Sponsored by:

Europipe for GT3

Old 12-10-2003, 05:32 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Europipe for GT3

http://www.europipe.be/1024.html

What are the implications of 100 cell cats for US GT3's...any O2 problems that would set off check engine light??? Dyno looks good. Are the sensors on the cats different for US models vs. Euro model. The sound is great w/ 12 hp gain. Great resonant sound....Check out the video on their site...

Last edited by rockitman; 09-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:56 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm semi-interested in this system. It looks/sounds a lot like the Cargraphic system except the finish quality looks better on the Cargraphic (or at least they are shinier). I figured I'd wait until things got tested out a little bit on the newer cars. I'd like to see some dyno reports on the Cargraphic system as well. Either way - that's a huge chunk of change though.

I believe the Fabspeed GT3 system is similar to these as well. Pretty impressive HP claims on their part though but it includes the headers too and is $6k.

http://www.fabspeed.com/catbypass.html

I don't know much about europipe either...
Old 12-10-2003, 05:57 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 871 Likes on 529 Posts

Looks nice but I'm always a little skeptical of the horsepower claims, etc. I'v always heard from people I trust, like Bruce Anderson, that Porsche does a pretty good job themselves on the exhaust system. Have heard some systems actually hurt performance...
Old 12-10-2003, 08:21 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by skl
Looks nice but I'm always a little skeptical of the horsepower claims, etc. I'v always heard from people I trust, like Bruce Anderson, that Porsche does a pretty good job themselves on the exhaust system. Have heard some systems actually hurt performance...
What about the dyno results shown on their site??? Europipe compared to stock clearly shows a 12 hp gain w/ the 100 cell cats. Cargraphic indicates that they only provide 200 cell cats for their rig in the US to be OBD2 compliant...They just don't seem to be able to provide dyno info or sound clips, so you buy the rig on faith. The euro sounds great, but it's 100 cell cats and I am wondering if it will trip the O2 sensor's and set off the Ck engine lite...

Decisions Decisions...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:04 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try it out and let me know.. I doubt 25HP is possible from Fabspeed, but 12 is more believable. I'll do it if you do it!
Old 12-10-2003, 09:09 PM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

I had a set of 100 cell cats from FVD on my 996 for a little while. I had two problems:

1) The cats were only drilled and tapped for one O2 sensor per cat, US cars require two. When I called FVD they were aware of the problem and sent me a fitting but I had to take it and have a shop drill and weld it on at my cost.

2) Running the car on the track quickly burned out the cats and threw a CEL. When I removed the cats and looked inside, the guts were almost totally gone. I'm not sure if the same problem would have occurred with just street use but watch out if you plan to do any track work. This kind of stuff usually doesn't come with any warranty.

Karl
Old 12-10-2003, 09:10 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

No one likes to be the pioneer. I will need to get cargraphics story w/performance and sound evidence before deciding between the two. 100 cell cats may be a problem if they are not OBD2 compliant...I will keep you posted...It sux getting such conflicting opinions....

Trending Topics

Old 12-10-2003, 09:19 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Karl S
I had a set of 100 cell cats from FVD on my 996 for a little while. I had two problems:

1) The cats were only drilled and tapped for one O2 sensor per cat, US cars require two. When I called FVD they were aware of the problem and sent me a fitting but I had to take it and have a shop drill and weld it on at my cost.

2) Running the car on the track quickly burned out the cats and threw a CEL. When I removed the cats and looked inside, the guts were almost totally gone. I'm not sure if the same problem would have occurred with just street use but watch out if you plan to do any track work. This kind of stuff usually doesn't come with any warranty.

Karl
Thanks for chiming in. By the looks of the image showing the cats in the pic disassembled, there appears to be two taps per cat for the sensors. One before the cat and once right after it. But 100 cell, as you outline can be questionable from a long term reliability standpoint....Hmmmmmm
Old 12-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the EP exhaust on a 996TT -- over 10k miles -- fit and sound were great and no "check engine light" problems. Steff at EP is very responsive, professional and stands behind his products.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I would believe that headers and exhaust plus cats could make 25 HP,
if you think a exhaust plus cats would give you 12 hp i can see the headers being good for 12 more plus they should help with power threw the curve.
As far as burning out the cats you may find that changing exhaust will change the air fuel mix and it may lean out and melt the cats, computer tuning might be needed, another thing to look at is fuel quality.
Hope this helps
I am new to this forum, i currently have a LPE 383 Z06 which i have up for sale and i am very interested in the GT3 for my next car, so i am just following the threads.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:17 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wanna know what I think about all these "upgrades"?, biased I know.

Spend the extra money on "driver's education" and learn to enjoy, with confidence, everything that is already there (and if you're good enough to do that)..then when you're ready..buy a cup car and learn how to drive it even faster.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Colm, I hear they've put ceramic brakes on the ZO6's at Bragg-Smith just for us.

See you there -- should be a blast.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:37 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

Good point Colm - but we all will still want to know which pipe actually works and lives up to its claims. I am taking your advice on learning more skills, but more power is always appealing if for nothing more than curiosity.

Adam
Old 12-11-2003, 05:42 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Colm
Wanna know what I think about all these "upgrades"?, biased I know.

Spend the extra money on "driver's education" and learn to enjoy, with confidence, everything that is already there (and if you're good enough to do that)..then when you're ready..buy a cup car and learn how to drive it even faster.
Point well taken Colm!!! I will be doing the 2 day PDE at Skip Barber in Birmingham this Spring. It will only enhance the perfomance of the europipe that I'm about to get...
Old 12-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts

yeah,
how do corvettes stop w/o PCCB?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Europipe for GT3