Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Megasquirt 2 Success and fueling with stock wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 AM
DanG
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a lot of good info gathered on Dark Lighting's webspace, but he ran into a bunch of issues with the hosting company and it looks like the info is now lost. I just registered www.evilengineering.com a month or so ago, and have been meaning to gather some of this info back together.

I'll definitely keep everyone posted, and please contact me if you have info to contribute.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 AM
genderen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Justin,

Just noticed your topic on here. Perhaps you can help me out. I'm I correct by saying you have used the orginal sensor which measures 132 teeth? I got an audi 5 cyl. wich uses 135 teeth fromt the starter gear and one sensor which measures 62 degrees before tdc. I'm not sure if a megasquirt can deal with these values from the orginal sensors?

Thanks,

Patrick
Old 03-06-2011, 02:08 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey Patrick, I had trouble with the signal over 3000 RPM with the toothed wheel. I ended up just using the stock ignition and using the tach signal for fueling. Though, I think someone else had solved the higher rev issue. Have a look through the msefi.com forums and see if any of the new gizmos can do this for you.

I think MS3 has come out since I last worked on this and should be able to handle high tooth counts no problem.

Also as an update: The MS2 (fueling) system in the 951 is still working day in day out at the track, and street driving.

Justin

Quick Reply: Megasquirt 2 Success and fueling with stock wiring