Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay/Ricochet Poly Bushings - anyone use these?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Ordered on Wednesday, they showed up yesterday! That grease is THICK nasty stuff. I used as much as I could.

Install was FAIRLY straightfoward. I will say though, anyone want to guess how hard it is to install a stiff, not-really-compressible poly bushing into a stock 951 drop link? I'll give you a hint - REALLY freaking hard. I impressed myself with my caveman-like ingenuity though. My tools? A smooth hose clamp and a rubber mallet.

Feels pretty good installed, we'll see how it drives.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Mayhem'sLV51
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how was it?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Naturally, as soon as I had the car running for a few days, the ignition switch went. So I'm waiting on that. The days that I did get to drive it it felt great - but I was never pushing it very hard through the corners. Definitely better than stock though.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:33 AM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, resurrecting an old thread to provide input for future searcheres

I went with these on my 90 944 S2 that I do auto crosses with. Knoni shocks, 250lb front springs, M030 swaybars front and rear. I went with the rack bushings and front and rear sway bar sets. They did stiffen up the performance and made everything fell more responsive than the rubber parts.

I have driven the car with my son and done between 12 and 24 auto crosses on them. So some where between 24 and 40 individual user events ( my son did not run ever event). You get between 6-14 runs per user per event. The courses are a long (1.2 mile) 64-78 sec.

The rear sway bar and rack are doing well. I do have a concern that the rack may be shifting under loading. I need to investigate further.

The fronts are below. This was taken Sept 2015 after around 2 summers with them.

Front Ricochet Poly Bushings

As you can see the drop link control arm bushings look like they have exploded under the load. The end drop links are OK but do show some ware. The inner bar bushing had sheered the ends off and had walked out of the mounts.

The bar in front was a commercial triangulating bracket that fatigued under the loads. That is what you get when you use M030 bars to do the work springs should be doing.

These may be good alternative for rubber for street conditions but do not stand up well to more demanding conditions.

Quick Reply: Ebay/Ricochet Poly Bushings - anyone use these?