Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior color question....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior color question....

I've seen all kinds of variations... most are aware of the "deviating interior" w/light carpet, seats, etc, & black dash top, door panel strip, etc... Porsche did this w/several dif colors too... I've always liked linen/black... I've seen tan & black this way too- once I saw one w/tan carpet, panels & underside of dash w/black top, etc, BUT, the car had black door pockets, handles, handle trim, window switch plate, etc, &, even mats (probably by owner)... I've since seen linen/black w/black misc trim pieces too... I'm almost 99% sure that black/linen actually had white handles, trim, window switch plate, etc... I think I've seen these pieces in both black & white...

I'm wondering- did true black/linen have any of these misc pieces in black, or was it white? Also, was there ever a FULL linen, w/ALL of these pieces linen, including top of dash? Has anyone ever seen a linen hatch cover, either roll-out OR hanging style???

I ask b/c I've always wanted linen- A linen top dash would be less prone to cracks... What about glare? I'm leary of aftermarket carpet, so I could keep mine black. IF I could get linen seats & my door panels recovered- I'd need to decide about the upper strips- could make them black & keep upper dash black OR go ALL linen.... ? I'm just wondering what all I could get away with keeping the car looking really nice, etc... b/t the door pockets, floor mats, & trim pieces (handle & handle trim, window switch plate, etc...) how much mixing & matching I could do b/t linen & black before it looks something out of Fast Times At Ridgemont High....? Photo Shop might help, but, I don't have it...

Anyone have any good pics of linen & black combinations, or, full linen, that they can post or send???

thanks a lot....
Old 01-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I always assumed that the black dash was used to cut glare. Other than the door strips, my speaker grills are also black. With black mats, she looks very sharp. I'll try to get you pics. FWIW, I love the linen interior with most dark colors - was hoping to find a guards red/linen for Andrew to buy. He ended up with tan - and his speaker grills are tan.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
chilix
Instructor

My 944 has a all black dash, black door panels and trim, and black floor mats but the seats and carpet are beige...looks nice
Old 01-24-2006, 07:17 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine-
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Interior color question....