Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name S. Cal. Wrenching Group, get a T-shirt!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 04:25 PM
P944forScott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Closer

Originally posted by Devia
Darius said,

Cars are toys for everyone! I don't know where you get off on saying, "Men's toys." There is no exclusivity in that. Just words out of mostly men's mouths, when they are feeling all mighty.

BTW - Did you ever realize just exactly how Gay cars are!? They are guy magnets! They don't impress women - just other men! Get into the higher end exotics, say, a Lamborghini Diablo, and you will see guys begging for a ride! And the owner would rather give a gal a ride.

Darius said, "Women and Men are deffinite equals in this world ..we just each have our.....function roles..I think women can be more wondefull then men..when they are in tune with their femininity!"

I tossed function and rules out as a child, along with prejudism. And here you sling another insult, talking of our FUNCTION ROLES and then saying that women are wonderful - when in tune with their femininity!?

Talk about a back-handed compliment here!

WHO'S definition are we using here!? This is the kind of sh*t that is trained in kids, not inherently genetic.

Why isn't a woman using tools sexy!? During WW2, they felt shooting pics of Norma Jean (Marilyn Monroe), with tools building planes sexy enough to make posters during the war effort!

I am so glad that I dodged this crap being ingrained into my brain. I can work on a car, get all greasy and grimy, then take a shower, get all cleaned up, and go out looking hot in one of my dresses or skirts! That's where wearing gloves while working on cars comes in very handy.

- Julie
Julie your my kind of Gal!
You younger guys should be taking notes, try pulling outdated macho crap and sooner or later some lady is going to hand you your nutz. Loved the part about cars being gay... so true... if a girl is interested in your car it's likely because she is a automobile enthusiast like the rest of us and probably is more interested in getting behind the drivers seat than getting into the back seat with you.
Or in a worst case scenario some little gold digger who thinks;
"Porsche=money=you have lots to spend on me"... not the kind of girl I'm looking for.
But whatever floats your boat.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Brute Force and Ignorance Wrenching Group of California.

perfect shirt and sig. length.

and there are no mexican rennlisters... and if there are, they would be in Mexico city, or somewhere wealthier, where its hours away. if we include the north, we'll be doing lots of road trips. which is ok.
~Eyal
Old 05-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow Okay stuff

Eyal,
Brute Force and Ignorance Wrenching Group of California.
Too long! I want something snappy, short, AND Descriptive!

Group is passe; Posse, society, stuff like that is good.

But keep up the good ideas! Let's just try not and repeat the exact some ones, okay?

Something more like,

"Suncoast Gear Heads Posse: Where Brute Force and Ignorance Rocks!!"

P944forScott,
Julie your my kind of Gal!
You younger guys should be taking notes, try pulling outdated macho crap and sooner or later some lady is going to hand you your nutz. Loved the part about cars being gay... so true... if a girl is interested in your car it's likely because she is a automobile enthusiast like the rest of us and probably is more interested in getting behind the drivers seat than getting into the back seat with you. Or in a worst case scenario some little gold digger who thinks; "Porsche=money=you have lots to spend on me"... not the kind of girl I'm looking for. But whatever floats your boat.
Thank you, Scott!
Old 05-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

LOL..no cars are not Gay..maam...porsche happens to have:FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION" philosophy..nothing gay here just logical..look at the 911...and again I am not trying to **** you off but..I would have served well in the Ukranian army.. ..but I am not starting this again..I know my abilities..I am 6''4 220 lbs been involved in Martial arts.military training wepons and tactics since I was a little boy...

And buddy she did not hand me my nuts...I am just being nice..leave that alone..But Devia..hats off to you..really..I like your spunk..and while I come across as a pig..I just go by what I see...you never see women in special forces or missions..while the marines accept them.they can NOT be in Recon snipers or any other special branch...just not tough enough ...period.
No woman is!!! War is different than "playing games" and they do not do well in those situation any real warrior knows that!!!
enough of it..I just stated a well know fact in the armed forces...and if you diagree you are well come "and your friends" to come to a simple 3 day training session in the Sierra Mountains..and it should be easy now since the snow is meliting..yes we hike up top....Nature itself has a way of showing who can stand the elements better...anyway..I am just saying that teamwork is important..In the military you have medics,engineers and others whose many objective is not to fight yet they are very important...same as a marriage....there is a Father role and a Mother role..you get one missing and voila child has a harder time...
I know that the reasons our divorce rate is so high and there are so many broken families is becouse men forgot how to be men and woman try to be men.....and add the MTV and all the other materialistic and plastic existance and this new age crap..and guys turn into litte puppets and women forget what they are...I have an old fashioned gal and she is great..we each do our part and it works smoooth....

I am so glad that I dodged this crap being ingrained into my brain. I can work on a car, get all greasy and grimy, then take a shower, get all cleaned up, and go out looking hot in one of my dresses or skirts! That's where wearing gloves while working on cars comes in very handy.

- Julie
2 things to say..
I know a lot of men were stupid f*&$#% and abuse women or mistreat them and them in the past and even now..in the 50 yes women were objects and you can see that in the movies..and I am not talking about that..I just think that we shoud obseve our diffences and see how they fit in our roles..
Have great day...
Darius
Old 05-01-2004, 08:12 PM
P944forScott
Racer

FWIW
Darius,
the "hand you your nutz" comment wasn't pointed at you, just a colorful phrase. (note to self... don't **** off any plus six foot martial arts guys, heck it sound like Julie could kick my a$$!)
I'm just saying IMHO any woman (if she has the interest) can be just as good of a mechanic as any man. There are plenty of guys out there who can't change a tire.

You do have some good points,

"same as a marriage....there is a Father role and a Mother role..you get one missing and voila child has a harder time...
I know that the reasons our divorce rate is so high and there are so many broken families is becouse men forgot how to be men and woman try to be men.....and add the MTV and all the other materialistic and plastic existance and this new age crap..and guys turn into litte puppets and women forget what they are..."
Old 05-01-2004, 08:12 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by P944forScott
Hey SoCal WTF is that in your avitar? The Buck Rogers rocket on a trailer?

It's the Luer Meat Packing companies "Weenie Mobile". You could sit inside and watch a short feature and they had the whole thing shake and vibrate like you were really flying! Was the best thing in the middle to late fifties. Better than the weener mobile and the arrogant midget.

Think Luer was the west coast sponser of Space Cadet.

I found the Luer rocket in Idyllwild in the late 70's. That's where the black and white picture came from. Then searching the web I came on what has happened to it since.

http://www.solarguard.com/cadetnews/cadetnew03.htm#luer

Seems a classic car collector has it now and is supposed to be restoring it. Hope he has the tractor too.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

Thank you p944forscott and sorry if I came on too strong..it's one of my quirks and quilities at the same time..I can't help but blurt what I think..
I am also into other things besides gunns such as porsche's..hence Rennlist wich is an interesting and informative community..I love Porsche's Racing history.. Ferarri Porsche and Jaguar in my book..top 3!!!!..I lived in Germany for 3 plus years and understand their meticulos thinking..and when applied to cars..well look at german cars...
About the hand me my nut commetns ..I though it was towards me but I see what you meant..Have a good one bro
Old 05-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Angry Want "women in their place?" Go live in the past!

I wasn't going to post again, but then I saw more of this Macho crap and people back pedaling. I thank those who have silently stood on my side. Just wish you weren't afraid to post in front of the other guys.

Sorry all, but cars really are so Gay! If you want to be a chick magnet, do not leave it up to your car! It has to depend on you.

Darius said, "snip"
just not tough enough ...period. No woman is!!! War is different than "playing games" and they do not do well in those situation any real warrior knows that!!!
enough of it..I just stated a well know fact in the armed forces...and if you diagree you are well come "and your friends" to come to a simple 3 day training session in the Sierra Mountains..and it should be easy now since the snow is meliting..yes we hike up top....Nature itself has a way of showing who can stand the elements better...anyway..I am just saying that teamwork is important.
*knock, knock* Just exactly what color is that sky, in that little world of yours? Must be Plaid!

Gosh, Darius, I just don't know what to say to your military comment...because Emma SERVED in the Ukraine Military for a few years at least! Now that's one tough cookie! No, she was NOT "Playing Games." Your underestimation of women is hysterical

Any "real" warrior knows never cut down a woman warrior. We may wind up saving your ***!

And you know what!? I would accept your challenge, if I wasn't in physical therapy to correct the following, from an accident I was in last year: dislocated right shoulder; dislocated left hip; dislocated sacrailiac on both sides, neck straightened out from the whiplash. Oh, and a spinal injury. I am not allowed to do anything stupid as that until I am all healed up! And I do plan on being healed up.

Out of High School, I applied to be a fighter pilot with the Airforce, because I have the eye and manual dexterity for it...my dream was to become an astronaut, and fly the Space Shuttle, and have a chance to go to Mars, the moon, or anything else.

I was not allowed to join that department, because of my vision.

And what's so wrong with women being naturally tough!? In the animal kingdom, you will see that in several species it's the females THAT DO THE HUNTING!

Women have protected their loved one since time began!

What about the women of Russia holding back Napoleon's Army!? Look it up! All the men were off on another front. The women held off the invaders, until the Siberian winter finished them off.

In my relationship, my boyfriend does not work on cars. He knows nothing about them. But he will sit there and hand me tools, loosen and tighten bolts, read from the manual.

And btw, he doesn't atten these wrenching parties. He's just not into it, but I do not hold that against him. He's a wiz with computers, so that's good. He's supportive of me, and would love to meet you all, if it didn't circulate about 944s...he hates them.

But the reason you do not see women in black ops and Special Forces is either A)That we weren't allowed, or B) Black Ops never talks! I have friends from the original Delta Force. And even after retirement, they still don't talk, lol.

Darius said, " know that the reasons our divorce rate is so high and there are so many broken families is becouse men forgot how to be men and woman try to be men.....and add the MTV and all the other materialistic and plastic existance and this new age crap..and guys turn into litte puppets and women forget what they are...I have an old fashioned gal and she is great..we each do our part and it works smoooth...."

Ah, no...it's attitudes like yours of trying to stick women back in the box that has hurt society so badly! I have a younger boyfriend/Domestic Partner BECAUSE he doesn't have preconceived notions of how I should act!

So, you feel possibly that women should be barefoot and pregnant, cooking and cleaning all the time!? What about in the '50s, when women were given drugs to keep them in line!?

I remember my own mom, in the '70s, given Darvons to keep her calm, rather than deal with the real reasons she suffered depression.

There is no answer, unless it's 50/50 on both sides - takes two to tango.

Am I trying to be a man!? NOPE! Danger, danger! More MACHO CRAP being tossed my way, lmao!

I do not live in a narrow world, I have not forgotten who I am.

So if you men better start accepting women for who they are, and then the divorce rate WILL PLUMMET!

- Julie
Old 05-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Darius Juca
Burning Brakes

You are one angry woman towads men..I think it's you who had a few bad experinces..by the way I am not american..I am Eastern European..so when I speak..... I speak from experience..Women are not warriors and most of them make poor soldiers even..period.

!!!!!!The women of Russia holding off Napolen's army is a joke/myth..no it was called scorched earth tactics...the viigars all did it..it's when you burn off the land andpoison the waters so the invaders can't use resources and when athey are deep enough in Russia the winter will start..anyway...get teh facts straight...WOMEN did not hold back a mighty army..the best at the time..an not even the Russian army of men could not do it..the English couldn't do it alone...It took the Russian winter and the coelition of many contrye lead by England to take down tha man...Napoleon
.now I am done with this..You can have the rest of the post..please let me leave without having to retort..I am not going to argue my experinces and oppinons of women in combat any more..I sayed my words.

But you know what..you really did show me women can be true car fanns...Thank you Devia!..
you are allready beeter than me becouse you can use gloves while working on an engine..I can't........have to have the real hand feel..despite the dirt.
and I don't really care what women are like....all I need is one that fits my life ..I am not trying to tell women what to do..I just don't want one as my partner covering me in firefight..I would rather trust my brothers!
Have a great day
Darius

Last edited by Darius Juca; 05-02-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

julie, make a poll with the best suggestions so far... thats an easy way to decide. oh, and stop bickering children! you can send nasty pm's to eachother, but no more OT!
~Eyal
Old 05-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Here's one.

Left Coast Wrench Jockies

James, I also liked West Coast Wrenchers.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

hmmm, something with sawzall in the name could work, since that seems to be our tool of choice.
~Eyal
Old 05-02-2004, 02:15 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Cool 12 days left!

Alright, alright! There are a few of you who keep hijacking my thread here!

Eyal - I said 2 weeks, I MEAN TWO WEEKS! This will NOT be Polled right now. So, would you please back down? Ideas are want I am interested in, not just only in what we have so far.

Darius, YOU started this between you and I, hijacking my thread and all. I don't back down.

Maybe you never heard of Queen Boudicca? Joan of Arc? Cleopatra? Queen Hatshepsut? Amina Sarauniya Zazzua, Queen of Zazzua?

I have written published articles on many famous Women Warriors throughout history. Only those who were Queens or Princesses or Pharoahs are remembered today. But there were many more that were lost in history with Patriarchy rewriting history.

Man hater? No...I'm the Equalizer! My sex has been an endentured servant for men for so long, we deserve to be heard, and not dismissed or treated like ****.

In history, women ruled Japan with an Iron Fist, before they started trading with China.

Concerning the Women of Russia taking on Napoleon, the able bodied men were sent to another front, so all that was left were the able bodied women, the elderly, and the children.

All they needed to do was hold off the legions until Winter took it's hold. Next time you decide to take someone with your alleged facts, make sure that it is not a professional writer such as myself, who spends much of her time studying history and facts.

Your facts are biased in this instance.

Your inability to trust your back with women is very sad indeed! It doesn't matter whether the person is male or female, but someone you can uncondiitionally categorically trust.

I am happy for you that you found a woman you can trust. But it sounds lik you can never trust her to watch your back. Pity.

I didn't start out bashing men on this thread, YOU started bashing women! GO back and take a look, if you need reminding.

I at least changed your mind on one subject, that women can be car enthusiasts.

Just remember that with me, that big fat juicy worm you were so intent on chomping down on turned out to be the tail OF A SLEEPING LION!

Now, back to your sponsor.

- Julie
Old 05-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

West Coast Watercoolers?
Old 05-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Just remember that with me, that big fat juicy worm you were so intent on chomping down on turned out to be the tail OF A SLEEPING LION!

Corny, yet effective and commical all at once.... satisfying.
~Eyal

Quick Reply: Name S. Cal. Wrenching Group, get a T-shirt!