Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Damage Again

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 04:46 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Body Damage Again

Man just my luck car gets hit and no one there to cover for the damages. I haven't been here in sometime be busy over the summer but I posted back in April about my car getting backed into by a ford f150 and causing about 2800$ in damage. Well I'm not done with that case the insurance company only wrote out a check for 497.23$ I spent 300$ just on lawyer and fees to get all there insurance information. Well looks like I'm going to file suit with my lawyer because that's not the amount I had in mind and not even close. Back to this new one my drivers side fender on my turbo is screwed someone just backed into it and left no note no nothing just bunch of bull again got screwed over again. I will probably need a new fender since it looks pretty bad. Looks like it must have been a Truck or SUV since the dent it pretty high up on it and pretty big. So now I'm stuck with around 3500$ in damaged to my car and need a whole new paint job. So I'm sticking to walking don't feel like driving the Porsche anymore since it looks like a pos. My luck not doing so well. This has just got me down. On the bright side it won't get hit anymore since I won't be driving the car.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:25 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta love senior citizens driving SUV's!
Really sucks. If it's just the fender though, you can get a junker in the same color, polish it up, and slap it on there...or so I have been seeing.
Good luck.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Billy W
Racer

What color is your car? I just happen to have a red drivers side fender from an 86 turbo that I would sell cheap.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:16 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

It's red I'm going to get the car painted anyways after court see what happens and if I win or not. I'm in Florida and I think shipping cost a bunch on these things cause I shipped a few of them out before off an na. But doesn't hurt to ask how much and how much you think for shipping? Possibly Greyhound?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Mike 89 NA
Instructor

I'd take a dented fender instead of the total that happened last month to my car. I'm sorry you had this experience, but a replacement fender can be cheap. At least you can drive your car, mine is twisted.

Mike
Old 08-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Billy W
Racer

Seb I would take 125 for the fender, I will work up some shipping cost for it once I get some weights and measure it. I have really good freight discounts at work so I will check a couple of different ways.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:07 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Mike sorry to hear about that I haven't been on here for sometime.

Billy I'm not going to do anywork on the car right now I have to see how the law suit works out on the first hit that I told you guys about. I need to remove the front spoiler and nose piece and I would like to just do the fender at that time. Currenty I'm kinda lacking on the green stuff (money) paying for court fee and lawyer but I'll keep you in mind once everything clears up. Also I think one of my friends would be going up to Charlotte in October and so I just just have him pick it up for me if you still have it that is. If you find someone that needs one and is willing to pay you I say go for it. I'm in the Porsche parts business myself.

Thanks to all that looked at my post.

Seb
Old 08-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to gloat, but someone backed into the side of my car two months ago, did $3,000 damage and took off. Two students saw it and left me a note, so his insurance company payed for all repairs.

I just picked up the car from the body shop today, after getting a few extras done at no charge to due it taking a little longer than quoted. They also detailed the interior and engine compartment, so my car has never looked better.

So, sometimes these things do work out.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:16 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Yeah, just this morning, a guy backed into me on the side. Hit right where the door meets the rear fender on the passenger side. I'm afrade the insurance company might total my car.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Some kid backed into my car last week.
Adjuster saw it today, guess I am getting all my stone chips fixed!
Still sucks, body shop cant do it till first week of September

Quick Reply: Body Damage Again