Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: One Bumper Shock *EDIT: found!*

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wanted: One Bumper Shock *EDIT: found!*

Was backed into tonight, no damage that I can see other than the driver's side of the bumper is pushed in. Sounds like I need a fresh bumper shock. Does anybody have one that's uncompressed?

Got one...thanks everybody.

Last edited by Wipeout; 01-16-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Found one!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:57 AM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Compress the other side to match (assuming its the front bumper). Looks better when it doesn't stick out so far. Someone obviously ran into something in my car(PO), but it is evenly compressed and I left it alone.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:26 AM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably have one, PM me and we'll iron out the details.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by empiredsn
Compress the other side to match (assuming its the front bumper). Looks better when it doesn't stick out so far. Someone obviously ran into something in my car(PO), but it is evenly compressed and I left it alone.
I get your point, but don't you think that since I'm looking for one I've decided not to do that?

Azn, I'll probably PM you a little later today.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BAM! Easy there killer.

So what's up? Are we working on your car Saturday or what? I have to do the Boxster brakes this weekend, and could also use some help jockeying cars around the driveway. Nothing like pushing a bunch of 944's around
Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Yes this weekend! All the parts are here...here's to hoping no more are needed. I wanted to borrow your bleeder (brake lines and brake fluid) anyway. Your place? Or mine?
Old 01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My place would be awesome, we could pound out everything. Any chance you can come by Friday nite for a spell to prep?

I need another person to help me push the cars about. Right now both cars are outside but there is a giant pile of wood that I pulled out of the rafters of the garage. Was sick of the stupid mice knocking crap all over my car. Now they have nowhere to hide. Most of it was original old growth that they stuck up there when they built the house. Even found the original For Sale sign from the mid 40s. Other than that the garage is pretty clean as I just got a bunch of crap out of there to prep for moving the track car in.

Also I have air tools and a bunch more wrenches and sockets now. Gotta love the sears gift cards.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Don't see why I couldn't drop by Friday evening. Will check with the powers that be, then I'll bring all the parts (and BEER) Saturday.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Tim Comeau
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who think it looks better or is cool to run with your front bumper compressed, here's a different take.
If you get hit or run into something lightly and those bumper shocks are already compressed....no give. The energy is transferred directly to the unibody, which WILL bend. One of the first things I check out when buying a 944 to build in to a 944 spec car is the front longitudinals.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Comeau
For those who think it looks better or is cool to run with your front bumper compressed, here's a different take.
If you get hit or run into something lightly and those bumper shocks are already compressed....no give. The energy is transferred directly to the unibody, which WILL bend. One of the first things I check out when buying a 944 to build in to a 944 spec car is the front longitudinals.
If mine were fully compressed, I wouldn't run that way. Its about an inch back, looks just a little cleaner. I didn't even realize it until I was looking at one of my old cars.

Quick Reply: Wanted: One Bumper Shock *EDIT: found!*