Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1987 Porsche 944 NA for sale in Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Porsche 944 NA for sale in Portland, OR

The good:
- I have a stack of records for the maintenance that has been done in the last 50k miles.
- The timing belt went on at 141,800 and it was re-tensioned at 143,800. It will need to be re-tensioned again at 158,800 and replaced at 173,800.
- I put a new battery in this spring.
- It has new control arms (as of ~10k ago) along with 968 caster blocks.
- It has new rear wheel bearings as of ~10k ago.
- I just changed all of the fluids (coolant, brake fluid, oil, transmission fluid).
- I replaced the fuel injectors ~40k ago.
- It had a full tune up ~10k ago (including new OEM plug wires).
- Replaced fuel pressure regulator and idle air control valve ~10k ago.
- Clean title and good tags (passed DEQ this spring).
- Mechanically, the car is very sound, except that the drivers side engine mount is bad.
- The car has the much sought after (forged) Turbo S rims.
- I rebuilt the brake calipers, replaced the disk, replaced the pads, and replaced the brake hoses ~10k ago.
- I replaced the valve stem seals ~40k ago.
- I replaced the catalytic converter ~10k ago.
- The exhaust is intact.
- I replaced all of the vacuum hoses ~10k ago.
- I replaced the clutch with the updated spring-centered Sachs unit ~40k ago.
- I put a new drivers side window regulator in ~5k ago.
- The car has Hella Vision Plus head lights that are wired in with relays for maximum voltage (brightness).
- I have a small assortment of parts that come with the car. Mostly just an oil pressure relief valve, spare head lights bulbs, and a couple other random things.
- The front valance is intact (although not spotless).

The bad:

- Interior is shot.
- Needs new sun roof seal, and new window squeegees (the seals that keep the water out of the doors).
- The car needs new rear tires immediately.
- The power steering is disconnected, because it needs a new adjuster rod. They cost ~$50 new.
- Something is loose in the front suspension... but it isn't the control arms (which I replaced), and those are the expensive part. I actually think it just needs the wheel bearings adjusted.
- The car could use new shocks and struts.
- The odometer stopped working this spring at 150,635. I estimate that I have put 3,000 miles on since then.
- The paint is not very good, and their is some surface rust in a couple of spots (nothing that couldn't be taken care of if done soon).
- The front rotors are warped and will need to be turned or replaced.
- The battery is held in with a ratchet strap, because the original mount broke.
- The finish on the wheels needs to be re-done. The rims come with center caps that are not pictures.
- The windshield is cracked.

This has been my daily driver for 8 years, although there were a few years in the middle when I didn't drive any car (I was away at college) and this car was in storage. The car came out of storage this spring and is once again my daily driver. I am only selling it because I have a wife and kids now, and I have new priorities in my life. The car is a reliable daily driver, but at the same time a project car since in could certainly use some cosmetic improvements (paint and interior).

Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/TaborKelly/Porsche944

I am asking $2500 OBO. Email me at taborkelly AT gmail DOT com if you are interested in purchasing it.

Last edited by Tabor; 11-21-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Price reduced to $3000 OBO.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Price reduced to $2500 OBO.

Quick Reply: 1987 Porsche 944 NA for sale in Portland, OR