944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

back into the fray...new '87 944S

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 09:52 AM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Default back into the fray...new '87 944S

My first Porsche (and really the first car that got me "into cars") was a 1989 2.7L. I bought its "replacement" 996 in 2009 and sold that 944 in 2010 to John Torgersen and the engine went on to his race car and I think he ended up re-powering it and to the best of my knowledge he still has it.

A local friend of mine had this 1987 944S that the Guards Red paint was pretty much destroyed so he decided to wrap the car with the VANS livery you see here (sorry about potato cam pic). He never got around to reassembling the mirrors, bumpers etc.

Long story short, he had to thin the herd some so I showed up with my trailer and some cash and now it's mine. It runs and drives (and has functioning a/c) but naturally has some oil leaks I need to fix.

It is a well-optioned car with 5-speed manual, LSD and konis. The PO fit some Sparco seats and wheel (not my favorite but plenty nice).

I'm not sure if any of the crowd I used to talk to back in the 2000's is still on here, but this forum is where I learned everything about 944s so I figured I would drop back in. My plan for the car is to fix the oil leaks, give it a good deep cleaning, reassemble everything, and then maybe do some more light modifications like coilovers before selling it.

The following users liked this post:
voodu3 (07-17-2021)

Quick Reply: back into the fray...new '87 944S