Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She ran a Red Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 01:10 PM
944Girlfriend
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance

Edge,

By all means, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

However, we're Canadian, so depending on where you're
from, things might be different.

Regardless, thank you for any info you could provide.

~*Brandy*~
Old 09-09-2003, 01:38 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Insurance

Originally posted by 944Girlfriend
Edge,

By all means, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

However, we're Canadian, so depending on where you're
from, things might be different.

Regardless, thank you for any info you could provide.

~*Brandy*~
I live in Vancouver

However this should aply to your company as well.

Ill type it all out later tonight (930AM for me) so that its got proper grammer And ill put up a link to my written summary and such.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have any witnesses? What did the cop writing up the report say? Did she admit she ran alight to him? Impressions of an accident can change over time, and maybe someone will change her mind about the color of the light.

Not saying it will happen, but keep that in mind.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Patricia
Racer

Default Re: She ran a Red Light

Originally posted by 44mag
I'm glad no one got hurt, but it feels pretty ****ty to see your pride and joy carted off like that.
Having been there, I know exactly how you feel. Glad no one got hurt (are you sure, right after an accident, the adrenalin kicks in, you may feel a lot more the next day!), but you can never be made "whole" after an experience like that. You'll be looking at every intersection, wondering if there's another idiot coming, for a long, long time. Besides all the hassles of filing a claim, finding another car, etc. - it's always more difficult that you think it will be. Be patient, and keep telling yourself how wonderful it is to be alive.

Good luck, hope you're back in a 951 soon!

Pat
Old 09-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Magnus
Racer

Originally posted by IceShark
Magnus, do you know if the fire was caused by a fuel line break onto hot exhaust, engine, etc. or from shorting the electrical system?
I have no idea, I wasn't in town when it happened so I only saw a picture in the newspaper of the crashed and burned out car standing in a field. As I understand he was trying to pass an other car at high speed (street race?) when he hit an oncoming car and finally ended up in a field next to the road.

//Magnus
Old 09-09-2003, 08:28 PM
K27
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really sorry to hear about your accident, just happy no one was hurt, cars can be replaced though.
After having seen a big rig run a light right accross my path a long time ago, now I always look both ways and never jump off the line when the light goes green, you just never know.
The red light runners are a real sore point to me, cause it pisses me off that all I ever see the cops doing is dishing out tickets to marginal speeders on the highways, and yet the infractions that cause the most crashes are hardly ever prosecuted.

Lance
Old 09-09-2003, 08:33 PM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

All I have to say is these cars are like tanks.

But I hope that b*%ch pays for what she did.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:47 AM
44mag
Advanced

I've been driving my moms Grand Cherokee all day today, filing all the police reports and insurance stuff, I dont know exactly how to describe it but the Cherokee feels like I'm driving a giant wet sponge, not to mention the tremendous view (my 944 was lowered 2") every car looks so small from way up there, funny thing is that I'm leaning it into corners still thinking its a porsche (it definately isn't) I can never seem to get the high beam thing right and I keep reaching for the stick shift that dosn't exist, not to mention pushing the brake pedal all the way in like it was the clutch, I make a terrible automatic driver. it just feels like I dont know what the hell the car wants to do. Well to get back to the point it dosnt seem like the girl that hit me is going to change her story, I have way too many witness's that saw here blow through that red for her to even think of it , but no one has heard anything from her yet. I hope she goes quietly so I dont have to rip her to pieces in court.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:56 AM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry, I do the same in the automatic.

It's good that things seem like they're going to work pretty smoothly for you here. The girl is cooperating (for now), neither of you were hurt, and your car can be replaced.

But just for us masochistic people, any picks?
Old 09-10-2003, 02:05 AM
44mag
Advanced

GEEZ why does every one want to see my mangled 44, I guess I would too (if it wasn't mine).... Yeah I'll post them as soon as I visit my car in the yard
Old 09-10-2003, 02:08 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Her insurance should go way up. Especially because she hit a porsche.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:14 AM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by 44mag
GEEZ why does every one want to see my mangled 44, I guess I would too (if it wasn't mine).... Yeah I'll post them as soon as I visit my car in the yard

Old 09-10-2003, 02:15 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by zehnd

You sick person :P :P :P
Old 09-10-2003, 10:53 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by K27
really sorry to hear about your accident, just happy no one was hurt, cars can be replaced though.
After having seen a big rig run a light right accross my path a long time ago, now I always look both ways and never jump off the line when the light goes green, you just never know.
The red light runners are a real sore point to me, cause it pisses me off that all I ever see the cops doing is dishing out tickets to marginal speeders on the highways, and yet the infractions that cause the most crashes are hardly ever prosecuted.

Lance
You didnt always do the left-center-right?!?! Oi....

Im **** about doing that, even at loser little stop signs in the middle of nowhere.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by theedge
You didnt always do the left-center-right?!?! Oi....

Im **** about doing that, even at loser little stop signs in the middle of nowhere.
I never enter an intersection without looking. But then I live in the redlight-running death leader of the US: Phoenix.

Quick Reply: She ran a Red Light