Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Door Panels 944

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Vagus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Interior Door Panels 944

I have a 1986 N/a and ontop of getting off those hell forsaken seats I'll be replacing just about everything else to complete a carbon fiber/black interior. Right now everything is beige, with some black on the dash and door panels. Carpets, door panels, console, maybe dash?, steering wheel will all be getting changed. The shark is hungary and it wants to be fed some money. I will be making some custom changes to the back seat. Right now it is gone and they will either be replaced with leather seats or just kept out to make make way for subs and amp set-up.

Door panels will be changed hopefully to leather. I would like to cover the dash and rear quater panels with black leather similiar to that nice 968 that Eric Sandoval owns. A bunch of other stuff too.

Right now my car looks like a stripped down race car. All my carpet is out, seats (except for passenger is out,) dash ripped out, all paneling, engine (in the process of a Renegade Conversion), paint waiting to be completed (either black with blue mettalic pearlescenses or this beautiful green to deep blue to dark purple flip. It looks unbelievable) On to the questions.

My first questions is what type of door panels will fit in my car? I've seen some nice 968 panels that look like they'd fit nicly. There are all leather black door panels for the 944 correct?

Second. For the carpet. Do replacements come with the foam structural supports? ie in the rear where the spare tire goes?

Third. ANother carpet question. When ever I look for carpets they don't list anything except the rear storage area and the front seat area. ASide from picking up used pieces, where can I find new carpet for the little areas? ie the little piece below the back seat.

Forth. HOw well does Duracoat work? The black stuff to paint dashes and other stuff.

This board is great. I'm soaking in all this info. Thanks a lot

dan

1986 944 N/A with LT1 conversion
1983 N/A RIP

Quick Reply: Interior Door Panels 944