Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wonderful morning

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 126 Posts

use a long socket extension bar to turn the jack..The aluminum handle is soft and will break...Don't ask me how I know..
Old 02-06-2016, 10:03 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiger03447
use a long socket extension bar to turn the jack..The aluminum handle is soft and will break...Don't ask me how I know..
Good to know thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:57 PM
jhowell371
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry to hear that. My old Grandfather (1901-1981) told me this about people "there are more horse's asses out there than the there are horses. I love the redneck engineering "Portapower", remember genius is it's own reward Good luck with repairs.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:04 AM
jr10cross
Racer

Originally Posted by jhowell371
Sorry to hear that. My old Grandfather (1901-1981) told me this about people "there are more horse's asses out there than the there are horses. I love the redneck engineering "Portapower", remember genius is it's own reward Good luck with repairs.
LOLOLOLOL thanks man! I just look up a Portapower, I have never heard of them. They look really cool
Old 02-08-2016, 09:20 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

use some wood under the other side of the jack as well, or you'll bend the metal.
sorry to hear this...some really un-educated people driving in your area it appears.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:28 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Originally Posted by morghen
use some wood under the other side of the jack as well, or you'll bend the metal.
sorry to hear this...some really un-educated people driving in your area it appears.
I'm moving very soon anyway so hopefully this wont happen again.

Yeah man the medal is really high grade in my book. Everything bumped out and using moderate hammer taps really works well. The metal is strong and responsive, I love it.

Does anyone have experience with the polyurethane front spoiler? I bought a replacement used front, but the middle is bowed out. It seems to be a little warped so I'm think of trying to apply heat to get it to return to shape. Maybe use a heat gun, set it back into shape, and let it cool down that way. Any other suggestions?

Thanks guys!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

WTF! Stupidity has no bounds. That f-er would have a lot of damage to his grand prize monster truck had I witnessed this.

Regarding the nose piece - I would be surprised if heating it will not permanently distort it. I should have a spare nose off Penelope if you're interested. I offer that one because it is red. Let me know if you're interested. I'm not too far from Howell.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:55 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
WTF! Stupidity has no bounds. That f-er would have a lot of damage to his grand prize monster truck had I witnessed this.

Regarding the nose piece - I would be surprised if heating it will not permanently distort it. I should have a spare nose off Penelope if you're interested. I offer that one because it is red. Let me know if you're interested. I'm not too far from Howell.

LOL you sure aren't. Well, I'll try my science project if it goes horribly wrong I'll definitely hit you up!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:45 AM
Karl_W944
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Holy geez!! The nerve of some people. At least you and the car aren't too badly damaged to get back on the road soon!!

I was thinking about using heat on my slightly deformed front spoiler but never got around to trying it out. If you need a spare hand in trying it out, let me know.

Hopefully when you move, you're not to far away from from the rest of us SE Michigan 944 owners!
Old 02-10-2016, 07:20 AM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about that and this sort of thing pisses me off.

It's also why I have a dashcam hardwired into every car we own. After some jackwagon hit my wife head on, leaving her permanently disabled and then weaseling out of it because there were no witnesses, I figured we needed to do that. It may or may not have helped in this case but it's always nice to know that something else is gathering information, leaving you to focus on driving/recovering/saying "Oh ****!"

Good luck with the repairs and I hope the other guy gets his nuts run over by the karma bus!

BB.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BeerBurner

It's also why I have a dashcam hardwired into every car we own. After some jackwagon hit my wife head on, leaving her permanently disabled and then weaseling out of it because there were no witnesses, I figured we needed to do that. It may or may not have helped in this case but it's always nice to know that something else is gathering information, leaving you to focus on driving/recovering/saying "Oh ****!"

Good luck with the repairs and I hope the other guy gets his nuts run over by the karma bus!

BB.
What ^^^^he said...I'm really sorry to hear this, it makes me generally hate people more than I already do. I've never trusted anyone around my 944s, now I will trust them less.

Good on you for getting back up and working to get her back in shape...if there are any small pieces you need let me know, I probably have some things you could have for the cost of shipping.

Good luck, glad to see you aren't letting her die.
Ethan
Old 02-10-2016, 05:00 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Originally Posted by Karl_W944
Holy geez!! The nerve of some people. At least you and the car aren't too badly damaged to get back on the road soon!!

I was thinking about using heat on my slightly deformed front spoiler but never got around to trying it out. If you need a spare hand in trying it out, let me know.

Hopefully when you move, you're not to far away from from the rest of us SE Michigan 944 owners!
I'll take you up on it if it doesn't go as easily as I think. lol yep man I'm moving that way for sure! Still looking around but somewhere around Canton.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:04 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Originally Posted by BeerBurner

BB.
Sorry to hear about what happened to your wife, man that sucks. It's part of the reason I'm moving too. I don't like my wife on all the 2 lane/ oncoming traffic roads. Funny thing is I was just in Walmart 2 days prior, looking at dashcams, but I thought I wanted something that could record video a little better like a goPro. But Tis Life.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:09 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Originally Posted by lovemyp-car
What ^^^^he said...I'm really sorry to hear this, it makes me generally hate people more than I already do. I've never trusted anyone around my 944s, now I will trust them less.

Good on you for getting back up and working to get her back in shape...if there are any small pieces you need let me know, I probably have some things you could have for the cost of shipping.

Good luck, glad to see you aren't letting her die.
Ethan
Thanks Bro. Nope I go through garage everyday so I:, eat, play with kid, kiss wife, get back down there and WORK. lol I already bought just about everything but I still need an outer passenger headlight Pivot. If you have one let me know. Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2016, 05:48 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jr10cross
Sorry to hear about what happened to your wife, man that sucks. It's part of the reason I'm moving too. I don't like my wife on all the 2 lane/ oncoming traffic roads. Funny thing is I was just in Walmart 2 days prior, looking at dashcams, but I thought I wanted something that could record video a little better like a goPro. But Tis Life.
Thanks, and yeah, it sucks. But hey, she gets the good parking spots so there's that.

Anyway, I think most cameras these days have good enough resolution that you should be good to go. I have ours set to the second lowest resolution (to maximize recording time since our cheap ones don't overwright) and they're certainly good enough to show the other car but won't get the tag information unless the car is right in front. Bigger memory cards and higher resolution could solve that problem.

One issue on my 944 is that the wiring screwed with the reception on my windshield-mounted radio antenna so I ended up putting a roof-mounted antenna. I'd say it was annoying but I was meaning to do that anyway so it all worked out.

BB.

Quick Reply: My wonderful morning