Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name S. Cal. Wrenching Group, get a T-shirt!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 02:10 PM
P944forScott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey SoCal WTF is that in your avitar? The Buck Rogers rocket on a trailer?

How about... Porsche Owners and Operator Persons? POOP
P-car Repair Intended in Calif. by Kindred Souls? ******

J/K
NEED MORE CAFFEINE... I'LL BE BACK...

Old 05-01-2004, 02:16 PM
P944forScott
Racer

P-car Repair Org of So Cal
PROS
Old 05-01-2004, 02:19 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by P944forScott
P-car Repair Org of So Cal
PROS
Better, but still no flare. I like reading texas greaslingers everytime i see it. I want something like THAT in my siggy. Do I have to get creative here? I'll need a couple beers for that.
~Eyal
Old 05-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

wait, its not greaslinger quality, but what about the:

Brute Force and Ignorance Wrenching Group of Southern California.

and then use legolands quote as on of our mottos? I like it.

"There is no mechanical task so great that brute force and ignorance cannot overcome. If brute force does not work, apply more ignorance. Then increase both in equal quantity until task is done or project is destroyed"

~Eyal
Old 05-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Eyal 951
wait, its not greaslinger quality, but what about the:

Brute Force and Ignorance Wrenching Group of Southern California.

"There is no mechanical task so great that brute force and ignorance cannot overcome. If brute force does not work, apply more ignorance. Then increase both in equal quantity until task is done or project is destroyed"

~Eyal
Yep, thats it! Gimme my shirt!
~Eyal
P.S. can we have photos on the shirt? and outline of a 944 Turbo or a sillouette? something nice. we'll figure that out later.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:34 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After spending just one Sunday in Southern California, a few weeks ago with some of you guys, driving 385 miles, along the coast, on massive freeways, and up through the clouds in misty twisty mountain roads, my experience gave me little but some authority on this very subject, tire failures, excepted...how about ?

Wait Up Racing Team

With apologies to HWFM Racing Team, their lawyer will be contacting me shortly...
Old 05-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

yea, way to close to HWFR. I cant have wait up and right after that HWFR in my sig... lol If you get to know the roads, to dont have to ask people to wait up anyway, unless you hit something.
~Eyal
Old 05-01-2004, 02:40 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

btw, everyone in CALI look here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=122725
Old 05-01-2004, 02:52 PM
P944forScott
Racer

How about we leave out "southern" no point in alienating the central/northern Cali folks and it is a nice drive between here and all points north.

California German Auto Group???
Old 05-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Geez - where do I begin?!?!

Some serious....

Socal Ratchet Wielders "Have ratchet - will travel"

Socal Porsche Owners Wrenches and Wenches "We cover all the angles"

Now for fun....

SunCoast Gears Heads "Fun, sun, suds, & buds"

North of the Border SunCoast Porsche Owners - ?????

Socal Porsche Owners Club - "Healthy for you - Full of Fruits & Nuts"

Socal Porsche Society - "Our nose is higher than yours"

Old 05-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Jay Wellwood
Socal Porsche Society - "Our nose is higher than yours"
Soo true... now why are you looking at my post!
Old 05-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 266 Likes on 153 Posts

Or how about....

West Coast Knuckle Busters and Wrenchin' Wenches -

"We can and will bust your nuts"

Old 05-01-2004, 03:39 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

How about:

West Coast Wrenchers

You could do a logo using wrenches to spell the abreviation.

4 wrenches to make the "W"
3 to make the "C"
4 again for the "W"

Overlay the 3 letters vertically over the state.

Doesn't limit you to particular cars or events. Add or change "tag line" as needed.

I can see it.......Can you??????
Old 05-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Closer

Sheesh, now I'm red-faced! Accidentally opened another thread, than posting a reply! Had to close that thread, oops!

Back to my original post:

Eyal, whereas that is closer, I am running this contest, so it is still open for the remainder of the two weeks, as I posted in the opening of this thread.

You can also be friends with whomever you like, but I do not take BS or rudeness from anyone.

Darius said,
gee I am impressed..she can field strip an AK huh all 4 moving parts ....5 if you include the cover,,I am NOT impressed ...I can try to see a woman mechanic..but a woman trying to impress me with military skills..please...
Ohh and by the way ..I own an AK .....yeah really among many other gunns..NRA member since 95...and ..so let's not talk military..
Nice try trying to impress/intimidate.. though!

I was not upset and you did not hurt my feeling I just made an observation that was trully amusing to me..I just say it as it is...no bad relationship with women..in fact good ones. it's ok they want to play with men's toys(cars) but stay out of the military and don't try to impress or whater........ and to answer your question..yes it is still you I was talking about...."excelent shots" and all...by they way...what caliber do you shoot ?grouping and distance in yards? and I like I sayed no punt intended..just my oppinnion..no prejudice..Women and Men are deffinite equals in this world ..we just each have our.....function roles..I think women can be more wondefull then men..when they are in tune with their femininity! I guess my comments were a bit rude..I had a few beers an manners went out the door but I sayed it and can't erase it..I recognize the crudeness and I would have not say it. now that I am sober....I am offering appologies .... no hard feelings..enjoy your club......and gunns.
have a nice day and the best to you
Darius, you still do not impress me. I was not trying to intimidate you, just pointing out facts.

If I was being intimidating, you would feel it, up close and personal.

So, how well do you think you would have served in the Ukrain Military? Very different than American. I have no idea why you thought American, come to think of it, wrong gun!

Cars are toys for everyone! I don't know where you get off on saying, "Men's toys." There is no exclusivity in that. Just words out of mostly men's mouths, when they are feeling all mighty.

BTW - Did you ever realize just exactly how Gay cars are!? They are guy magnets! They don't impress women - just other men! Get into the higher end exotics, say, a Lamborghini Diablo, and you will see guys begging for a ride! And the owner would rather give a gal a ride.

As for staying out of the military, that is still more Patriarch bullsh*t! Last I checked, women were in the military, ergo, it's already gone out of your hands. And it's for the better!

The best societies that have lived long and peacefully are Partnership Societies, throughout history.

Darius said, "excelent shots" and all...by they way...what caliber do you shoot ?grouping and distance in yards?"

Sawed off shotgun at 50' - took out the lower part of the body of the target; look on all the guys at the firing range, Priceless!

Ah, shot nearly everything: .45s, .38s, 9mm, 30.06 shotgun, AR-17, plus many I do not remember.

9 years old, .22 rifle, 20 ft - Bullseye.

Teenager - always hit whatever I saw, whether it was 20', 50', or whatever. 30.06 is great for shooting through engine blocks, btw.

Best grouping, shooting as fast as I can pull the trigger (with only the ammo left in the gun, I had already been shooting): Glock with the square site, 20' into a human target: 7 shots next to the heart, in the center of the chest. One in the forehead.

Darius said, "Women and Men are deffinite equals in this world ..we just each have our.....function roles..I think women can be more wondefull then men..when they are in tune with their femininity!"

I tossed function and rules out as a child, along with prejudism. And here you sling another insult, talking of our FUNCTION ROLES and then saying that women are wonderful - when in tune with their femininity!?

Talk about a back-handed compliment here!

WHO'S definition are we using here!? This is the kind of sh*t that is trained in kids, not inherently genetic.

Why isn't a woman using tools sexy!? During WW2, they felt shooting pics of Norma Jean (Marilyn Monroe), with tools building planes sexy enough to make posters during the war effort!

I am so glad that I dodged this crap being ingrained into my brain. I can work on a car, get all greasy and grimy, then take a shower, get all cleaned up, and go out looking hot in one of my dresses or skirts! That's where wearing gloves while working on cars comes in very handy.

Darius said, "I guess my comments were a bit rude..I had a few beers an manners went out the door but I sayed it and can't erase it..I recognize the crudeness and I would have not say it. now that I am sober....I am offering appologies .... no hard feelings..enjoy your club......and gunns.
have a nice day and the best to you"

Apology accepted. I just wish you would accept that all of us have the right to be ourselves, no matter what our gender is, whether it is serving in the military, playing around with our cars, or whatever.

- Julie
Old 05-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Back on track!

Now that I am guilty of hijacking my own thread, let's get back to the point:

There are so many good ones coming, I looove it!

Jay Wellwood said - West Coast Knuckle Busters and Wrenchin' Wenches -

"We can and will bust your nuts"

Socal Porsche Owners Wrenches and Wenches "We cover all the angles"

SunCoast Gears Heads "Fun, sun, suds, & buds"

Woah, some really nice ideas.

Steve g said, "Wait Up Racing Team" Good one!

Eyal said, 'Brute Force and Ignorance Wrenching Group of Southern California.

"There is no mechanical task so great that brute force and ignorance cannot overcome. If brute force does not work, apply more ignorance. Then increase both in equal quantity until task is done or project is destroyed" '

The name needs to be shorter, and take out Southern part. Let's leave this for the whole West coast/Suncoast. Or we could offer whatever we come up with to N. Cali, and to our Mexican compatriots.

Lots of good stuff.

- Julie

Quick Reply: Name S. Cal. Wrenching Group, get a T-shirt!