Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's honor our heros!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:02 PM
mcavour
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Let's honor our heros!!!

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2853641.php
This Soldier is a hero, a volunteer 3 times over: joined the Army, then Airborne training and then the Rangers. He gave his life fighting for what he believed in, for our country's ideals, for freedom! He's one of many others, but nonetheless a true blue american hero! I have felt lately that all of us (general population in the US) have all pretty much been living our lives as if there wasn't a war going on, I know, we have to go on with our lives... I know that many are agains't the war, but soldiers (sailors, marines, and airmen too) don't dwell in politics, we don't serve the politicians, we serve our country, our constitution, our people! This weekend, anytime during the weekend, take sometime out of your day and take a minute or two in silence, say a prayer to those that are out there serving our country, to those that have paid the ultimate price for freedom, and to their families!!! Families which without their support we servicemembers would not be able to serve!!!

RLTW!!!!! RANGERS Lead The Way!!!! HOOOOAH!!!

P.S. I am not a Ranger, just a regular 11B + 12B, one day though...

SGT Marcel Cavour
U.S. Army

Last edited by mcavour; 04-24-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:22 PM
DVC
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Well said SGT Cavour. Hooah!!

TT
11B
Old 04-23-2004, 08:35 PM
fezz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said, and i have.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Geo
Race Director

I couldn't agree more. I saw a broadcast about this at lunch. I said to my wife "There is a true American hero." A man who passed up millions to serve his country. He gave the last full measure of devotion.

Godspeed Pat Tillman. Your are my hero.

To those of you in military service, thank you. You are also my heros. May God deliver you home safely again.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

You've got it Sgt!

Air power!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:58 PM
mbonner
Racer

As a Canadian citizen, whose Federal Government, which I, and most Western Canadian people loath, which did not support Canadian involvement in the Iraq invasion, I am ashamed. I am wholly supportive of the US Army's efforts in Iraq, and I grieve for all the deaths of all US soldiers and others, British, Italian, Japanese and all these heroes from other lands who support the US.
I am also a British Citizen, for which I do not have to apologise, for the efforts of Tony Blair and the Brit troops who fight alongside our US brothers.
Mike
Old 04-23-2004, 11:19 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I have never experienced the horrors of combat for myself, and hopefully, I never will. But growing up as the son of a former Vietnam Prisoner of War, I have heard enough stories to know that it is something to be taken very seriously.

While Tillman's life is, ultimately, not worth any more than the lives of the many other brave souls who have died, there is something to be said about his willingness to give up a life of fame, leisure and prosperity (and ultimately, so much more) in defense of his country.

As much as I would like to come up with the way to properly thank everyone who have given so much in order to give me the freedoms that I have, I simply cannot come up with the words that do it as well as these:

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

Thank you to all who have served out country. And God Bless...

Brian
Old 04-23-2004, 11:47 PM
weizen
Addict
Rennlist Member

I normally don't post a great deal (normally lurk for info), however this is a topic I have a great deal of feeling arond.

In my opinion Pat Tillman was a patriot of the highrst order, he did what so many others wouldn't think twice about NOT doing and he has my utmost and highest respect. He is the stock that our nation was born of, willing to do what was necessary to insure that we all prosper and live the free lives that we currently live.

Pat's is a high profile case that everyone all will hear about, and rightlyy so! I just want to say that there are many folks that come back to little or no fanfare, I have a friend coming back tonight that has been in Iraq for over a year and was newly married with a 2 month old daughter. I fully intend to make him feel like the hero that he is also! He is from a small town in South Dakota and joined for the same reasons as Pat did and was just fortunate enough to come back to his family safely.

I just want to insure that we don't forget the small town farm kids that do what they feel is necessary for the exact same reasons as Pat did, everyone of our soldiers abroad are heroes in my book!
Old 04-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by mbonner
As a Canadian citizen, whose Federal Government, which I, and most Western Canadian people loath, which did not support Canadian involvement in the Iraq invasion, I am ashamed. I am wholly supportive of the US Army's efforts in Iraq, and I grieve for all the deaths of all US soldiers and others, British, Italian, Japanese and all these heroes from other lands who support the US.
I am also a British Citizen, for which I do not have to apologise, for the efforts of Tony Blair and the Brit troops who fight alongside our US brothers.
Mike
Oh, please.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:39 AM
emilysgranny
Pro

To all my fellow veterans ; sadly we have lost yet another member of our armed forces . There are more like Pat Tillman out there, in harms way, but few are recognized. We complain about the patriot act and the open borders , and yet we have many service men who are not American citizens but defend this country with all their pride as thought they were. Isn't it time we recognise there patriotism and make them citizens when they are discharged horonably. Who else has a greater right to be a citizen of this country then the people who defend its principles and are willing to die for them. Guys like Pat tillman would have led the march on Washington for his vet.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:56 AM
James86-951
Pro

Peckster,
The flag of freedom (both Canadian and American) are born of the same cloth. It is not free nor guaranteed. I am the son of a marine and lived in a marine household my entire life. I have lived under the creed god, country, and family. I feel no ill will toward your comment nor those of others of whom wish us to leave the service of our country. My forefathers fought for that right.

The next time there is a problem in the world; To whom do people turn? The United States of America. Who feeds a vast majority of the world? The U.S. Who is largest supporter of the U.N.? The U.S.

I am part of silent majority that understands we are in a long term conflict with a new foe with new tacticts. We will overcome these adversaries and live free. Pat Tillman is a hero of the highest order. He is a loyal person of which we have not seen for a long time; But he is a respresentation of what it is to be an American......... God, Country, Family.

Semper Fi......OORAH!!
Old 04-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Charlotte944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not really suprised. In times of trouble there have always been men and women like Sgt. Tillman who are willing to lay down their lives for the rest of us.

My deepest condolences go to his family, friends, former team mates, and to his Ranger commrades.

Hooo Yaaa.

Clifton Hipsher
Interior Communications Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy Retired.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:47 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

His sacrifice is no greater or honorable than the hundreds of others that have died.

However, what he did speaks loads of his character and honor. Offer 3.5M in an NFL contract, or military service to just about any man in this country, and I will guarantee an ovewhelming majority will take the NFL contract. This man turned down heaps and heaps of money and glory on the football field to humbly serve his country in a time of war.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by James86-951
Peckster,
The flag of freedom (both Canadian and American) are born of the same cloth. It is not free nor guaranteed. I am the son of a marine and lived in a marine household my entire life. I have lived under the creed god, country, and family. I feel no ill will toward your comment nor those of others of whom wish us to leave the service of our country. My forefathers fought for that right.

The next time there is a problem in the world; To whom do people turn? The United States of America. Who feeds a vast majority of the world? The U.S. Who is largest supporter of the U.N.? The U.S.

I am part of silent majority that understands we are in a long term conflict with a new foe with new tacticts. We will overcome these adversaries and live free. Pat Tillman is a hero of the highest order. He is a loyal person of which we have not seen for a long time; But he is a respresentation of what it is to be an American......... God, Country, Family.

Semper Fi......OORAH!!
I sent you a pm on this a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard from you. Did you get it?
Old 05-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by BeerBurner
"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
I've seen this before, and once again it applies perfectly.

Quick Reply: Let's honor our heros!!!