Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which MAF fits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:28 AM
LP944
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which MAF fits?

Im experimenting with air intakes, and looking to get the most air into the engine. Which MAF system will fit and connect, and replace with the old restricted metering system of the stock air intake?

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLY
Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM
jss
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in my vw days I went with bmw e32 735i maf.its larger but I need to see if its still 4 pin like 944 use
Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Interested as well.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:16 PM
elzergone
Pro

Someone here has one of the Miller Performance MAF kits for their NA, and seemed very pleased with it. I've been eyeing one for a while now.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Yes have looked at the web site and have heard good things about them. Just wondering if there is a almost as good option for alot less than $400. I might just go ahead and bite the bullet though.

michael
Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 PM
F40LM
Rennlist Member

Wonder if anyone knows for certain which Ford MAF they use to use? Would not mind buying a Ford MAF from a junk yard and doing a little experimenting.

http://www.millerperformancecars.com...category_id=55
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
elzergone
Pro

Originally Posted by F40LM
Wonder if anyone knows for certain which Ford MAF they use to use? Would not mind buying a Ford MAF from a junk yard and doing a little experimenting.

http://www.millerperformancecars.com...category_id=55
Well, on their website they say they no longer use the Ford sensor:

"Our MAF systems use real Bosch sensors, no cheap knock-offs here. Over the past 5 years, experimenting with many sensors we had initially settled with the Ford sensor as it was an option that worked well and helped make the kits more affordable. Over time we found ways to be able to bring a better sensor to our kits for a better price than before! Being a real Bosch Sensor, the required voltage curve is even smoother which means better power delivery and better drivability. "

I think for a complete package the price isnt too bad, considering they wrote the code for the chip that translates from the MAF into something the ECU can understand.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:25 AM
luftpirate
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if Miller Performance ever did a tune on anything other than a automatic? I'm looking at this kit but I don't want to bother if I'm getting a tune based on the Automatic they dynod. Emailed them several weeks ago and didn't hear anything back. Also I can't find the dyno graphs they say are on the website, its like the link was removed.

Originally Posted by elzergone
Well, on their website they say they no longer use the Ford sensor:

"Our MAF systems use real Bosch sensors, no cheap knock-offs here. Over the past 5 years, experimenting with many sensors we had initially settled with the Ford sensor as it was an option that worked well and helped make the kits more affordable. Over time we found ways to be able to bring a better sensor to our kits for a better price than before! Being a real Bosch Sensor, the required voltage curve is even smoother which means better power delivery and better drivability. "

I think for a complete package the price isnt too bad, considering they wrote the code for the chip that translates from the MAF into something the ECU can understand.

Quick Reply: Which MAF fits?