Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N/As need love too...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fressssssh
Turbos just completely take over all 944 picture threads and I'm really curious to see what people in the N/A crowd are doing. Post the best ones you've seen...
..... Driving the Turbo of course !!!!
... seems the NA is always broke

It is nice to have both. I think the 83 NA is waaaay quicker and responsive.

...... and now back to the previously scheduled program .....
Old 02-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Miss my n/a, sold it in January '08. My 951 is alot of fun but in a totally different way. I pretty much stopped auto-x'ing because the 951 is terrible in comparison to my n/a.

Powerwise it was mostly stock other than an FR Wilk chip. Put out 125whp when i dynoed it and that was with full 2.5" exhaust, no-cat from the headers back. Had a budget Koni suspension with 200lb springs, stock rear torsions, M030 sways and i put on 951 brakes all around. Did the basics with lightening also. Super fun car that did great at auto-x.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 PM
YoungerThan944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to get back on the road as soon as the school term is done!!

Techno Duck, I love the look of your old car there. That first image is too cool
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Rudeboy42
Rennlist Member

I pretty much stopped auto-x'ing because the 951 is terrible in comparison to my n/a.
That's why I'm not in any hurry to trade my NA for a turbo.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Fintro11
Pro

My 1988 944 sitting at a friends house i almost have it put back together after doing the head waterpump and timing belts. It is a tan interior but i plan on putting in black carpets, I am just having problems finding a rear deck mat >.<

Old 02-09-2011, 10:58 PM
seafeye
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird

What no cruise control?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 PM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

2 N/As here... both 87's, Street is an S Race is 8valve SP2 in PCA

Old 02-09-2011, 11:43 PM
kenkawai993
Instructor

Nice color scheme on the #87 car. Reminds me of braun GP 2 years ago with jenson button and Rubens barichello.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:19 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by seafeye
What no cruise control?
no cruise, no power steering, no air conditioning, no charcoal canister system, one clean, easy to work on engine bay

it also has no rear wiper, rear seat back, or torsion bars.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:55 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fintro11
My 1988 944 sitting at a friends house i almost have it put back together after doing the head waterpump and timing belts. It is a tan interior but i plan on putting in black carpets, I am just having problems finding a rear deck mat >.<

You are welcome to my ratty old beige one when it gets replaced after I get the replacement in.. but it is falling apart...

Good luck finding the rear carpet... I was on the lookout for almost 3 years before a friend spotted someone selling an almost new carpet set with the correct rear mat...

BTW, nice color, and year, is it 2 tone interior black over beige? If so it is my cars long lost twin! wonder how far apart they were in build sequence...

OH, and yes it is fun having both, until both are broken! But the NA will ride again, possibly tomorrow!
Old 02-10-2011, 02:14 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally an 86 n/a car, however no longer n/a....

Old 02-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Fintro11
Pro

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
You are welcome to my ratty old beige one when it gets replaced after I get the replacement in.. but it is falling apart...

Good luck finding the rear carpet... I was on the lookout for almost 3 years before a friend spotted someone selling an almost new carpet set with the correct rear mat...

BTW, nice color, and year, is it 2 tone interior black over beige? If so it is my cars long lost twin! wonder how far apart they were in build sequence...

OH, and yes it is fun having both, until both are broken! But the NA will ride again, possibly tomorrow!
Thank you for the offer but I'm looking for a black one I missed out on a nice eBay one. The interior is actually just tan, I bought the car I'n September and I have just now finished most of the work on the engine, the interior is pretty dirty and the head liner is broken. I am not a big fan of tan, so I bought a mint condition black carpet off eBay great deal just no rear deck matt
Old 02-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Po924S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Fintro11
Thank you for the offer but I'm looking for a black one I missed out on a nice eBay one. The interior is actually just tan, I bought the car I'n September and I have just now finished most of the work on the engine, the interior is pretty dirty and the head liner is broken. I am not a big fan of tan, so I bought a mint condition black carpet off eBay great deal just no rear deck matt

Bad timing, I just sold my mint black carpet set. Including the trunk which was amazing! It took me a year to find it. Lol. How bad is your rear trunk mat? I have one that I wouldn't call great but I think if you dye a little spot on spare tire hump and get a rear floor mat you'd be good. You could have it for the price of shipping. Let me know if your interested.

I wish I had pictures of my car! I need to get some good ones. Here is one change I made to my interior though! I get paid tomorrow and then here it comes full leather door panels! I forgot to vacuum it!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Fintro11
Pro

Originally Posted by Po924S
Bad timing, I just sold my mint black carpet set. Including the trunk which was amazing! It took me a year to find it. Lol. How bad is your rear trunk mat? I have one that I wouldn't call great but I think if you dye a little spot on spare tire hump and get a rear floor mat you'd be good. You could have it for the price of shipping. Let me know if your interested.

I wish I had pictures of my car! I need to get some good ones. Here is one change I made to my interior though! I get paid tomorrow and then here it comes full leather door panels! I forgot to vacuum it!

My rear trunk mat isn't that bad, to be honest i haven't really even tried to clean it yet. There appears to be a bit of a rust spot in the middle of it though but it could just be a stain. If you have a black mat take a picture of it i would defiantly be interested.

I have seen a few porsches with the tan/ black interior like stogie25's i think that is kind of the look i am going for, I just need to find seat covers for the seats. The front seats have tears in them on the bottom >.< and the steering wheel is in pretty harsh shape, But i doubt fixing up the interior will be as bad as doing all the work on the engine i just did haha

Quick Reply: N/As need love too...