Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1-800-PORSCHE sucks a mean one. Here's why:

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:00 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

maybe just "photoshop" one to spec and call it good. (just kidding).

this truly sucks.... i hope you can get the matter resolved without too much more grief.... my first thoughts were after the first retry failed, the next option might be to consult a friend at a local dealer (foot in mouth).... i realize how absurd such a notion must be; (hoping a third party might be able to coax Porsche into solving the problem.... but after all, this is the same company that brought us the plastic cassette box, and power steering pumps that leak **** all over humanity, and kept right on delivering this crap well into the '90s.... and they still keep putting all those gawdy stickers all over their cars, when just a checkered strip will do....

after spending a fair amount of time in Jerry Pellegrino's shop (European Performance Engineering), a guy who works closely with the factory to provide solid data about manufacturing defects, i've come so see things from Gerry's perspective; the reality is, that once their cars exit the warrenty window, they become much less of a concern to Porsche and if anything, little more than a nuisance.... my only quarrel with Porsche is that they never ordered a second batch of Turbo S gears from the manufacturer for people tuning their 968s. otherwise i've come to appreciate the selection of parts offered in the afterworld, and by other vendors.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:21 PM
944meister
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your analytical insight....
Old 03-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.

Who let the feral monkey at the keyboard?

Ban Mastert55 immediately.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastert55
Ok, all the lonely ******* who are haters against porsches are either stupid and gay, or just gay. You cannot fathom how much work is put into hand crafting a porsche, i do admit that some of the models have their faults but i do say that each porsche is made with the highest quality products and resources. One cannot simply hate on a porsche and say that a certain model is the most attracted to the homosexual group, when there are so many other cars that are even fruitier. The owners of BMW are all jealous of the fact they can't afford to purchase a car and had to resort to a cheaply mass produced pile of **** snd sticks thats moves. Porsches, even the bad ones are better than most other cars. The quality of german engeering beats a bunch of cars made in sweat shops.
This comes to mind. Also this thread is 6 years old.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

6 years old.

there is no yesterday, today or tomorrow when speaking plainly about the corporate offices.

anyway, that mustard55 guy sure sharded himself with his first RL postings.

but, just to set the matter straight.....

Porsche doesn't officially acknowledge that the Porsche 924, 944 or 968 exists or ever existed...

nor it's manufacture.

there are two lines... starting with the V.W. Bug...

evolving into the 356 and Speedsters and ending with the 911...

and there is the other lineage starting with the Spyder and ending at present with the Boxster and Cayman....

but no reason to complicate matters for the public's consumption....

the company basically wishes to firmly attach it's existence

with this over-priced bugwagon thing known as the Porsche 911....

even runs documentaries about this goofy car....

and it's inferred that by telling the 911 story,

the car is synonymous with telling the complete Story of Porsche.....

they manufactured a total of 18 proper, front-engine 4 cylinder cars; 14 Turbo S cars and 4 Turbo RS.

they were all manufactured in the 1990s.... and for all intents, don't really exist.

you may as well treat them as ghosts. and their replicas cost between $120 and 200 K to stamp....

and the parts bin is in an aircraft hanger on a top-secret base....

then there were the Turbo cars from the '80s...

and perhaps, they can be considered not totally, altogether bad

as their first attempt at a modern, turbine engine for the upper, middle-classed masses.

even if they didn't run as well as their upstart, Japanese counterparts that arrived on it's heels....

costing $10,000 less.

so then,

much like the 18 '90s prototypes,

you may go so far as to call the dozen (or so) hundred, 250 hp Turbo S cars experimental vehicles too....

God knows, they sure run like it....

and i know the 924 is clearly, an experimental vehicle

(though one might argue that point in lieu of the car they were calling the 9-2-4 in like, 1987)....

therefore, i guess Porsche is right;

none ever existed....

and the entire, 20-year episode might just as well be forgotten.

God knows, Porsche sure did.

now, about the thing i also drive....

i've never been under any illusion that i own one of their so-called completed sports cars.

i don't.

what i do own is one of their semi-proper kit car tubs....

that it came with a rather banal, pricey, irritable, lugubrious, mercurial, little toy engine

to putt around in for awhile, is entirely nugatory....

and while gathering parts and the actual powerplant to properly move the tub to and fro....

i dream about the day when said kit car tub will become something more of a completed sports car.

no misunderstandings between myself and said kit car tub manufacturer.

no hard feelings.

just as well too, cuz i'm not a fan of their over-priced crazy, ****box bugwagons.

Last edited by odurandina; 03-26-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,369 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Originally Posted by nickg
and this is why i will never sell anyone in the legal profession parts knowingly
So go live in a third-world country where the laws don't mean anything and see how happy you are there. Laws = society No laws = anarchy

Let me know how it goes.

And Mastert55 needs to either up or reduce his meds. Whichever gets him right.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastert55
Ok, all the lonely ******* who are haters against porsches are either stupid and gay, or just gay. You cannot fathom how much work is put into hand crafting a porsche, i do admit that some of the models have their faults but i do say that each porsche is made with the highest quality products and resources. One cannot simply hate on a porsche and say that a certain model is the most attracted to the homosexual group, when there are so many other cars that are even fruitier. The owners of BMW are all jealous of the fact they can't afford to purchase a car and had to resort to a cheaply mass produced pile of **** snd sticks thats moves. Porsches, even the bad ones are better than most other cars. The quality of german engeering beats a bunch of cars made in sweat shops.

What is the record for the shortest time on RL before a total ban?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

i believe it was like 16 posts up on the 968 forum...

ok, here it is. 25 posts.

banned people get labeled back as users a few months later.

but, make no mistake. it's a permanent ban.

https://rennlist.com/forums/968-foru...-variocam.html
Old 03-26-2012, 10:30 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mastert got a vacation after 2 posts. That will be hard to beat.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have nothing to add to this thread, other than: that Masert55 guy is a real douche.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks
Mastert got a vacation after 2 posts. That will be hard to beat.
It's actually the same post.

Not that anyone is counting...
Old 03-28-2012, 03:14 PM
pettybird
Burning Brakes

Wish I was in Atlanta--running the COA department seems like a calling to me.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:17 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Default Info sought on major frame weld defect

"after spending a fair amount of time in Jerry Pellegrino's shop (European Performance Engineering), a guy who works closely with the factory to provide solid data about manufacturing defects"

My 2012 Pan broke in two- literally- from defective welds in the aluminum frame. The video below tells the story:

This is definitely a manufacturing defect- Porsche gave me a letter admitting it and a Lemon law case also ruled it a "life threatening" defect in Sept. 2015. Even though Porsche was ordered to buy my car back, they won't do it and they won't warn other owners. I think the hold up to buying it back is NHTSA wants to inspect the car as soon as they get it back.

Any chance you can contact Jerry Pellegrino to see if he knows anything about this weld defect and how many cars are affected by it?
PM me please.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:09 PM
bonus12
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

First I've heard of this.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:50 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 583 Likes on 370 Posts

So did the COA ever get corrected?