Hoop Spoiler for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 04:42 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoop Spoiler for sale

Hoop Spoiler for sale - $300 plus shipping
I was in my attic today and was reminded I still have a few 944 Turbo parts I never used...
I forget where I got this (not OEM). I remember doing the research and thought this was the next best thing to OEM just never got to installing or figuring out how to install.
spoiler plus middle piece and two side pieces. came primed as seen.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:12 PM
Brian Smith
Intermediate

does the center piece have the 3rd brake light or no 3rd brake light? Do you have the hardware that would have come with it by chance, a lot of the aftermarket kits come with the hardware? also can you check on shipping to PA 17078 please?

thanks,

Brian
Old 01-30-2020, 06:40 AM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian Smith
does the center piece have the 3rd brake light or no 3rd brake light? Do you have the hardware that would have come with it by chance, a lot of the aftermarket kits come with the hardware? also can you check on shipping to PA 17078 please?

thanks,

Brian
Brian,

No center light, no hardware. I'm in Jersey so shipping should be about $35 but I will confirm if still interested.

Kurt
Old 02-01-2020, 05:39 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Bump.
Make an offer.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:17 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by teamcrossworks
I forget where I got this (not OEM). I remember doing the research and thought this was the next best thing to OEM just never got to installing or figuring out how to install.
spoiler plus middle piece and two side pieces. came primed as seen.

Looks a lot like a CPR piece. CPR was a Rennlist poster that had these made for a few of us. I have two of his spoilers unused in my garage.
Old 02-02-2020, 04:25 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
Looks a lot like a CPR piece. CPR was a Rennlist poster that had these made for a few of us. I have two of his spoilers unused in my garage.
I think you are correct... Thanks.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:30 PM
Chapman951
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Great fitting and looking spoiler to the lucky buyer. Take your time lining everything up and you will be happy with the results.

I had one on my previous 951. Looks fantastic with the addition of a euro or fiberglass rear bumper.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Brian Smith
Intermediate

I'm seriously considering.

Anyone have personal install experience?

Believe I read that it was recommended you 3M tape the side pieces down? Anything else differ from stock?

Brian
Old 02-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Chapman951
Pro

Originally Posted by Brian Smith
I'm seriously considering.

Anyone have personal install experience?

Believe I read that it was recommended you 3M tape the side pieces down? Anything else differ from stock?

Brian

In the picture below, I used that style of nut and bolt near the top of the side trim pieces to secure them down. Worked great.

In the picture below, I used this style of wall anchors to attach the lower side trim and also the bottom trim piece securely to the car.

forgot how I attached the spoiler piece. Think it was wall anchors too. Better pictures may jog my memory.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:47 PM
Chapman951
Pro

I made a funnel shape hole (picture below) into the upper side trim pieces to secure them down. There is not enough fiberglass to use wall anchors.

Old 02-03-2020, 06:42 AM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chapman951
Great fitting and looking spoiler to the lucky buyer. Take your time lining everything up and you will be happy with the results.

I had one on my previous 951. Looks fantastic with the addition of a euro or fiberglass rear bumper.

Thank you for the input. That was the exact look I was looking for. Looks Great IMHO.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:52 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

I had this same exact spoiler and i got it from Curt that was on here a few years ago. I used speed nuts to fasten it with holes I drilled into the spoiler through the factory holes in the hatch. The side pieces are supposed to be permanently adhered to the glass using a 3M adhesive. For that part I decided to use 3M double sided tape instead and it held perfectly fine. My spoiler over a few years did show some cracking from the shock of shutting the back hatch and I'm sure road vibration. Honestly it's a great spoiler and the price is good. My advise is use some rubber insulation where you can to reduce the stress from vibrations from the road and hatch (especially where it presses against the glass.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:56 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Not the best pics but some of my old car with the spoiler on. I painted mine all black using vht epoxy black spray paint found at any auto part store, just sanded it really good first.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:45 AM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
I had this same exact spoiler and i got it from Curt that was on here a few years ago. I used speed nuts to fasten it with holes I drilled into the spoiler through the factory holes in the hatch. The side pieces are supposed to be permanently adhered to the glass using a 3M adhesive. For that part I decided to use 3M double sided tape instead and it held perfectly fine. My spoiler over a few years did show some cracking from the shock of shutting the back hatch and I'm sure road vibration. Honestly it's a great spoiler and the price is good. My advise is use some rubber insulation where you can to reduce the stress from vibrations from the road and hatch (especially where it presses against the glass.
Thank you for the input and I hope all is well.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:31 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Bump

Still have the Hoop Spoiler, Fly wheel lock, stock downpipe, fuel lines, shift **** but don't have car so...

make an offer if interested...

Update: I was told to state asking prices (sorry) so I am but any reasonable offer will likely be taken. Thank you.

Hoop Spoiler - $300
Fly wheel lock - $40
Fuel lines - $50
Stock Downpipe - $25
Shift **** - $20
Power steering reservoir with cap (new) - $20

Last edited by teamcrossworks; 05-26-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Hoop Spoiler for sale