Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior color code, here we go again

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy interior color code, here we go again

I have a copy of the window delivery sticker in hand that shows the exterior color code of Q7Q7 and interior code of LQ. I checked under the hatch where the "real" code is and LY6Y is the ACTUAL color code for the exterior which is Nile Green Metallic. Next to that (under the hatch) is the same interior color code that is on the window sticker, i.e., LQ. Further reading in the options list of the window sticker is the verbage: Partial leather front- lt grey. I have been of the opinion, even supported by the faint greenish cast of the seats, that they are not light grey but linen. The person I bought the car from stated that the interior color was Linen. Maybe they are actually light grey. The carpeting is a greyish, very light beige. My only concern is that I plan to recover the seats and want to get the right recover kit. If LQ is not a valid color code then where do I find the REAL one? Do I go to a Porsche dealer and see if they can research their data base? This shouldn't be this complicated.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nile Green uses Both LY6Y and Q7Q7 as paint codes. Most modern shops will use the LY6Y when looking it up.

The Interior Trim Code of LQ is for Light Grey Leatherette. A Porsche Dealer can check by VIN and confirm your Interior Trim Code if you are worried.
Your Seats have a Color Code of NZ7 (Not sure if still used today)

Guessing by having Nile Green your car is a 1987 or 1988, I do not believe Linen was even available until 1989.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
dstt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to muddy the waters, an earlier(today) set of posts have seemed to id my interior, which is LQ and has seats of a vaguely beige tone with greenish cast, as something called "mushroom," definitely not pale whitish-grey like linen. On the other hand, my carpeting could be called light grey. I'm thinking either the materials have tended to age differently, or were subtly different when new or varied by age.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:02 PM
67King
Race Car

Not sure if you'd be interested in a set of very nice used ones, but I've got a set of LQ seats that I'm selling. Driver's side is power. There are a couple of pictures in the thread below (and my other thread is on the second page). You are the second person today to say that LQ is light grey, but I swear there is no way I'd call my LQ interior grey. Tan, beige, mushroom, maybe even linen, but there is no way I can see it as grey.

By the way, where did you get the interior codes? I haven't been able to find them.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dstt
Just to muddy the waters, an earlier(today) set of posts have seemed to id my interior, which is LQ and has seats of a vaguely beige tone with greenish cast, as something called "mushroom," definitely not pale whitish-grey like linen. On the other hand, my carpeting could be called light grey. I'm thinking either the materials have tended to age differently, or were subtly different when new or varied by age.
No Porsche interior color was called "mushroom" There are some called "champagne" with interior trim code PB or PE.

LQ (light gray) does not look the same as it did when new twenty some years ago.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:15 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by LAURIER
No Porsche interior color was called "mushroom" There are some called "champagne" with interior trim code PB or PE.

LQ (light gray) does not look the same as it did when new twenty some years ago.
Do you have a source for the codes? WHen I removed my interior, the pieces of carpet that hadn't seen the light of day in 23 years were decidedly less faded, and decidedly more towards the tan end of the spectrum. I know sometimes names can be misleading, but I'm also wondering what Porsche called the grey interior, if they called the tan one grey.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 PM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 67King
Do you have a source for the codes? WHen I removed my interior, the pieces of carpet that hadn't seen the light of day in 23 years were decidedly less faded, and decidedly more towards the tan end of the spectrum. I know sometimes names can be misleading, but I'm also wondering what Porsche called the grey interior, if they called the tan one grey.
Porsche Product Knowledge Book
Subject: Interior Trim Codes
Date 1/27/94 Group 18
Model 1985- 944
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
LiveFromNY
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The lt grey doesn't look grey at all. It looks more like a light beige.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Pirrex
Advanced

Could somebody tell me what the name of this interior color is?

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s...x/IMG_3468.jpg
Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Pirrex woke up an old thread-That is Champagne
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Pirrex
Advanced

Originally Posted by 944Fest (aka Dan P)
Pirrex woke up an old thread-That is Champagne
Yes he did, thanks!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:53 PM
peterten
1st Gear

Default Interior code HQ

Anyone know what interior code HQ is? Looks to be similar to the Silk Grey on 911 Anniversary models.

Quick Reply: interior color code, here we go again