Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of Replacement Carpet Set / PartWerks

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 11:47 PM
goingboeing737
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Review of Replacement Carpet Set / PartWerks

I am about half way through replacing my carpet and thought I'd give my opinion of the operation to this point.

I got the set from PartWerks (they list it on ebay @ 295.00) They sent about 10 pieces of samples to choose the color from.

The fitment of this stuff is OK/poor. The quality of the carpet itself seems good, it's not shedding. The original is a 2 piece for the floor pan, this is a giant one piece unit. Very hard to work with. The rear side pieces don't really match up, and none of the holes or snaps are there. Also none of the parts are marked. As it stands now, I have 4 parts left over. They do have some padding attached in a couple of places. Most of the visible edges are finished with matching vinyl. The large rear carpet is not finished as well as the original. The bump for the spare is not edged at all, and overall fit is a little off.

I don't know what I was expecting, but this has been a much larger PITA than I had planned for. I would have probably taken the set to a shop and had them install it.

I could post some pics if you want, or ask any questions.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:38 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is 8 years old, but I got mine from http://www.jageng.com/garage9/produc...roducts_id=429 and its also 10 pieces, I have 2 left over. And ther was poor fitting with the spair tire, wheel wells and behind the front seats. But Im gonna try to fit it my self. The quality looks pretty good, so I hope I can make it fit right
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Thamagic1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please post pics as I am interested in doing this as well

Mike
Old 07-27-2011, 03:10 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

All I can say is you get what you pay for...
Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
All I can say is you get what you pay for...
Well, I can contest that. I bought a World Upholstery kit. The carpet is called Feintuft, which is German wool. Probably one of, if not the, most expensive aftermarket carpet sets out there. The carpet itself is incredible and I've never seen a nicer carpet in person. And the front set dropped right in - perfect fit. But from the front seats back, it's not even close to fitting. In fact, it's awful. No way was it made for a 944. Even worse was the company next to impossible to work with. They weren't interested in actually fixing the problem - all they did was send me a yard of fabric and told me I was on my own.

At least in this case, I didn't get what I paid for.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Severian
Rennlist Member

Has anyone ever found a replaced their carpet kit that they were happy with and can recommend?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

The one I got from Jager is pretty darn good looking and when im done its gonna look like new, pretty close to good fitt but long away from perfect.

Quick Reply: Review of Replacement Carpet Set / PartWerks