Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash Damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:28 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SirLapsalot
For those of you interested the insurance company totaled my car. I must say I am pleased with the outcome. They valued my car at $6825! I could not believe it. I am buying it back for $900 and will probably fix in on a very cheep budget myself and keep it as a winter car. I have another car lined up to purchase today and I will get back with pics and more information later.
Thought that might happen.. Mixed blessing I guess. Did they, by the way, give you an itemized list of the repair estimate? At least this way, you could have an idea of what you are up against.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Butters944
So, there's a chance you've made money by getting in that accident?
I made a lot of money. It is bitter sweet though, I had a certain attachment to my car and it will never be the same now.
Originally Posted by racer
Thought that might happen.. Mixed blessing I guess. Did they, by the way, give you an itemized list of the repair estimate? At least this way, you could have an idea of what you are up against.
No itemized repair estimate and I didn't ask for one. I was not at the shop when the insurance agent came but when I talked to a co-worker who was there when the guy came he told me the agent was not there for very long and looked like he had no idea what he was looking at. The guy told me on the phone that his estimate was with all new parts because he could not find any used parts available in their "system" I was so pleased to hear that they valued my car at $6825 that I didn't ask anything other than when can I get the check.

So I doubt they even had an itemized repair bill and I have enough experience working on cars to fix it myself, I can hang body panels and fix any bent linkages or mounting brackets I'm not worried about anything other than making sure the frame rail is not bent or tweaked at all.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:01 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Originally Posted by AKCJ
Glad to hear that it worked out for the better.
Thank you
Old 08-31-2011, 09:04 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck on your rebuild.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Originally Posted by carlege
good luck on your rebuild.
Thank you and guess what....he drove a ford. Ha! I think I was you that guessed that.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a lot of money. It is bitter sweet though, I had a certain attachment to my car and it will never be the same now.

No itemized repair estimate and I didn't ask for one. I was not at the shop when the insurance agent came but when I talked to a co-worker who was there when the guy came he told me the agent was not there for very long and looked like he had no idea what he was looking at. The guy told me on the phone that his estimate was with all new parts because he could not find any used parts available in their "system" I was so pleased to hear that they valued my car at $6825 that I didn't ask anything other than when can I get the check.

So I doubt they even had an itemized repair bill and I have enough experience working on cars to fix it myself, I can hang body panels and fix any bent linkages or mounting brackets I'm not worried about anything other than making sure the frame rail is not bent or tweaked at all.
Which insurance company paid out? I got ripped off by some indian fool who had Esurance when my 91 Cabriolet was hit.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Originally Posted by Rock
Which insurance company paid out? I got ripped off by some indian fool who had Esurance when my 91 Cabriolet was hit.
It was Cincinnati Insurance. I had heard they were known for having great customer service but was not expecting them to value my car so high. They also gave me a rental car for this whole week even though they gave me a check yesterday.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
SirLapsalot
Pro

The replacement

Last edited by SirLapsalot; 09-30-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

absolutely stunning. as nice as those dials look i would be tempted to swap them with your other car. there is no reason for your "winter car" to have larger wheels.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM
SirLapsalot
Pro

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
absolutely stunning. as nice as those dials look i would be tempted to swap them with your other car. there is no reason for your "winter car" to have larger wheels.
Agreed however the N/A is an 89' this is a 86' so if anyone out there is interested in a very nice set of Design 93's let me know!

Edit: the left front wheel was not touched at all during the impact I just removed and installed the spare because the fender was pushed in enough to rub the 16" wider wheel but not the spare. I drove the car to the shop and back is why I used the space saver
Old 09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Agreed however the N/A is an 89' this is a 86' so if anyone out there is interested in a very nice set of Design 93's let me know!

Edit: the left front wheel was not touched at all during the impact I just removed and installed the spare because the fender was pushed in enough to rub the 16" wider wheel but not the spare. I drove the car to the shop and back is why I used the space saver
that does throw a kink in my plan. will you be going back to the dials on the NA?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

that does throw a kink in my plan. will you be going back to the dials on the NA?
Ahh so you needed the dials huh? Well yes I will probably go back to the dials with winter tires and attempt to sell the other wheels. First I must buy some snow tires though because I have Hoosiers on the dials currently
Old 09-02-2011, 12:09 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Ahh so you needed the dials huh? Well yes I will probably go back to the dials with winter tires and attempt to sell the other wheels. First I must buy some snow tires though because I have Hoosiers on the dials currently
no, i dont need them ive got 3 sets of wheels for my car. i just have the day off and was just making plans on your behalf
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM
SirLapsalot
Pro

no, i dont need them ive got 3 sets of wheels for my car. i just have the day off and was just making plans on your behalf
Haha Oh, well thank you!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Medski
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous car, nice find! Interior is as clean?

Quick Reply: Crash Damage