Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Best MAF kit on the market

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 03:59 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by blade7
I read years ago that most of the gains from a MAF kit, come from removing the flap in the AFM, and the restrictive standard air intake. And Ford were using MAP on the Sierra Cosworth nearly 40 years ago.
An interesting fact is the restriction in the Bosch AFM is not from the flap itself (which has a minimal pressure drop at any given position according to Bosch data, cannot find it now, will update this post if I can), but from the cross-section of the rectangular slot necessary for AFM operation. If one can open up the intake path to the full 3" circular orifice, that is obviously an advantage.

The factory 951 airbox also becomes a restriction at a certain level of engine output. I currently run this to meet California visual emissions test standards, but would love to incorporate a freer-flowing cold air intake system, and even have a TMAP sensor to install with idea of assessing how important ambient air intake temperature (IAT) is with turbocharged applications. But, shoemaker with no shoes, not much time for my projects!
The following users liked this post:
blade7 (06-04-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 10:16 AM
Toolbelt0
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anybody tried the Megasquirt on a turbo platform? Seems as if, it can work because of the map input. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-megasqui...hoCxS0QAvD_BwE
Old 06-22-2023, 07:25 PM
moalaska
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Penguinracer
The economics of Standalone make sense if you're either planning to make further mods in future or if your DME / KLR fails & you don't fancy rolling the the dice on a salvage unit.
Standalone with MAP is a proper fix, I've always felt MAF is a Band-Aid solution:

https://www.hpacademy.com/technical-...ssure-sensors/
I've had both a vitesse maf kit and now running standalone. Both are good options, depending on what your plans are for the car. I would lean towards vitesse if you are wanting a little more oomph out of your car. If you want the ability to put whatever coils, throttle position sensors on etc and be and to tune more aspects of your car, then there are some pretty good stand alone options that are mostly ironed out and mostly plug and play.

Quick Reply: Best MAF kit on the market