Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power antenna early 944

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
bzracer73
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power antenna early 944

Hey all....

I just installed a Hong Kong special in my 84'944 (hey the price was right)

this is the one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

and although install was a bit more of a hassle than I thought it should have been, it is installed and goes up and down....for the price I'm pleased.

My question is this....I have a new sony xplod head unit with remote antenna turn on....the antenna goes up just fine when I turn the unit on.

However when I turn the unit off or switch to CD, the antenna stays up. Even if I turn the key off while the radio is off it won't go down...for some reason, the radio has to be on then I turn the key off and then the antenna will go down.

I thought hmmmm is this a wiring issue??? no way possible...I hooked into the only two wires the third is the antenna wire that were in the drivers fender area and while the colors are all oddball colors....I connected them two ways and then switched the wires....first way I had them connected for some reason when I turned the radio on my cooling fans turned on...as weird as that was I did get a good laugh out of it...gotta love early german wiring....and the reverse of that the antenna worked....so I figure I have it wired right.

So what confuses me is why the antenna won't go down when I turn the radio off or switch to CD....the only way this antenna goes down is if I turn the ignition off with the radio on.

Weird huh?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
84' 944
Old 08-17-2009, 03:02 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

that is definitely a wiring problem.

i have a sony xplod also with a generic kragen power antenna and it goes down automatically when i switch to aux or cd.

give me some time i should be able to give you a list of which color wire is what so you can fix it
Old 08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
bzracer73
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sent you a pm....I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

Brian

Quick Reply: power antenna early 944