Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay seller name change?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 02:56 PM
smshirk
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

emilysgranny

I was pretty sure that blondde was the old partwerks. Based on the information you provided, I can understand why they may not answer emails or get the part right or ship in a timely manner. What I can't understand is why they would lie, and they have many times to more than just me, or why they would never ship a part under partwerks and then start selling under a different name. I can certainly empathize with their situation, but there is no valid excuse for dishonesty. Since you seem to know them , please tell them to just be honest and everyone will understand. I'm not the only person who has paid for a part and not received anything.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

ahhh...more bad news regarding blondde / partwerks

https://rennlist.com/forums/911-forum/171954-dealings-with-partwerks-be-warned.html

during the last few months of partwerks, their feedback info became 'private' so no one could see how negative it was

what I don’t understand is that folks such as "unsigned", "Clint's 944" and "Porsche-O-Phile" report no problem…”would do business again”…yadda, yadda, as if the naysayers are the ones reporting incorrect information.

the fact is that these eBay sellers are dishonest (but maybe only 10% of the time !!...as if that is acceptable to some )

anyone who has read these complaints and choose to continue to do business with them are just foolish
Old 12-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Partwerks is quite expensive. That is enough to keep me away from them, regradless of service quality.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:58 AM
unsigned
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom Carson
ahhh...more bad news regarding blondde / partwerks

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171954

what I don’t understand is that folks such as "unsigned", "Clint's 944" and "Porsche-O-Phile" report no problem…”would do business again”…yadda, yadda, as if the naysayers are the ones reporting incorrect information.

anyone who has read these complaints and choose to continue to do business with them are just foolish
Part of the issue is that they are local, and I could go 'see' if I needed to.

Ryan
Old 12-17-2004, 10:08 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by buckshot
is the realtively new e-bay seller going by the handle of "blondde"
actually the old "partwerks" seller?
seems to have some interesting stuff but i'm a bit leary to bid if its the same??
waddyal think about it??
buckshot wi
I have purchased a few things from her, she seems to have an endless supply of new-old-stock parts and hard to find items. Communication has been slow on occasion, and she didn't combine 3 items I won in one box to make shipping less expensive, but otherwise it wasn't a bad transaction. Not perfect, but on an ebay scale of one (horrible) to ten (terrific), I'd give it a 7.

I would buy from her again, keeping in mind that I shouldn't be in a hurry to get something and don't mind paying extra for shipping if I get more than one item. Hope that helps.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:13 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by emilysgranny
Yes , Blonnde is the old partwerks . I have been around this board for many yrs now and have come to know quite a few of you. Helped some of you when you were down , So I'm going to call a few favors in if you allow me. Jays wife Kathy ( she does all the email ) is in bad shape right now in and out of the hospital with Chrones disease and it is progressing. Jay called me the other night and I won't say what he was thinking about if he possibly loses Kathy nor what he was contemplating doing himself. So I asking you guys to go easy on him till he gets things sorted out. I not saying to buy from him , just understand if it comes to a business or your wife whats your choice ? And pray for her recovery. Thanks EG
EG,

I replied to the first posting here before I read this. I am sorry to hear that. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

T.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:24 PM
emilysgranny
Pro

To all who have had a bad experience with them , I certainly can understand your frustrations because I am owed too.. I do not condone their business practices or any lying done for that matter. Nor do I want anyone to think I am asking to buy from them . In lifes little scheme of things sh-t happens , everyone has their ups and downs . However, What I am saying is that I have known them for a long time and am worried about Jay and his wife Kathy's health . Would you not do the same for your friends , or would you kick them when they are down ?
Old 12-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

13 negative feedbacks in 1 month...continued to list new items, take peoples money and often not bother to ship the item

most people don't bother to leave negative feedback because you just get back negative feedback from the jerks who screwed you over

well it looks like eBay pulled the plug on these guys finally

I'm sorry about their health problems...but seriously, they lie and they steal money from us (2 times from me...over 100 bux each time)

George, would you recommend Rennlisters buy from them when they resurface under another name?
Old 12-24-2004, 01:42 PM
emilysgranny
Pro

Tom ; Frankly , It would probably be hit and miss. Ebay or retail is time consuming and with what is going on and the feedback you pointed out in a short span of time , verifys that.His time is spent tending to his wifes problem. Generally , I don't comment on other persons business practices and it hurts me to make my previous statement , but for the good of my fellow Rennlisters , I did. I am priviledged to some personal info here that must be kept private for obvious reasons . Hopefully we can get Kathy into a special program at the University of Chicago and help her.I am not associated in any way with their business but only see a friend in need of some help. I have known them for 15 yrs and have come to like them and just can't turn my back on them . I will say he is very knowledgeable and hopefully will turn the business around. Tom , if I can help you , let me know. --- EG

Quick Reply: ebay seller name change?