Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 07:31 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....

I have a few people that need new full positive and negative battery cables and want me to build them.

I can't do that anymore without a run of 50 complete sets. The last run priced out at $264 with the shipping in lower 48 USA. Next run will go up because I know my wholesale price on #1 cable of top quality went up by 18%. #4 gauge went up by only 3%. So who knows, there you have a feel for the final prices.

Sign up here and send me an email at wraydan@msn.com for a spot on the new build. Also a deposit of $100 to keep away the window shoppers and fund supply purchases. If we get enough people to do the build you can get your deposit back if you later decide not to fulfill your promise and get someone new to fill your spot. Or I fill it for you with someone new. If the build doesn't pull off you get your deposit back. Of the many hundreds of deposits the only glitches were one jerk that claimed he paid more than he did without even looking at his checkbook, rear end of a donkey, and another guy that I can't find, though I've tried everything. I think he died, rest his soul.

For those that need to know what the full battery cable packages are you can do a search of Rennlist for the prior threads. I'll post links if you fail on that. And as far as these unique builds I do, the quality, and the deposit risk: just ask anyone that has participated in the past on how everything worked out in the end.

If we get enough people, I'll do it one more time.

Last edited by IceShark; 01-17-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Adam H
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set waiting for my car (among other products of his), and they are amazing. Dan is a good guy.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

People... This is an excellent opportunity to eliminate a major FIRE potential in your 944s. The wires going from the battery to the starter (and the grounds) are usually in VERY bad condition after 18 years or so and if you have not changed them, do so now!!! When you pull them out you will see cracks and chunks of loose insulation that would not be visible by inspecting them while in the car.

Changing these eliminated a variety of battery discharge and starting problems for me as well.

Jim 1987 944S
Old 01-17-2005, 10:04 PM
father2nate
Pro

Dan - You may want to post your website so that people can get an idea about the product you offer. Which, from what I have heard, is a top-notch product. I'll be investing as soon as I recover from the 4 Konis that I have to purchase.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Worth every cent. Really a great product and with Andre's instructions a fairly easy install (caveat: most of my car was apart at time of install). When people saw these being installed they had cable envy!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:12 PM
my87944s
Racer

I will sign up for a set if you can keep the price under $300. I was looking at ine the other day and noticed they are in REAL bad shape... There is only so much you can do with indutrial electrical tape!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:29 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

What about if i'd sign up for the positive battery cable only since i already have your negative cable and suppliment ground Dan? (IceShark)?

Would you need a deposit for that as well? how much?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:31 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt H
Worth every cent. Really a great product and with Andre's instructions a fairly easy install (caveat: most of my car was apart at time of install). When people saw these being installed they had cable envy!
Man, you REALLY should see the difference between the factory and the new "Iceshark Kit" , well you do know since you have them

I have pics of both (old and new cables) if anyone needs to SEE the difference
Old 01-17-2005, 10:49 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Do IT, Dammit!

Ok, really, it's weel worth. most satisfying modification I made...... That and the lights.....
Old 01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
82-928/89-S2
Advanced

Hi Everyone,

This is a copy of a post I wrote three months ago regarding Dan’s Battery/Headlight packages that I think is worth reposting for anyone on the fence about buying them. My feelings on these packages have only strengthened after using them daily since installation……………….

10-21-04
I’m fairly new to Rennlist but had heard all the rave reviews about Iceshark’s Battery/Headlight upgrades almost immediately when I first got on board. After doing a search and reading up on them, I was anxious to buy the packages to see for myself if all the hype was for real and managed to get in on the last group buy.

I’ve since installed both packages and I must say I am completely overjoyed at the results! My S2 was having a hard time keeping the battery charged along with very sluggish starting and lazy gauges. I should also mention that the original cables I pulled off the car looked like they were in great shape and I was a little skeptical I would see any improvement.

After installing the battery upgrade kit I started the motor and let it run for 10 minutes thinking (at the time) how I was a little disappointed that my starter did not sound a little stronger after the upgrade. I then started it a second time and thought that the starter was gonna fly off the motor!! (It must run 2X faster now). Everything electrical in the car literally “came to life” and my volt meter jumped from 12.5 volts to 14 volts with no more charging issues.

Installing the headlight package was literally the difference between night and day for me! I can see twice as far and clearer along with a huge improvement in side vision. It’s very difficult to even tell if the fog lights are on or off with this upgrade.

I am extremely impressed with the improved performance and construction of both of Dan’s kits and would highly recommend them. It’s the best money I’ve spent on this car and has transformed it into a new vehicle for me.

Thank you Dan!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:27 PM
father2nate
Pro

hosrom - Post those pics, if you will. I'd like to see !
Old 01-18-2005, 02:26 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

OK, Dan (Iceshark) if you want me to remove those pics for ANY reason, inform me please. I don't want to cause any 'trouble'

Negative Battery with Suppliment Ground

Negative Cable Close-Up (Notice the super heavy duty ends )

Suppliment Ground Installed

Dan, any comments on the place i chose for the ground? you recommended that location so.........did i get that right? (and yes, the end goes to the headlight grounds, ~5 wires)
Old 01-18-2005, 02:34 PM
painkiller
Racer

Dan's kit is great. The termination work and the cable quality are far superior to the OEM stuff even if it was brand new let alone 18+ years old. If Porsche made Dan's cables they would prolly sell for at least triple what he charges.

We now need to convince him to build a harness for the afm and tps, fuel injectors, etc.

Dan, I'm searching for the neg for your GT1 picture. Havent forgotten!

John
Old 01-18-2005, 04:32 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Hussam,

Yup, that is the spot. You are socked into the block.

If you want in on just the positives that is no problem. It is the positive components like the fuses and fireproof fiberglass sleeve that I need to order in big quantities so you fill one more slot in making that happen. All the positives are covered with the fiberglass sleeve you see on the supplemental ground in your picture. That sleeve is pretty unique on quality. Trust me, I've looked at most everything in the world. I don't make the components, I find the best ones and use them. So, I really have no ax to grind ... I get the best I can find at the best price and you are stuck with what the bill adds up to.

When I order supplies, big guys like Molex and Federal-Mogul know I'm doing another run. They know me, a small fish that sets their production plans off due to to the quantity and quality of the part. Almost no one buys this stuff. I don't know, seems like I'm the only guy ordering the good stuff now.

I have also discovered that I probably need to do a run of 100. So uphill as most guys won't replace until the car catches on fire.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come on guys...ask perry...or anyone else who's had an engine fire...ORDER THIS KIT FROM DAN!!!!! He's DAN THE MAN!!!

Quick Reply: New Battery Cable - contact info & updates....