Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

German Auto Dismantlers (Formerly PAP) -Are they reputable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 02:05 PM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts
Default German Auto Dismantlers (Formerly PAP) -Are they reputable?

Has anyone dealt with these guys? Are they reputable?? I'm thinking of purchasing some wheels from them... Thanks for your response!!

-CKKrause
Old 11-18-2003, 02:13 PM
wwboater
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are reputable. They have been around for a very long time. There cust service is kinda on the rough side but they seam to be nice people. Plus they are only 60 mins away from my office.

Craig
Old 11-18-2003, 02:38 PM
97xray
Burning Brakes

I've had good luck with PAP in the past. Good price on OEM motor mounts. Can't comment on customer service; haven't spoken to anyone before - just gave them my money and received the parts.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:39 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had a bad experience with them when they shipped an incorrect part. When I returned tha part, it took me 3 months to get my money back. That too, after I was told I was the a$$hole who ordered the part incorrectly and this was the owner speaking to me. Buyer beware.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
led
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I've heard nothing good from them...
Old 11-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything I have ever seen from them was also very overpriced.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

This post has the FIRST positive comments I've seen about them (in LOTS and LOTS of posts on here) in the past year and a few months. They've changed their ebay name several times to escape bad/negative feedback and it's my understanding that they've done the same with their business name to avoid bad information registered with the Better Business Bureau. If you buy something through them, use a credit card that you don't mind disputing the transaction with (and who'll back you up), just incase you need it.

Personally, I skip any postings/ads from them because I just don't want to find otu for myself. There are to many other reputable businesses out there to bother wasting my time with them (even if I am only about 90 miles away).
Old 11-18-2003, 05:06 PM
stolarzj
Burning Brakes

Not Reputable.
Old 11-18-2003, 05:52 PM
tod84944
Drifting

I have been hanging out here for little over a year, and have heard bad things about them in the past. They use to be called PAP, or something along those lines. Do a search and you will pull up a bunch of nasty threads about them
Old 11-18-2003, 06:10 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,186 Posts

I love being different.

I'd order from them again, in fact, I have!

The shortblock from my 944S came from them. 100% perfect shape as described to me over the phone. They made a mistake and charged too much for shipping. My CC was credited back within the week.

Call every Porsche Dismatler in the country and see how many of them will sell a 2.5 16 Valve short block with a 90 day warranty with $900.00 - shipped. For those that don't know what a shortblock is, its everything except the head.

I'll agree that their customer service isn't the best. They don't call back right away but usually within a day or two.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:11 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent had dealings with them until yesterday. Its a big mess why i am recieve this part from them, but basically UPS destroyed a box with a 924 vented nose that was being shipped to me...so the seller contacted these guys last week and purchased one for me to be shipped directly from them to me. So yesterday i was curious to get a tracking number and make sure this thing was actually ordered and being shipped. I called and talked to some guy, and i ask if its been shipped yet, he says no it hasnt, but he remembers seeing the order around, i asked when it would be shipped and he mumbled something about needing time to make sure he got a good one for me...I am still not sure what that meant. I told him id call back later in the week i got so frustrated at that point...
The order was placed last thursday and it still has not been shipped. I doubt i would ever personally buy anything direct from them. Their customer service seems very shaddy and not really informative...
Goodluck!
Erich
Old 11-18-2003, 09:19 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

I heard bad things and they have changed there ebay user ID few times so far. I will never buy anything from them since I heard the stories about that I will not even take a chance even if the price sounds good.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:23 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hmmmmm........

Click on "sponsors" above. You see GAD/PAP? Nope. You did for about 4 years. If a current situation changes - I'll post a retraction, but in the meantime - this comment is what it is. "No."

When you talk to Joe - tell him about this post. He'll know why. I only want the the best for Rennlist Members - and when a Sponsor delivers the best, I'm impressed. When they don't - they are gone.

It really is that easy.....

- John D.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

John, very well put. Thank you for protecting us. My experience with Joe left a lot to be desired, especially from a guy who should believe in customer satisfaction. He started calling me names and such and told me he did not need my business. He will never get my business.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

I'm siding with the bunch that's had bad experiences as I’ve had

their customer service stinks

they refuse to refund your core deposit…

no matter how many times you ask or plead or beg…you are ignored

don’t take chances…unless you have too much money, which they assume you do !

'bout time they change their name again I guess !

Quick Reply: German Auto Dismantlers (Formerly PAP) -Are they reputable?