Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Engine mount recommendations 951

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 01:20 PM
Stj951
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine mount recommendations 951

Hi All, I need new engine mounts on my slightly modded 951. I’m looking at the Rennline tunable mounts. Any recommendations on these mounts or any others? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:12 PM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

I know they are quite expensive, but Genuine Porsche only (unless someone knows the current OEM, it used to be Corteco ~10 years ago).

I would stay away from any sort of stiffer aftermarket mounts unless it is a track-only car. My 951 is pretty much track-spec suspension-wise, but I stick to the Genuine mounts because it still gets used on the street, and I've had issues with the various aftermarket brands failing/collapsing within a year. Cracked oil pickup tubes and fuel rails are often a result of bad or sub-optimal 944 engine mounts (in addition to the balance shafts being mis-timed, etc).

Fill the voids of your factory transmission mount with 3M urethane windshield adhesive (the type that uses a caulking gun), it makes an amazing difference in shift quality for not much money or effort.

Last edited by Droops83; 03-02-2024 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:19 PM
Stj951
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Droops83
I know they are quite expensive, but Genuine Porsche only (unless someone knows the current OEM, it used to be Corteco ~10 years ago).

I would stay away from any sort of stiffer aftermarket mounts unless it is a track-only car. My 951 is pretty much track-spec suspension-wise, but I stick to the Genuine mounts because it still gets used on the street, and I've had issues with the various aftermarket brands failing/collapsing within a year. Cracked oil pickup tubes and fuel rails are often a result of bad or sub-optimal 944 engine mounts (in addition to the balance shafts being mis-timed, etc).

Fill the voids of your factory transmission mount with 3M urethane windshield adhesive (the type that uses a caulking gun), it makes an amazing difference in shift quality for not much money or effort.
Ok great info. I’ll keep that all in mind and keep you posted on my choice. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:39 PM
944M3
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I tried cheap aftermarket rubber mounts and they split within a year. Plus the vibration sucked.

I did a lot of reading on fluid filled or hydraulic oem mounts. Turned out there was a lot of science/engineering behind hydraulic mounts. Made me feel better about spending big bucks on them.

https://transgold.com.au/hydraulic-engine-mount-work/

Definitely not cheap, but if you care about vibration OEM is the only way to go. Track car is another story, I have a pair of Lindsey gold mounts I want to sell if you’re interested.
The following users liked this post:
Stj951 (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 01:20 PM
Stj951
3rd Gear

I’m leaning towards the OEM mounts as of now. But I appreciate the offer. I will keep that in mind if u go that route. Thank you

Quick Reply: Engine mount recommendations 951