Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

924 s 1987 cranks but wont start always did before

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 10:10 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky51
...then realizing somebody stole my transmission dispensary from the back during transport had to wait for a new one
Happens all the time. However the replacement Transmission Dispensary may be faulty or improperly calibrated. What size owl feather did you use?

I can't make much sense of all this so I suggest testing with only testing ONLY with the DME side of the DME relay jumper installed and not the fuel pump side.
https://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/fuel-05.htm

That means connecting 30 to 87 but not 87b. Then with no fuel pump crank the engine to clear it, then try some starting fluid.
If it starts on starting fluid, connect fuel pump for a few seconds, then disconnect and crank again. If it catches that probably means fuel is escaping the fuel system.
You might get it to run by dabbing the fuel pump on and off in short bursts but if left connected it'll flood out and die. That would verify too much fuel.

Old 04-12-2024, 10:44 AM
Ricky51
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate all your help guys cars up and running mechanic shop in Texas couldn't fix it and Ally mechanic couldn't fix it I couldn't fix it until I watched the YouTube video and found somebody that crossed spark plug wires OMG Porsche number one doesn't start or everybody thought it started it starts from the second one from the right hand of the screw of the distributor cap duh now I'm trying to do a diagnostics check don't know where to get the tool anybody got any 411 on that thank you your thoughts would be appreciated the idols going up and down and the car has a hard start when it's hot

Quick Reply: 924 s 1987 cranks but wont start always did before