Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car got hit! :( (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im already looking for another black on black
Old 07-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Whitt944
Always Wears Protection
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brother,

Put the keys down, step back, and never again get into another vehicle. This time you weren't even doing anything.

I feel bad for you man, may be time to check on buying a tank or other type of LARGE SUV>
Old 07-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Dr.Porsche
Rennlist Member

I hope you are ok. Do not jump to a settlement too quickly. Gather all of the recent photos, and receipts. A few years ago, I almost tripled my insurance check with recent pics and a video shot just before the accident. Also, I got royaly shafted when my SAAB Turbo SPG was totaled by a new Lincoln. It was 100% not my fault as deemed by the police, but I was still out of a vehicle that I loved..with higher premiums. All because SOMEONE ELSE did not know how to drive. I am not a big fan of litigation, but oyu should not have to be put out by someone else's negligence. I am sorry, but this kind of thing makes me angry
Old 07-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Dal Heger
Addict
Rennlist Member

That car is totalled. Sorry man. Buyback is easy, just tell them that you want it back, and they'll just take the salvage price out of the cheque that they'll cut you for the loss.

good luck man.

Dal.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:08 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch, best of luck with dealing with the insurance companies.. Looks like it was a nice car. I wonder how people can just drive into other cars that are not even moving..
Old 07-30-2006, 08:09 PM
87turbo911
Rennlist Member

That's just all kinds of messed up. All these things happened to you over the course of a week?!? I agree with Whitt944...stay indoors! I'd say "get a driver to drive you around" but that person might be afraid that you're an accident magnet!

J/K, of course...I hope you're okay. A car, even if it's a Porsche, is just a car in those cases.

Metaphysically speaking, maybe it's just a sign that you need a new-to-you car.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Macfreak007
Three Wheelin'

Damn it!!!, thats sad man, looks alot worse than mine when I got rear ended. You are totaled.

I feel for you Rock, I'm really sorry this happened to you
Old 07-30-2006, 08:23 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

good thing that nose wasnt bolted down all the way or it would be broke!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

DAMMIT. That is soo totalled.
Rock, I swear. One of these days your luck will change .

Buy it back and part it out.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:38 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about the accident -- I can't believe the bad luck you keep having.

If the frame is bent up, chances are the car is totaled. The wrinkle ahead of the rear fender is a pretty good indication that it's totaled. I don't know how your insurance company works in your state, but I'd provide the insurance adjuster with all valuation information you can get a hold of (ads for similar cars, Excellence valuations, etc, etc) plus receipts of all recent work done. Don't assume that they get all the information you have. If they total the car, you should have the right to buy by the what's left as salvage pretty cheap -- but if you go that route, you'll have to deal with the hassle of parting out or trying to repair the car yourself. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Whitt944
Always Wears Protection
Rennlist Member

Wait a minute, I was wrong.

Rock, please continue driving 944s. It is obvious you were put here to help the re-sale value of everyone elses car by allowing them to become "rare" Sorry man, bad timing on the joking part, but jeez......
Old 07-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dammit. I just drove it, I really dont want to see this car go

Even if I buy it back, theres no chance that its fixable right? I just lookd at the front. The front bumper is pushed up a bit, thats why the nose panel jumped out.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:50 PM
kwdrus
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock
Is buying the car back gonna be hard?? Ive never done this before, I dont wanna loose it
My car sustained similiar damge and fought the other person's insurance company for 3 weeks. I got 3 thousand more than they were going to give me plus the car. Don't settle for their first offer. Gather all your receipts and any documentation you can find that shows how much these cars are being sold for.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Dal Heger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Everything is fixable, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

I've seen cars MUCH worse off than yours get repaired properly and work just fine. In the good repairs, you can't even tell that it was ever hit.

BUT

it takes a LOT of money. A LOT more than the car is worth, a LOT more.

Dal.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Daily944
Racer

That really sucks man! It looks totaled. Most insurance companies will look at the blue book value and if the damages exceed the 60% mark they usually total it. The buy back of the car is easy, you will get the offer from the insurance company. As for having it repaired, why? It will have a salvage title and that being the brand on it, you'll never make back what you put into it trying to have it fixed.

Just do as previous posters have said, gather all info on prices, receipts and anything that will help show a high value. Then take the buyback, buy a new one, and have parts to swap out if needed(or even have backups). Then once your somewhat happy with the new car, and done with the old, sell all the rest to listers and make a little more money off the whole thing.

Your luck is bound to change sooner or later, this may even be a little good luck and might find something nicer. Just depends how you look at it.

Quick Reply: Car got hit! :( (pics included)