Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Re-Spray

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Spray

Hey everyone back from a little bit of a hietas. I have entered importfest which for those who dont know is an auto-show in Toronto which will be going from 11am to 12pm or later on October 22nd. I am thinking of painting my car jet black and getting some other minor touch-ups done. I am wondering if any you guys around waterloo or toronto can reccomend a good paint shop? Also i think i need a new crank my oil pressure after the car warms up, is sitting exactly at 2. Is it not suppose to be at 3.5 when the car is idling and warmed up?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:34 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"thinking of painting my car jet black and getting some other minor touch-ups done", and your worried about oil pressure?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:37 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It depends on the oil viscosity, temperature, etc. I've seen mine be anywhere from 0.5 bar to 5 bar at idle given various combinations of conditions. However assuming a "normal" viscosity (10-40 or thereabouts) and a hot engine I'd say 2.5 bar at idle is nothing to lose sleep over. Some oil experts can chime in here.

>0 = good. 0=bad.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Porsche951redt
Racer

Hrm well I will leave it as it is without worrying much about it for now any ways. Any one have suggestions on a good paint shop guys?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:55 AM
R.B.
Instructor

It depends how much you want to spend. Mitek is at the top of the list and Maaco at the other end. Where do you want to be? Middle of the road, I have had pretty good luck with Royal Autobody.

-R.B.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:01 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by Porsche951redt
Hey everyone back from a little bit of a hietas. I have entered importfest which for those who dont know is an auto-show in Toronto which will be going from 11am to 12pm or later on October 22nd. I am thinking of painting my car jet black and getting some other minor touch-ups done. I am wondering if any you guys around waterloo or toronto can reccomend a good paint shop? Also i think i need a new crank my oil pressure after the car warms up, is sitting exactly at 2. Is it not suppose to be at 3.5 when the car is idling and warmed up?

I thought you had a pretty unique color with a unique body kit...why would you want to mess with that??
Then not doing the engine bay.....etc...

Unless you are going to tie in your original paint scheme with the black.....cool racing stripes......
Old 09-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Impera Body and Paint Shop on Kennedy RD south of Ellismere Rd in Scarborough.

He repaired my 99 outback after an accident .... looks just like new!! I have sent a few friends there and they are amazed at the paint work. He does everything from Ferraris on down ... owners name is Richard.

416-755-2772
1251 Kennedy Road,
Scarborough, ON M1P 2L4
Old 09-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Porsche951redt
Racer

That sounds like a good option. R.B Had a point i am not willing to pay for a top dollar paint job, yet i dont want it to be shiesty as well. Also i want to get rid of my ugly front splitter, it is a flimsy peice of fiberclass and replace it with another one. So i would be getting the front replaced and getting a paintjob.

Quick Reply: Re-Spray