Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soo..Like.. Yeah

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Barnaby Jones
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_monkey
Management you say? So you don't have any *productive* talent...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

I think the point here BJ is that all this sarcasm and hammering you is for good reason. This topic has been beat to death by noobs. All you needed to do was a 2 minute google search and you would have been able to avoid this rather cold welcome you have received here. The simple answer is not that it can't be done, but that by the time you are done trying to Turbo your N/A, you will have spent enough money to buy a 951. Not to mention the amount of downtime the car will have as well as the countless hours trying to figure it all out. This isn't a civic, these motors just aren't prepared to withstand the stress of a turbo, thats why it is rarely done. I mean very very rarely done. Now if you are up for a challenge and you want to do it just because people are telling you it shouldn't be done then knock yourself out. I have plenty of money for popcorn and I want nothing more than to see you succeed, but if you are a troll, you are a pretty good one, except you haven't even posted a pic of this car you bought.. have you?

So if you want a turbo, the best option is to sell your car and buy a 951. If not rip that 4 banger out and drop in a LT1, you'll have all the respect you want at the stop lights.

and remember, Google is your friend, talk to it, love it, use it.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Barnaby Jones
Advanced

Originally Posted by pjstevens77
I think the point here BJ is that all this sarcasm and hammering you is for good reason. This topic has been beat to death by noobs. All you needed to do was a 2 minute google search and you would have been able to avoid this rather cold welcome you have received here. The simple answer is not that it can't be done, but that by the time you are done trying to Turbo your N/A, you will have spent enough money to buy a 951. Not to mention the amount of downtime the car will have as well as the countless hours trying to figure it all out. This isn't a civic, these motors just aren't prepared to withstand the stress of a turbo, thats why it is rarely done. I mean very very rarely done. Now if you are up for a challenge and you want to do it just because people are telling you it shouldn't be done then knock yourself out. I have plenty of money for popcorn and I want nothing more than to see you succeed, but if you are a troll, you are a pretty good one, except you haven't even posted a pic of this car you bought.. have you?

So if you want a turbo, the best option is to sell your car and buy a 951. If not rip that 4 banger out and drop in a LT1, you'll have all the respect you want at the stop lights.

and remember, Google is your friend, talk to it, love it, use it.
Pictures will be coming, my camera broke so I am trying to find pictures of before I bought it..

I like challenges, and money.

If I wanted an LT1 I would buy a rusty *** truck!

And I already stated I have googles, but have no Idea of what I am supposed to be googling at, please enlighten me.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Keep fishing my man, you'll find what you are looking for, but you won't find it with me. Lets take a step back for a second, you joined on the day you saw an epic thread of a guy ripping a Turbo S motor out of a car and working on dropping it in his NA, then you post a topic with "So...Like Yeah" ... come on... who does that? You immediately ask the one question every 944 owner on here knows better than to ask followed by wise guy answers and how you turbo'd your ricer. All of this adds up to troll, and you have done nothing other than PM one guy with some sort of sob story that convinced him to say you are legit. I ain't buying it. Broken camera? That means you don't have a camera phone or a friend with a camera? I'm telling you, it is way easier to troll on Vortex or a mustang forum than it is here.

This is how you troll
http://jalopnik.com/#!5159377/auto-f...ashing-edition

Here is the short answer you may be looking for
How Do I Turbo My Non Turbo!?!?!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Barnaby Jones
Advanced

Keep fishing my man, you'll find what you are looking for, but you won't find it with me. Lets take a step back for a second, you joined on the day you saw an epic thread of a guy ripping a Turbo S motor out of a car and working on dropping it in his NA, then you post a topic with "So...Like Yeah" ... come on... who does that? You immediately ask the one question every 944 owner on here knows better than to ask followed by wise guy answers and how you turbo'd your ricer. All of this adds up to troll, and you have done nothing other than PM one guy with some sort of sob story that convinced him to say you are legit. I ain't buying it. Broken camera? That means you don't have a camera phone or a friend with a camera? I'm telling you, it is way easier to troll on Vortex or a mustang forum than it is here.

This is how you troll
http://jalopnik.com/#!5159377/auto-f...ashing-edition

Here is the short answer you may be looking for
How Do I Turbo My Non Turbo!?!?!
While I may have lived under a bridge at some point, I am certanly NOT a troll, although I do find it humorous that you guys keep saying this.

I in fact DO have friends with cameras, and even camera phones, but am also quite busy, and short on friends who live in my general area.. 1 state to the north, or 3 states to the south, yes.. however having them come over to take a picture of my 944 so I can dispell your concerns.. not really in the cards.

I have gotten in touch with the PO, who is sending me pictures again, I would happily take pictures myself were it not for my lack of a cell phone, and a broken camera, but thanks for pointing that out bub.

Once I recieve pictures I will post them up again, just so you can say "Wow, look, he really did post actual pictures of an actual car".

You guys make me want to do this more and more each day (not to mention my need for boost... it's like crack... and I'm suffering withdrawl).
Old 04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Just calling out the obvious, you have done nothing to prove otherwise. So where is "The Town" anyway? sounds like it's in the middle of nowhere.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Barnaby Jones
Advanced

I suppose it would be pretentious of me to inquire as to what oil I should be using?

I mean, at least I haven't asked THAT!

And yes, the town is in the middle of nowhere, just down the road from somewhere, 2 towns over from anywhere...
Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
944Ross
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://tinyurl.com/3g97j5f
Old 04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Barnaby Jones
Advanced

Originally Posted by 944Ross
HOLY CRAP... how'd you do that?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barnaby Jones

And I already stated I have googles, but have no Idea of what I am supposed to be googling at, please enlighten me.

http://www.google.ca/#q=how+to+turbo...c4127669&hl=en

Who the hell says "I have the googles" sounds totaly retarded.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Originally Posted by Barnaby Jones
HOLY CRAP... how'd you do that?

HAHA, that was pretty good!!!

Yes, you should save your oil question for a brand new thread!!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:45 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sysgen
http://www.google.ca/#q=how+to+turbo...c4127669&hl=en

Who the hell says "I have the googles" sounds totaly retarded.
Along with So..Like Yeah

hence the troll accusations
Old 04-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

either way you should start out by reading turbo books.
You have a lot of things to think about and make work together, like the engine management, placement, fabrication, tuning, logging, and safeties.
I would suggest these for the first batch.
http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Boost-...3397455&sr=8-9
http://www.amazon.com/Induction-Perf...3397563&sr=8-1

That last one is a doozy...
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Rennlist has a built in search, just in case you didn't know

How to turbo my n/a

https://rennlist.com/forums/search.php?searchid=8426554

95 threads of pure reading enjoyment
Old 04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Yes, you should save your oil question for a brand new thread!!
PLEASE NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Quick Reply: Soo..Like.. Yeah