Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF can I do with the back seat?Stereo room?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 11:08 PM
4spd924
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF can I do with the back seat?Stereo room?

I am thinking of just folding the back seat down,taking the seatbelts out and making it look like my '77 924 never even came with rear seats for about what there worth.You might,and this is a big might,be able to fit a midgit in the back seat if he/she could lay sideways.

I think I would just use all of that room for a kick **** sterio system.It would be pretty sweet.CD deck back to door speakers,then 6x9's and 2 10-12" Subwoofers gettin power off a big amp.(At least)What do you guys think?Sound like a good stereo setup?Anything to add?
Old 11-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With all your posts today, one thing you have to realize about rennlist, is that most of the info you are going to receive, it is going to be from purist/enthusiast porsche owners, focusing on what the Porsche was designed to do and be. I'm just warning you, that questions like these are going to give people the impression that you are less of an enthusiast, then maybe you won't get help on something importnat you need in the future.

On a lighter note, a nice stereo system is nice.... but spend the money on exhaust and listen to that, it's just as good!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:20 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

word
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2004, 11:33 PM
4spd924
Advanced

Ok.Thanks for the tip.I just figured this place was full of alot of different restorers here seeing how people are painting their taillights and installing racing buckets.I guess if I give the impression that I am not restoring to exact specs than oh well.I am not,never been,never will be the type to totally restore any car to factory specs.

With that out of the way I guess I will just ask this question to the people that fall into the modifiers section of restorers.If you dont like it go ahead and post it.It is not going to bother me any.

Now back on topic.Yes the exust note is a very good thing.I am just saying that I like the stereo there when you want it and the hatch does seem pretty big when you fold down the rear seat.I am pretty into stereos thats why.To me there just aint nothin better than riding around in a Porsche listening to some good music.But thats just me I guess.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:36 PM
4spd924
Advanced

Originally Posted by xsboost90
word
Yo!!!!!Now yo talkin wit da music.We huuk ya up wit som bump in da trunk.Peace out home slice!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wasn't saying that everyone here is trying to go back to stock specs or anything by any means.. But I was getting the handle that you were looking to have a loud obnoxious thumping car coming down the road so everyone can here....

I go by do what you want to the car, it's your car.

I think that one 10 or 12 inch sub with like a 250 watt amp would be more than enough for this size car.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:45 PM
prophesized
Instructor

you dont want to put speakers behind you, they ruin the imaging. put some nice components in front then you could make a fiberglass sub box/amp rack where the back seats are.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:55 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there was talk of making a box that continuates from the rear hatch area, forward towards the seats and straight down to where the front of the rear seat was..subs in the vertical would be nice. Cover w/ carpet match colored carpet and youll be good, and put the amp in that area next to the subs to hide them, but no gaudy big pimp my ride speakers pokin out the hatch w/ tvs in the headrest yo.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:58 PM
4spd924
Advanced

Now your talking prophesized.I dont think I have enough skill for making a fiberglass box though.

Yield:I guess I misunderstood and so did you.I meant that I need a stereo,(My car has none now)and it needs to sound good.I really dont like bass that much and going down a road with the stereo so loud that you would think fort drum was blasting is totally not me.I dislike people that do that.I would just like it there to have it there because its not like I will be storing any bodies in the compartment.

Ron
Old 11-13-2004, 11:59 PM
4spd924
Advanced

Oh and there will be no "pimping out" of my rides.LOL

Actually the place for the spare tire would be good air space for an 8 or 10 probally.I cant even fit my tire in there anyway.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:59 AM
kevin Dubois
Racer

so yeah this has been covered many times before, but i always like posting pictures of what my car used to look like before i ripped everything out. here is what i did to the back seat:

the picture doesn't give the carpet justice as it was nearly an exact match, only the original carpet was faded, and thus looks more blue in the picture.

but as you can see from the picture, i took both the seat back and bottom out and replaced it with the amp rack. on the pass side is the amp, and on the driver side is a compartment with a flip up top. in the compartment was a distribution block, cap, APO (auxillary power outlets, for my laptop power inverter and for the hardwired radar detector). everything was made for 1/2 particle board, L brackets, hinges and some carpet. there were a few complex angles but nothing someone with a table saw and a jig saw couldn't do. all in all my brother and i spent about 3 hours making it. turned out nice, and fit was very good.

i put my sub in the spare tire well. it was a 12. check out my cardomain page for pictures of that. i actually sold the box to someone here on rennlist because as i mentioned before i took everything out to make it a race car.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:08 AM
4spd924
Advanced

That is sweet.I will have to check out your car domain.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:14 AM
GOSANE
Banned

Thumbs up

Sounds like a good idea. (pun intended) If it were me I would try to do it so I could fix it back to stock if I got tired of it or wanted to sell the car.

GOSANE '86 944T

Quick Reply: WTF can I do with the back seat?Stereo room?