Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 04:47 AM
cag4
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Hello IceShark,
Well I hate showing up late to a great party... but as usual this facet of Porsche ownership wasn't on the radar screen until just now... but I'm now very much in the market for updating the electrical system and the lighting so...

I'm a bit confused between the lighting package and the negative/positive cables, the just completed vs. possibility of a new build, what's available now vs. what might be available at some point if enough folks make a deposit (and you can get the parts... I've gone back through this thread and your dedication to doing it right or not at all is remarkable -- and appreciated!).

So, I'm willing to PayPal you whatever you want to get whatever is available now, and to get in line for whatever may come along... if you could just sort of summarize and tell me what to send now, I'll trust you to put together a great package.

Thanks!
cag4
Old 09-05-2005, 11:32 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cag4,

Here is the situation. Headlight packages are all gone due to a lighting show-off in Great Britian and 944fest here in the States. They saw how my package performed in real life and that was the end of the discussion. I'm building more, Sept 15th is the target date and I thought I had 9 extra. But people like you are jumping on them so it is less than 9. Probably around 5. That started as a 50 kit build. I didn't think it would sell out so fast.

The last battery cable package is sold out. I might do it again but it will take 50 guys/gals to send in $100 deposits for that to happen. Think 6 months from now, my best guess.

You can get the main battery negatives now. I ordered extra supplies for them as so many people want them.

So, send me an e-mail to wraydan@msn.com with your true name and we can get you squared away.

Regards,

Dan Wray
Old 09-05-2005, 11:46 AM
cag4
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Dan,
Thanks very much -- you have email and I'm down for the Fullboat, negatives, and in line for the positives if/when they happen.
Thanks much,
Charles
Old 09-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Fun4Ice
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a set of cables! I have a 1983 944. (916) 705-6991 or fun4ice@yahoo.com. Let me know when you can make a set. Thanks!

Will
Old 09-05-2005, 11:28 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Will,

Look at the thread a bit. The full battery cable kits are sold out. Maybe we can do it again in 6 months. All you can get now are the negatives.

These builds take a looooong time to pull off. You may notice this thread has over 11,000 hits. Those are not window shoppers. They are people wondering if the last build would pull off and fly.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Dan,

Looks like I will have to wait 6 months for the next build for the battery cables. When you say the headlight packages are "all gone", does that mean you won't get to make them again? Because I'm putting myself in line for those too, and the $100 deposit when need be.

But, I will take a battery negative cable now, as they are available. Check your email!

Cheers,
Brendan
Old 09-06-2005, 09:00 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Brendan,

Got your e-mail on the negatives and responded.

Do you want the headlight kit also? That is not a big problem. I'm just sold out of the harnesses at the moment but am building more which I should have done by the 15th of this month. If you can afford it you may as well get the headlight package and the main negative battery cables all in one box. Will be cheapest on the shipping up to Vancouver in one box.

Now I see your signature so know which firewall cable ties to send you for the battery negatives.

Quick Reply: New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....