whole in the ground ARE thankfull for the contributions your wisdom has brought to the table.

Last edited by trebor_quitman; 03-31-2004 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:12 AM
RobbyK
Pro

Location: The mistake on the lake other wise known as Erie PA

Not to put down new users but I have seen many of them lately not understand that this board gives opinions along with help and basically put down and ignore some of the seasoned veterans great advice. Now I will have been on this board 1 year tomorrow (happy anniversary to me) and I know I sure as hell never disrespected any one when they were trying to give me help. Reading this thread also remind me of something that happened the other day, my screen name is posted on here and some one rudely IM me told me to “Learn to F*cking spell” on here. You have to take every thing with a grain of salt there are going to be some major *** moneys out there.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:51 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally posted by tifosiman
The 924/931/944/951/968 Forum, due to the fact that you have a bunch of similar cars with purchase prices ranging from $1K to "the sky's the limit", has a cross section of many different members of society.

That being said, society as a whole (or should it be "hole"?) is becoming ruder by the day.

I have seen a big change in the posts here, especially in the last 6 months. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse.

I can only hope that your post makes someone think the next time they start to act like an ***.

Thanks Brian, take care.

Jeremy

WARNING: RANT

i cannot agree more with what tifo, perry, and most people said, and i know i havent done much on rennlist or these boards lately, as compared to december, and there is a good reason. its not because of work.. i only work one job now, not two. and when i am on here its usually the 356, 912 or 911 board, b/c they are too busy enjoying their cars, their comrodery, and learning than to bitch and whine, taunt, or flame others.

some of the bull **** gets old quick. i love rennlist, but some times i cant help but feel less turned on about it by some of the bad attitudes here, immature regard for others help, as well as some of the immature flamming and bashing that goes along. the games get old real quick. They are smart, they listen to the wisdom stated and learn from others. most of the time i am on the 944 board i read, to learn about these cars, and the same goes for the other boards. you can learn alot when you stay in the shadows and read what other have done, good and bad.

the 912bbs i frequent more than rennlist.. the policy is no flaming, no talk about politics, and no talk about religion. anything like that will be removed immediately.. and if you dont like it your banned.

the guys there have discussions not arguments. if they dont like what someone says they either discuss the pros and cons or they stay the heck away.. like mature adults. it works well. no avatars, no fancy signatures. they dont have handels, they use their real names. this hels keep it intamate and personal, and we speak to eachother as we would in public. (these are faults i see with other bbs ... rennlist and pelican, as well as numerous others. ) there are very few OT posts too, and usually they are good natured. we all get along, and even if we dont agree or feel someone is a bit haughty-toughty, we still get along.. just dont go around them much. it works very well.

Posters here, (members and non mebers alike) are definitly becoming ruder. many come here and seak advice or to buy products from others here, only to bash them after their assistance. (ie danno, anderson, perry etc).

They come here b.c they have a passion form these cars. this is their hoby, this is their passion, and this is what they have done for a long time, and know intimatly. not only this but they love the passion that others have for these cars and when someone who is genuinly interested (or at least apears to be genuine), they offer help. .. a great attitude about these cars spreads like a great virus.

when my car broke down in so cal, i got help from a few 912ers who looked at my car and help me fix a few things that were wrong, with the exception of the BIG thing that went wrong. .. and i was very very grateful for it.

then you know what happened.. i got more help than i could have immagined. people saw how i had a great attitude about it, and how thankful i was for everyones help that they went even farther... enough to get my engine fixed by everyone donating 10 bucks a person to get my engine fixed. (you do the math).

however many have become disrespectful of their oppinions, and advice. this is why i dont post here much anymore. i admit i dont know **** about 944s specifically but i know enough about cars in general to get by, and that knowledge applies to all cars and models. and this i do know.. SUPPORT THOSE WHO SUPPORT YOUR ***!!!! if you dont, just get the hell out. Perry, Tifosi, Danno, etc.. they know their ****, and if they are not dead on or unsure, they will tell you.. but theyre pretty damn close if they are off, and their comments are 99% of the time are priceless. these boards wouldnt be the same with out them and most of us would be up a creek. these guys make rennlist what it is.

if someone tells you whats wrong with your car and how to fix it, be polite and thankful.. or at least seem appreciative. support rennlist, with out john or his sponsors we wouldnt be here. (btw.. i dont get to say this often, and im sure its not said enough, but i for one am forever grateful to John for these boards. im sure we all are, and owe him a debt of gratitude for taking his time, and spending hismoney to make these great message boards)

support those venders who come up with innovative ideas and products, as well as help you out with advice on what to do. if you cant afford it thats one thing.. but why buy a second rate products from someone who dosent care about your buisness or you, when others here not only care about your car, but care about you as a person.

perry knows a thing or two about 944s.. he built one from the ground up. danno has exceptional products, if there is a problem with you and him take that to him not us. you'll only ask for trouble. and the same goes when you bash one of us.

anderson was dead on about some of his statements, and i fully agree. the average poster has becoem more immature, and im not talking about boobies, and pics of hot chicks.. we all like that for the most part.
i am talking about the immature regard for fellow man, comroderiy and being appreciative of the advice from others as well as the helop you get from others.

if youre not grateful for the help offerd or rendered dont seek it. i for one wont give it out to someone who does not appreciate, is rude or has total disregard for my advice. if you dont lke it thats fine, dont say anything and drop it. but any down play or rude disregard is uncalled for. when you act this way with out ragard to these great minds, you are waisting their time. not only are you waisting their valuable time and energy, but you are rapeing them of their passions and ethusiasm towards this board and these cars, and do a disservice towards everyone here.

if i acted like some of the people here i wouldnt have gotten the extra help i needed to get back on the road.. and it was ALOT of help. if i was a ***** about it they would have just left me and said good luck hitchiking.

who ever you are, heres a quarter, buy some manners. i would say call someone who gives a ****, but we give a ****.. we just wont pick up the phone for you anymore.

this isnt directed at everyone.. just those who need a clue about how the world works. most people here are great, kind, and very well mannered and great people. some of you just plain suck *** and need to learn manners.

Last edited by hoffman912; 03-31-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:18 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, what the hoffman said... Perry got the guts to inspire me to hang in there whenever the going gets tough. What with engine-fires and multiple rebuilds, etc... He knows what he's talking about from 1st-hand experience... 'nuff said...

Quick Reply: A short rant - No, I'm not leaving.