Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse Stage 2 kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 12:47 PM
notnilc20
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MM951
I've been super busy but I plan on being at the garage tomorrow morning and I'll shoot you some pictures. My recollection is you plug the MAF adapter harness into the AFM plug, source 12v from the cycling valve connector, and find a good ground. Thats all for the MAF.

I don't think you'll need the piggyback - it is incredibly close right out of the box and in 14 years and 180K miles I haven't felt the need to adjust anything. Perfect AFRs, idle, etc.
Oh I was under the impression I needed the piggyback to run it at all. It does have the stg2 turbo that is a mystery turbo because there's no info on it online. Also, I have larger injectors that came with as well (both have yet to be installed) But yeah, the MAF just plugs into the afm plug and there is a 12v power for it. So i can run with just that?

Last edited by notnilc20; 04-21-2022 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:42 PM
Doyle623
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

To the OP, I'm sorry if I'm missing it, but I didn't see above where you stated the chip you are planning to use with this set-up. This older SMT is mostly for "massaging" the signal to add/remove fuel from the baseline of the chip mapping (which should be mapped for the specific turbo/injectors/MAF).
The following users liked this post:
mwc951 (04-21-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 01:49 PM
notnilc20
Intermediate

Originally Posted by motoxxxdeamon
To the OP, I'm sorry if I'm missing it, but I didn't see above where you stated the chip you are planning to use with this set-up. This older SMT is mostly for "massaging" the signal to add/remove fuel from the baseline of the chip mapping (which should be mapped for the specific turbo/injectors/MAF).
Ok, you didn't miss anything because I didnt receive any chip with the kit. I currently have an autothority chip that's been in the car from way before I bought it. More headaches?
Old 04-21-2022, 02:01 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Oof - you're definitely going to need a chip from Vitesse - thats where all the magic happens
The following users liked this post:
mtnman82 (04-21-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 02:30 PM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

OH MY!!
Sell what you've got, if you can and get the current MAF, MAP & chipboard with V-MAF+ from John. A/F should be very close - if everything else is tight & right with your engine, so the decision of a PB will be easier. You also have the option of M Tune, but I've always supported Vitesse products & technology.
You may have saved $$ by purchasing a pre owned kit (less the chip board so it's really not a "kit"), but it will cost more in the long run. Especially with no documentation & support.
Spend some time reading this forum, searching, etc.
The info on MAF kits and what you're trying to accomplish is all out here.

Last edited by mwc951; 04-21-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:34 PM
notnilc20
Intermediate

Originally Posted by motoxxxdeamon
Oof - you're definitely going to need a chip from Vitesse - thats where all the magic happens
Originally Posted by mwc951
OH MY!!
Sell what you've got, if you can and get the current MAF, MAP & chipboard with V-MAF+ from John. A/F should be very close - if everything else is tight & right with your engine, so the decision of a PB will be easier. You also have the option of M Tune, but I've always supported Vitesse products & technology.
You may have saved $$ by purchasing a pre owned kit (less the chip board so it's really not a "kit"), but it will cost more in the long run. Especially with no documentation & support.
Spend some time reading this forum, searching, etc.
The info on MAF kits and what you're trying to accomplish is all out here.
Ok. The seller is going to send me the vitesse MAF chip. I should be good after that correct? Minus the piggyback which I can keep trying to figure out.
Old 04-21-2022, 04:48 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

After you get the chip installed you will be good to go just plug in the adapter harness from AFM plug to MAF sensor, give it power and ground and forget all about the piggyback. If the car doesn't run right something else is likely wrong (vac leak, improperly adjusted idle, bad FPR etc) so make sure you have a good strong baseline - then enjoy!

Last edited by MM951; 04-21-2022 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 05:01 PM
notnilc20
Intermediate

After you get the chip installed you will be good to go just plug in the adapter harness from AFM plug to MAF sensor, give it power and ground and forget all about the piggyback. If the car doesn't run right something else is likely wrong (vac leak, improperly adjusted idle, bad FPR etc) so make sure you have a good strong baseline - then enjoy!
Thanks for the advice! Looking forward to getting this all sorted.

Last edited by notnilc20; 04-21-2022 at 05:03 PM. Reason: picture
Old 04-21-2022, 11:41 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow, this setup is still functioning. It's 19-20 years old!

A very early setup! You must use all of the components together for it to work properly: MAF, injectors, FPR, and PiggyBack.
Change any component and it will not work.
​​​​
Things have changed greatly since.

​​​​​​

​​​​​
Old 04-22-2022, 12:54 AM
notnilc20
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fast951
Wow, this setup is still functioning. It's 19-20 years old!

A very early setup! You must use all of the components together for it to work properly: MAF, injectors, FPR, and PiggyBack.
Change any component and it will not work.
​​​​
Things have changed greatly since.

​​​​​
If I can't get the piggyback hooked up right away will I still be able to run the car?? because I still need to figure out the black/wht wire
green/yellow wire and
green wire..

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Stage 2 kit