Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling - trying to establish value

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
P. Ortiz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of selling - trying to establish value

I just read the post by Clowd regarding the value of his 951 that he's considering selling. I didn't want to interfere with his post by asking about mine, so I'm posing the same question here. I've been entertaining selling mine selling because I'm thinking of getting a 911 of some sort and don't have room to store both in the way that I would like. This is not a sale offer as I know that the rules require stating a price and full membership, which I would do if I decided to sell. Here's what I have:

1986 944 Turbo
Alpine white/burgundy int.
55,000 miles
Fuchs, LSD, sport seats, Koni yellows from factory
Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel, Momo Anatomic (short) shift **** and Momo boot (still have all original stuff)
Boost Enhancer, Autothority Stage II chips
Exterior: excellent plus with only a minor ding that can probably be done paintless. Wheels are mint as is glass, plastic, rubber, etc. Truly, the car has an almost new look to it.
Interior: very nice with perfect dash, like new condition Momo steering wheel & shift leather. All is very clean. Only very minor scuff at entry point of sport seat leather. There's also a minor area on the passenger seat where stitching is undone. I'm really nitpicking though because they are pretty discreet.
Mechanical: runs fine and strong with T-belt replaced 1 year ago, but seals might need replacing as it leaks a little bit of oil.

If anything lets it down, it's the engine compartment. It really can use a detailing, and I removed the original hood padding since it was original and deteriorating badly. But haven't replaced it yet. Other than that, it's a really nice car that even managed a people's choice first in class at a PCA event recently. Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:32 PM
racer
Drifting

I know of an '86 with 1/2 the miles and equally as well equipped like yours that sold for $20K last year. It was a PCA concours class winner.

Recent belt / WP service? hows the clutch? How's the dash? Seat bolsters? How about the hood and hatch struts?

Beyond that, and without pics, $8-12K imho should be easily attained.. if not in a rush, maybe even $15K (once the engine compartment gets detailed)
Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 PM
944Ross
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are plenty of quite nice 951's going for $5500 - 6000 asking price. You can fix a lot of problems for that extra 6k. GLWS but I think you'll be looking at a lot less than $12k.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Clowd
Pro

thanks for making mine look like a pile of crap!!!! haha just kidding, good luck man.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:15 AM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Clowd
thanks for making mine look like a pile of crap!!!! haha just kidding, good luck man.
Don't feel bad, mine has 195k miles, needs seats redone, some body parts need repainting as well, phone dials need to be redone, hatch needs to be resealed, dash cracks, one tear in driver door... mines probably worth 3,500 at best lol..
but i do have a lot of new parts though lol

Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 AM
P. Ortiz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Clowd
You've got a good sense of humor. Really, it wasn't my intention. It's just that I had been planning to post the same question on the same day. You just beat me to it. Best wishes with whatever you decide. It sounds like you've really enjoyed the car so everything from here is icing on the cake.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:35 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With that kind of mileage I would put the car back to stock and have the ding repaired. Install the factory hood padding and clean up the engine bay including new coolant tank and new brake fluid tank (keep originals) Make sure you have all the stock stuff that the car came with (battery cover, tire compressor, tool kit, owner's manual). Get some new Lloyds floor mats, make sure you have a spare key and that the maintenance is up to date. I would start off asking 13.5k then and see what happens. I would bet someone would pick it up as a nice unmolested example with relatively low miles. Also make sure the tires aren't old.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling - trying to establish value