Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sob Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 426 Posts
Default Sob Story

Ok, So after 2.5yrs with a girl, its over.....

Here's my story...
We met in college and were together for 4 months, did the long distance thing for about a year and a half. This december she moved down her and lived(still does) about 15min away. I thought and was given the impression that everything was fine. HA...I worked and she went to grad. school and she was gonna be a teacher and we were talking about houses and marriage, we knew each other in and out and liked a lot of similiar things and had similiar political views ect. Yadda....ehh this is killin me...

The bad....She's 22...Im her first REAL BF. Nuff said.....?
So I go vacation with her family last sept. for 9 days(i use my Annual vacation), she's totally inaffectionate, no ussual cuddling just like Im her friend, drove me crazy. I ask her to go for a walk and try to talk about it with her..she blows up, I end up trying to walk 9miles along the hot blacktop...almost passed out but she had her cous. find me and piuck me up...at this point she says sorry and kisses me...ok...So we recover from that...and still yet everytime we go visit her family shes cold with me like shes the lil boss and she sits there and screams at me for no reason, like a lil kid. So i make the mistake and say I hate driving upstate all the time, she takes it as i hate her family, I reassure her that its not her family and it honestly isnt its How she acts which I think about and tell her....Ive told her this months ago...so this brings us to present...the problems she has with me...
1. i want to live on Li..since my job and fam. are here./She wants to go back upstate cuase she misses her mom and her mom puts a guilt trip on her taht shes all alone yadda yadda (This I can understand, kinda)
2.She says I hate her family and we dont get along-Ive explained it before and agree that i handled it wrong but she provoked it.
3.We dont go out enough/I ask her once every week or so wanna go out(she says no) and we go out prolly once every 3wks(big dinner/bar the 50-80 dollar deal) I have no prob. with this....going out stuff..
4.The last draw as shes says-She calls me up and says "Im going to call her EX best friend (currently my best friends Gf) and tell her I slept with so and so and see how twisted the rumor gets" I tell her just to leave it alone and be bigger than her ex best friend that tells me stuff and lblows it out of proportion, so I get angry. So I start to yell why say that its gonna hurt my feelings cuase it not something I wanna hear..she luaghs at me... and...she hangs up...I call back no answer..so i leave a message and curse her out. She calls back...and tells me its over and that wasthe last draw....(all I called her was a lil ******* for not picking up).

Now Mind you a week before this she says out of nowhere that she needs time apart to think about us...ive been dyin for a whole week trying to figure out why i messed up.....and this is what has led up to her calling and saying without a tear its over...while i beg her in tears to reconsider....

terribel huh....Why are girls Nuts? No mind you i was the guy who would get a glass of water for her in the middle of the night, rub her back for her to fall asleep ect..I did pretty much everything for her...(maybe this was the prob?) Thats my story...Sorry if Ive been a Moop lately....or have been evasive with anyone....jamie kev. ect

Ok Im goin to get abeer....Feel free to post comments and or complaints..

Last edited by Graufuchs; 04-28-2004 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Brett Jenkins
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok, 1st, stop trying to figure females out. It will never happen. They are enigmatic and unpredictable and change at the drop of a hat, jsut because they can and just because we put up with it. Venus/Mars yada, yada, yada

2nd. it appears that your feelings and commitment level were not mutual, or at least not to the same degree. Probably never were and never will be.

3rd, relationships are funny things and there needs to be a lot of give and take, but you should always be certain how the other person feels about you. If you're not certain, then that doubt will drive you nuts. Clear up that uncertainity, this time or next time by talking frankly about it. Don't guess at things and certainly don't leave things up for someone else's interpretation. People tend to assume the worst and if things aren't that way, then let them know that, openly and honestly.

i'm gonna go watch Dr. Phil now and drink a white zinfandel. I better scrub the rest of this oil and grime off 1st. My wife will kill me if I get it on the good furniture.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:34 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a similar story, my ex, long distance for over a two yrs, she moves within five miles of me, and then we brake up because she didnt know where we were going. Now i have a good girlfriend. Dont fret it man, it takes time to get over it, but you will, get over it.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:36 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey man, you Jon and I all had similar situations..

The girl was obviously a bitch, **** her...you know? I was with and am with again the same girl for about 2.5 years and that happened once..(not exactly, but similar) and we talked it out and its all better now..but Nellie doenst seem as bad as this girl your talking about...I think you didnt go wrong anywhere, she just went nuts I'm super tired cant write thatwell , hope everything goes well and I'll see what I'm thinking tommorow bout this

Where in upstate NY?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you weren't happy with her anyways. Sure you had good times, and sure you enjoyed each other at times (obviously if you started dating her to begin with), but from the sounds of it, it's a good thing you got out when you did. I know it's still gonna hurt, always does....but 3 years from now you'll be glad it happened.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:39 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Sob Story

Originally posted by fty
Ok Im goin to get a beer....
First thing in the whole story that made sense!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 426 Posts

I guess all I learned..AGAIN is taht in the END IT DOESNT MATTER...and yes beer was the only thing that makes sense at this point....Im trying to get a date for fri as we speak...well see tho...-Thx for all the support guys!!
Old 04-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Shabba
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Ah women..you can't live 'em...hey! pass the beer nuts..."

-Cliff Claven

Old 04-28-2004, 01:37 AM
83na944
Three Wheelin'

Tough one. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of people go through that kind of stuff. Details differ, but the problem is the same. In the long run you'll get back together or won't, but you'll be ok either way.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:53 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Hmm, kind of reminds me of a commercial, don't remember what it was about, but at the end it said 'Life sucks, have a pint!'.
Seems like the perfect phrase.

Women, can't live with em, can't live without em.

You'll get over her sooner or later, and there's always someone else out there.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:07 AM
visualpascal
Advanced

I feel ya, but don't let the beers add up too much, I've been there too .

Find that little blonde hottie you always see at the grocery store, trust me, she's probably just as psycho, but at least you get another year or so before it starts to show

Hope you feel better man, you're better of with a girl that's not quite as confused as she sounds

--Chris
Old 04-28-2004, 02:17 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, do you really want to be with a woman like that anyway??

Let me tell you from experience, it doesn't get better. Sounds an awful lot like my first wife. Thank God I found an angel to marry the second time around.

Trust me. Count your blessings.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:21 AM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Good luck man.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:33 AM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

some women are headcases. To this day, I have not found one of these said headcases who could be cured of it. Dont bother with her; try to find a woman who is sane and logical. (Yes, they do exist, but they are rare. Also, you must keep in mind that at times estrogen will overwhelm logic.)
Old 04-28-2004, 02:43 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

I second what Geo said. You are better off without her. She is being that way around her family because that is how she thinks she should be or that is the way she was "taught" to be by her family. My bet would be that she would get progressively more like that behaviour than like the good times you shared at one point. Move on, I know it is easier to say than do but you are better off finding somebody that really appreciates you and isn't too much of a ----- to show it.

Quick Reply: Sob Story