Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger door won't unlock... arrrgggghhhh...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 01:53 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger door won't unlock... arrrgggghhhh...

Yesterday all of a sudden the passenger door won't unlock... no previous trouble at all.

The door release pull is about halfway in and the door won't unlock with the key or CLS. When I hit the CLS button I get a faint click and the door lock **** moves up very slightly then back down.

I don't recall the CLS switch being lit last night and it's too bright outside now to really tell if it is or not.

Any ideas gentlemen?

Methinks this is gonna be a bear to fix with the door closed.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

So is there no way to pull it up manually? You could attempt to loosen it a bit to make it rise up. The little plastic linkage inside is probably either broken or fell off. I don't think the panel can be removed with the door closed because some screws are blocked.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:40 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Valuable lesson learned... by moving the door handle release pull to the unlocked position and holding it out, then gently working the lock **** with pliers it unlocked and the door will open.

Now it seems to be sticky linkage inside the door... I guess I really didn't want to go jetskiing anyway.

I was just very reluctant to try to force it to unlock for fear of causing a bigger problem than I already had.

Quick Reply: Passenger door won't unlock... arrrgggghhhh...