Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baltimore Grand Prix - Anyone else there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I was there all day Saturday with my son and a few friends. We walked around the corral parking lot for a while, hung out in the ALMS paddock and got some autographs and pics, ate lunch at Phillips Harborplace, then settled into grandstand 8 to watch some preliminary events and the ALMS race. Big crowd, I was impressed. I enjoyed bumping into over a dozen of my Porsche friends.

Others have already done a good job posting pics of cars, so here are a few non-car BGP photos:

My son, Nick, with the Falken Tire Girls

Me getting my man-crush fix with the Flying Lizard drivers. Unfortunately, the BGP was another 2011 race where Lady Luck wasn't with the Lizards.

Nick and I were both wearing our Lizard tee shirts, but Nick and a friend of his wanted to check out the Ferraris. When we walked up to the Risi Competizione paddock, drivers Jaime Melo and Toni Vilander gave us a hard time about the Lizard shirts. They were great sports, and you can see the boys (all four of them) definitely enjoyed the moment.

What a fun day! I plan to be there again next year.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KSM
hey sands,
i was the guy that was lookin at ur car and we talked for a bit. any more 944s show up for the corral the second day?
I called that Falken tires porsche win btw, i was very excited. we were seated at the end of the straight, quite a bit of action. where did you watch from?
nice talking to you btw

Always nice to meet other Rennlist members.

We were in the grandstands in front of the convention center just before the start/finish line.

There are a couple of 944/951's in the club but as you can see 911's are by far owned by most of the members and than Boxsters.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:57 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Thanks for sharing all of that.

It looked like a good race and an excellent crowd. Fun too!

And you made us all feel good with the pic with the 951 in it too.
I hope your not too disapointed but that is my Red 944 N/A with a turbo bumper conversion. That is the after market fiberglass bumper for the N/A so I did not have to change fenders, the header panel or the light buckets. It looks good from 10 feet away up close it has some issues with lining up with body panels. I'm happy with it but I kept my old bumper just in case I change my mind.

There is a black 951 in the picture I have down the line of the fronts in a row.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watched on TV however looked like real nice weather and lots of fun. That track was rough though but made of allot of good racing ..... just love the GT class races. Phoenix planned for this type race however NASCAR won out.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:06 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Sands944
I hope your not too disapointed but that is my Red 944 N/A with a turbo bumper conversion. That is the after market fiberglass bumper for the N/A so I did not have to change fenders, the header panel or the light buckets. It looks good from 10 feet away up close it has some issues with lining up with body panels. I'm happy with it but I kept my old bumper just in case I change my mind.

There is a black 951 in the picture I have down the line of the fronts in a row.
Absolutley I am NOT disappointed one bit.

Well other than I was not there and did not get to see the races and the eye candy. I have been about all over the world but not to Baltimore.

Your car looks great too. Gotta love these older P cars.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:07 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

It is good to see those Ferrari guys and all having fun too!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
pnbell
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Hubley
My son, Nick, with the Falken Tire Girls

Being your son's height certainly has some advantages!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pnbell
Being your son's height certainly has some advantages!
No argument with you there. However, I'll give my opinion that those two young ladies look fine from any perspective
Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 PM
VirginiaF1
Racer

Going to this year's Friday practice rounds!!
PorschePlatz 2012
My son and I figure we'll be the highest mileage/lowest priced P-car in that zip code.
Anyone else going?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've got my tickets for Saturday. I'll be in one of the grandstands that backs up against the Inner Harbor. I'll probably drop another $100 for the Platz and bring the 924S to the corral. If I do, I won't be competing for highest mileage (only 57K), but I may be in the running for lowest priced!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:21 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

I am glad this got bumped out of the deep dark archives. I received 1/2 of my tickets today in the mail. I will be there Friday and Saturday and will be parked in the Porsche corral again this year.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Baltimore Grand Prix - Anyone else there?