Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If anyone wants to be a moderator...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 03:57 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Tifo - LOVE the new avatar!
IIRC he's had this one before. I've always loved it. Looks like a big cat getting ready to pounce its prey
Old 05-24-2005, 04:29 PM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

We need a greaseslinger for moderator!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah, well, Matt lived in Austin long enough to qualify... lol Thats just what Rennlist needs, a "shoot first, ask questions later" moderator! lol Just teasing, I consider Fort Worth to be "home", even tho I don't live there any more.

After watching whats been going on with this, I am glad John didn't act on my offer of help a couple of month ago when Pete was swamped and frustrated. Anyone want to start a fund raiser so that we can convince Pete to stick around? Its a bigger loss than y'all think.

Regards,
Old 05-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sh944
Yeah, well, Matt lived in Austin long enough to qualify... lol Thats just what Rennlist needs, a "shoot first, ask questions later" moderator!
Yepper! Let God sort out the bodies!

After watching whats been going on with this, I am glad John didn't act on my offer of help a couple of month ago when Pete was swamped and frustrated. Anyone want to start a fund raiser so that we can convince Pete to stick around? Its a bigger loss than y'all think.
Amen to that.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Truthfully, it's nothing that a fundraiser would fix. Pete simply doesn't have his 944 anymore and is busy with life and other pursuits. Will he get another one someday? Maybe. But for now, he's got his house, daughter, son, guitar, work, dating, and other interests. It's not that Rennlist isn't "special", it's just that he has other things, you know? I completely understand.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Truthfully, it's nothing that a fundraiser would fix. Pete simply doesn't have his 944 anymore and is busy with life and other pursuits. Will he get another one someday? Maybe. But for now, he's got his house, daughter, son, guitar, work, dating, and other interests. It's not that Rennlist isn't "special", it's just that he has other things, you know? I completely understand.
dating, did you say dating. putting dating above rennlist? I think I was once like that... maybe i will ask my wife out on a date, just have to plan it so i can be back on the board before i go to bed.

I know after 911 i escaped working downtown by going into the board. time to come back to reality.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

"Power to the one who doesn't want it ..."
Old 05-24-2005, 07:16 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate all the kind words but Tifo is right. Life just kinda took a left turn on me and I had to prioritize things and the 944 wasn't in the top ten.
I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary as a moderator and I'm sure any of the others mentioned here would do as well or better.
This place will always be important to me because of the incredible friends I've made here. I owe many of you a great debt. It's just that for the time being Rennlist can't be my top priority and to be a good, effective mod that is what is required.
Now if 100 members wanted to each send me $10 a month I'll stick around and moderate the hell out of this place!

That last part was a joke.

Or not.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Let's just buy you a new car so you'll have a reason to be around more.

And to fill in that avitar. Makes me want to cry every time I see it! I'll photoshop one in there if I must. . .
Old 05-24-2005, 10:17 PM
vette4lyfe
Three Wheelin'

that may be the saddest avitar ive ever seen.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:02 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Let's just buy you a new car so you'll have a reason to be around more.

And to fill in that avitar. Makes me want to cry every time I see it! I'll photoshop one in there if I must. . .
Lets buy him the 944NA from NH thats for sale here on the list in another thread. It looks nice and we can buy it for about 2K.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott, you came to my mind this afternoon as an excellent choice as well.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
1. I'll be fair, patient, impartial, and available to talk to.....................but I won't put up with spam, drama, crap, bullying, and non-members posting their for-sale ads here. Rules are rules and they should be enforced. If people don't want that, then I would be the wrong man for the job. The moderator for this board needs to be a straight-shooter (much like Pete).
Yeah!

HELL YEAH!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:30 AM
SS 951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt H
Wow, geez...dont know what to say. There are lots of folks here who are more than capable. Pete did a great job but since he doesnt have the car any more it really isnt fair for him to have to deal with this. FWIW, I did PM Tifo and asked if he was interested, told him to check out the thread, I think he would be a great choice. To be honest, with the amount of content 3 mods might be a good idea (John D and two others).

I dont think that as a group we can lose. Pete did an excellent job at what I am sure is not all that much fun. I am sure that whomever replaces him will also do an excellent job. We have a great group of guys/gals here.
\

Seems like the "smart" thing to do with all the acolytes that Pete has received on this thread is for Pete to get another Porsche!!!!

Scott
Old 05-25-2005, 12:43 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS 951
\

Seems like the "smart" thing to do with all the acolytes that Pete has received on this thread is for Pete to get another Porsche!!!!

Scott
YUP!

Quick Reply: If anyone wants to be a moderator...