Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished T/Belt and Reseal, Now ticking noise? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 01:57 AM
944 Fan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Finished T/Belt and Reseal, Now ticking noise? Help!!

Well, I just finished the two day process of doing the timing belt and balance shaft belts on my 944 along with a complete reseal.

After putting it all back together. It makes a noticeable ticking sound that i can't seem to make go away. Tried swepco and other fluids for the valves/lifters, but nothing works.

The timing marks look like they line up, except the camshaft mark is not exactly aligned with the mark on the housing. It is almost perfectly lined up, but not quite. Is this normal? Should it align perfectly or can it be a hair off? Does this mean my timing is off?

I have taken the belts off several times not but can't get them to line up perfectly. The car drives fine otherwise, but just makes a ticking noise all the time now. I know its not the injectors, because the noise is very noticeable now and was not like this before i did the job. I've had the car 5 years, so I know all the car's noises.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will have to spend all the money I saved doing it myself to now have a mechanic diagnose it.

Thanks, Nick

Quick Reply: Finished T/Belt and Reseal, Now ticking noise? Help!!