Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1987 944 5-Speed N/A PA - DOES NOT RUN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1987 944 5-Speed N/A PA - DOES NOT RUN!

It's been a while since I've been on here but for good reason. A lot has happened over the years and now it is time for me to sell the 944.

History goes like this: I bought this December 2006 as my Daily Driver. It needed some TLC which I gave as much as I could while I had it. I only drove it about 6 month when one morning when I was heading to work, I started it up and there was NO oil pressure. I knew it spun a bearing and never did anything to it for a while. I just pushed it into the garage and there it sat as I thought about what to do. Money was very tight so I put an old car I had sitting around back on the road and contemplated what to do. After about a year of siting I finally started to dive into it with the intentions of fixing it. I remove the cross member and and oil pan and front struts to gain access to the oil pan to take a look inside. Nothing wrong with the pick-up tube but I did notice wear on the bearing edges as far as I could see.

Here are my old threads about the car:
I don't know how to link it but the one is titled " !#@$%@#**@@ !!!!!!"
Search under my name and you'll find some stuff.

Well,
I let it sit and then decided I might want to drop an LS-1 into it. But now I am in the middle of a divorce and it needs to go ASAP!

It currently sits in the Garage in Boyertown, PA with the cross-member removed and still all apart. All pieces are still there but I am currently in Massachusetts trying to start over.

I was just recently in a bad car accident as well with a broken neck, cracked vertebrate in my upper spine, a broken sternum and rib with contusions on my lungs. Good news is that I am recovering just fine and had surgery to correct my neck and spine and should be fine in 6 months.

But I digress.

I need to get the car out of there as I no longer am living there and the ex is losing patience. My In-Laws live right next door to it and have been keeping an eye on it until i found some way to get it out of there. My only hope is to find someone willing to buy it AS-IS and take her away.

The car currently sits with 110,622 miles in it and it needs some minor body work. Could be a great project car for the track or something else. I just need it GONE.

I have been a member here for a long time and have been lurking from time to time.

I am asking $1000 clean and clear but it would need to be towed out.... I might be willing to work on the price.
I literally have the title in my hand and am ready to get rid of it to a better home. I have a few extra black interior parts and a new headliner for the sunroof as it is broken.

The car has a bunch of chips and some scratches and a couple rust spots. The previous owner and I fixed the rust that was at the rear bottom of the rocker panel.

When I bought the car the timing and balance belts were done, it was aligned and the trans axle fluid was replaced with redline. I also replaced and flushed the brake fluid with Super Blue racing brake fluid.

Specs:

Slate Gray Metallic with Burgundy interior
5-Speed
It is NA (non-turbo)
Has some aftermarket 2-piece wheels that need to be refinnished.
I replaced the rear shocks with Koni adjustable
Has (I think) Bilstein front lowering suspension and the whole car was lowered, re-indexed and aligned.
I have a bunch of the paper work but not all of it.
I am throwing in all the extra pieces I have,the O2 meter and 6 Quarts or Royal Purple 20W50.

The radio that's in it I am keeping.

There might be more that I am forgetting but I am here for any questions or concerns.

Here is a link to all the pics i have. The order they go i are the most recent to the oldest.
- Page 1 to half of page 2 is how it sits right now.
- The rest of page 2 and page 3 are the day I bought it. (The harness bar was kept by the previous owner)
- Page 4 through 6 are all pics from the previous owner while he had it all the way back from when he bought it. It shows everything h did while he owned it.

PICTURES: http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r...Porsche%20944/

AM I missing anything????
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Eastep
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much for the wheels, and will they fit a 924S ?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

Originally Posted by Eastep
how much for the wheels, and will they fit a 924S ?
I am really just trying to get rid of it all at once. I've had a PM with an offer so far and I am thinking about it. Plus, I have no idea what they are worth as they need refinishing and new tires.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

To add, I have a few spare parts like an extra intake manifold, steering wheel that needs to be re-wrapped and a throttle body that needs to be rebuilt.

It will all go with the car if I have a buyer.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, I do have the front bumper. It was removed when I was taking it apart to take off the oil pan.

It is still apart as it sits now.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 PM
WizPorsche944
Three Wheelin'

If it were an 83-85 id be all over this.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Eastep
Pro

i just want the wheels lets work a deal
Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Gremlin85
Racer

Sorry, but it's all going at once. I am currently trying to work out a deal through PM for the whole car. Hopefully it goes through.

If I give up the wheels, it's got nothing to roll on. lol
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if you read the OP's entire post.

Cliff notes are that he has a BROKEN NECK and is in a DIFFERENT STATE than the car and needs to sell it RIGHT AWAY because of a DIVORCE.

You might have better luck contacting whoever buys this from him to see if they are going to part it out or whatever....
Old 06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Vonov
Racer

Location: Nashville///'84 944NA, Virtual Luftwaffe pilot, Fighter Ace online

Bump to help a brother out...here's wishing you some good luck, m8...sounds like yours is about due for a change...
Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Eastep
Pro

Originally Posted by Josh B
Not sure if you read the OP's entire post.

Cliff notes are that he has a BROKEN NECK and is in a DIFFERENT STATE than the car and needs to sell it RIGHT AWAY because of a DIVORCE.

You might have better luck contacting whoever buys this from him to see if they are going to part it out or whatever....
nope, there was waaay to much to read for an FS add and I have A.D.D so I lose interest fast. i just looked at the pictures.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

$1000 Or Best Offer
Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

Can I hear $700 or best offer?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I WISH I HAD MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 AM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any thoughts on listing it on eBay?? there are always some people out there buying these cars in this condition as either junk, to part and make $$$$, race cars, or a fixer upper.

if on ebay, the chances of this thing moving out of your garage are going to be higher and much faster. best of luck and sorry to hear about the big "D" =/

Quick Reply: FS: 1987 944 5-Speed N/A PA - DOES NOT RUN!