Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life is good!! Both 944's back on the road again.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 10:36 PM
944 Fan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Life is good!! Both 944's back on the road again.

Well, after having my 944 n/a stolen out of my garage a few months ago, I have finally been able to repair the damage and get her back on the road.

The drugged up theives dumped off a stolen car in my neighborhood and were looking for another one to hotwire and get out of town. Lucky for them, they found my open garage with keys in the ignition. I don't think I could have made it any easier for them. I live in a very nice neighborhood and never would have thought in a million years that someone would have walked into my garage, while I was home for lunch from work, and steal my car right under my nose. Unbelievable.

Luckily, my S2 was on jacks while I was doing a brake job or it would have probably beent the target.

From now on, I lock the garage door, the doors on all the cars, and even set the alarm in the garage on the cars and the house. I don't want anything like this happening again. I can only blame myself for being so careless. I gave them the opportunity and they just couldn't resist, I guess.

When I got the silver porsche back, all the fluids were depleted, the power steering pump was blown, the cv joints/bearings were shot, the tires were bald and the interior looked like some wild animals had been nesting inside.

After several grueling weekends, I have managed to get the car back in to the condition it was in before they stole and vandalized it. The only thing I couldn't fix is where they dropped brake fluid on the right side fender and wheel. Paint has flaked off and the wheel is stained.

Im just glad that I got the car back and now I can drive it again.

Nick
Old 12-23-2002, 11:17 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks but at least the car is back and being taken care of again! No 944 deserves that kind of treatment.

Quick Reply: Life is good!! Both 944's back on the road again.