Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my car !!! Pictures on page 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:27 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go find the Durango guy some night...and fix his fenders up!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:30 PM
incessant
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, but that dosen't help me fix my car!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Incessant, Also, Performance Products sells an aftermarket valance for $600.00 or so that is made to flex more than the fiberglass
Old 05-09-2006, 11:33 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by incessant
nice, but that dosen't help me fix my car!
No, but it'll make you feel better
Old 05-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Hokay, looking in the catalogue, it says
Originally Posted by Performance Products
This spoiler is reinforced where the original was weak and is made from the latest in poly technology. Save thousands over the original and restore the beauty to your front end. Reday to primer and paint. Make sure you add the flex agent to the paint before applying
It says it's for a 944, from 1983 to 1989, part number 914544, $499.95 each, ground freight oversize shipping only

Link to the spoiler at performance products
Old 05-09-2006, 11:38 PM
incessant
Racer

Thanks for the info.. That would work for me if I keep the car.. but the I am pretty sure that the Insurance company can only use official parts for the exact model.
Good to know if I decide to keep it!

Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

At least in Colorado, insurance companies can use aftermarket... My sister's Nissan was wrecked, and the insurance company wanted to toss on some aftermarket fenders... However, the body shop stepped in and said, "Hey, we want to do this right, and the best fit is Nissan official parts"... the insurance company was kicking and screaming, but the body shop won...

And it's worth a shot. call up your insurance agent, and see if they'll allow it to keep the car from being totalled...
Old 05-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn durangos.. its always a durango. isn't that what killed bloodravens car , or whoever it was? hope you get it resolved.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:00 AM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

My sister has a car (sentra) that was totaled by Progressive. She bought it back from them for $500 and my brother and I were able to fix it for ~$400 in parts. At least in GA, it was easy getting the salvage title issued. Just take pictures of the damage and after the car is fixed, take it to be inspected by the state.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Brett Jenkins
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

A friend just asked me if I know anyone that would be interested in an 86 944 with a blown head gasket. Here are the details he gave me:

Its my blue one. 143,000 Kilos (approx 89,000 mi). Copenhagen Blue, Oyster interior, 5spd. T-belt at 100 klics. Would have to check records on water pump. I don't recall it being done. Has had one motor mount replaced. Phone dials, new Mich Pilots at 122K. Carbon fiber look dash kit. As I recall only 2 very small cracks in dash. Hole in driver's seat bolster. Free flow exhaust, K&N filter, looks like it has that throttle upgrade. I would have to compare the records to the Performance Autoparts catalog. They sold a package with the K&N filter, throttle deal and a chip. I don't know how to tell if it has all three or not. Has that deal where the rear license plate is moved down to the bumper and the tail lights are continued across the back (says "PORSCHE").

Imported to Canada, bought used in Porsche dealer Canada by second owner. Stored for a period of time before it was shipped to southern CA in late 90's?. Dad bought it somewhere south of LA. Had a total repaint in '95. Receipt shows $300 in parts and $3,000.00 in paint. The front air dam is pretty chipped up, aftermarket fog lamps. New sunroof clips (no bag). I could go on. I have a couple of owners manuals, a Haynes manual, an extra set of hood or hatch struts, an extra pwr window motor, a set of Blaupunkt spkrs for the front and a couple sets of speaker grills. It has an aftermarket cd stereo with speakers in the door that don't fit so swell. Pretty fair records from both prior owners and a carfax.

He wants $3500 for the whole shebang.

Also, I talked to the owner of EuroMotorwerks here in Indy about the 86 turbo he told me about. He mentioned that someone from Colorado was sending someone over to look at it. Was it anyone on here that I gave a heads up to?

Anyway, if it's still available, here's the scoop on it. ~120k miles. Engine overheated. Euro pulled the engine, replaced the block and then completely rebuilt it, including new tbelt, water pump, etc, valve job, etc. Clutch at ~110k miles, IIRC, Kalahari exterior, tan interior, IIRC. 8" and 7" fuchs, but I think he said he's keeping the 8" and putting on more 7", so 7" fuchs all around. He said the front clip had been painted and it looked like the clear coat was done poorly, so it's faded. He said the rest looks great, so just needs the front clip painted. New radiator, new motor mounts, new belts, new hoses, new steering rack, X-over instead of cats, solid 5-speed tranny, good interior, some dash cracks, typical wear on seats. $5500.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

How does the gap between the door and fender look? How about the gap between the end of the door and the quarter panel? Any deformation of the sheet metal under the hood? Does the door open and close without sticking?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:04 AM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

yanno that doesn't look too bad. it will buff right out! (sorry had to say it) looks like all you need is a new passenger front fender, most everything else can be sanded down, puttied and repainted
Old 05-10-2006, 02:23 AM
vette4lyfe
Three Wheelin'

Hey i have a a front bumper if yours is too damaged to repair. no pads or lights though, and its blue.

BUt if you decide not to fix it back up, can i call dibs on the motor?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 AM
cjeckert
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

jesh thats not bad at all it would be a shame for it to be salvaged hopfully u can figure somthing out.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

You should be able to bargain with the insurance guy, I did this with my Honda when I got rear ended. I told the guy I didn't want to deal with having a salvage title on the car. He looked up the damage on his comp, and said it was about $450.00 worth; enough to total the car. The adjuster said he could change some things around, I think what he did was just delete some things from the invoice. Essentially he said some things weren't damaged, even though they were. This brought the damage down to about $320.00, and didn't total the car. I took the money and never had the car fixed.

You could probably do that if you want to. Maybe take the money for the valance, the side marker light, and the paint, but not for the fender. Used fenders are pretty abundant. See if the adjuster will do that. Everyone should be happy then, you get less money, but the car isn't totalled, and the insurance company pays out less.

Quick Reply: Crashed my car !!! Pictures on page 2