anyone know this ebay 951 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:46 AM
odie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know this ebay 951 ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

this is the third time this car has been up for sale in the past month or two. Both other times the auction had a winner but it still seems no one is actually buying the car. The two previous sales were for about $4200 and $3800.

I asked the seller some questions but never gotten a response. The last "winner" told me he didn't buy it for "personal" reasons but didn't elaborate.

The car looks OK. why is it just not getting sold?

I probably should not be looking at another 944 anyway. My 16V is 3 feet in the air and getting ready to drop it's mill.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:23 PM
odie
Instructor

comments????
Old 07-02-2006, 12:33 PM
mcuozzo
Instructor

odie,

I'm no 951 expert (I have 933) but I think the oil leak and mileage discrepancy is scaring people off. You can find other 951's between 8.5-10k, that don't have these issues. Buying a 951 with these problems for $4K is a gamble. If it doesn't need major work it'll pay off. If the seal issue or timing belt\water pump needs work your $4k easily turns into $6-7k. Then the theory goes if those items were neglected, what else was neglected. Most people would rather but a 9K car with known history for things like timing belt\water pump replacement and a true indication of mileage.

Just my 2 cents.

Matt
Old 07-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if something like that sold but didn't get delivered and then came back up for sale, then usually, the seller had a friend bid up the car with hopes of someone having "auction fever" and topping the last bid.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:41 PM
SchnellerUmsetzer
Drifting

It has a After market boost gauge. Why? Somebody has been driving the **** out of it. Which for a 951 owner that it not abnormal.
Ask him why the car has a aftermarket boost gauge?
Howerver, I would be there are a few other quirks with the car than that. Seals belts and rollers that is about $500 fix it a Dealership!

Fix the odometer
$25 at Rennbay or Vertexauto

pre offset
Sport Seats
Dash board cover is there to cover the crack (I bet) Normal!

I bought my off Ebay for $5200 it needed seals and rollers too!
But I went through that car top to bottom
m030
lSD Tranny
drilled rotors + SS DOT Rated lines
ect......
Old 07-02-2006, 02:39 PM
odie
Instructor

I looked at the bidders list for the lat two auctions. I didn't see anything suspisious. Yes, there are some issues. Oil leak, odometer thing, why was it painted and how good was the paint job, looks to be a dark brown interior not my favorite, not a very detail listing,
Old 07-02-2006, 07:25 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That color combination had to have been originally thought by the guys at Porsche one day after a long and thirst quenching lunch at the local pub. Nasty interior. Just an eyesore of a color combination.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:14 PM
odie
Instructor

it sold again. this time for $3300. each time it sells for less and less.

I agree, the color is kinda off. I kinda like the burgundy paint but the interior is not the best color. But you can change that out. re-dye carpets and new seat covers, change panels, etc as you have time and such.

The previous high bidders emailed and seemed to think the seller was an ok guy. but for what ever reason they didn't really say, they just never went to pick up the car and buy it.

real strange.

The seller didn't even bother to respond to m questions. Mainly why the car didn't sell last time and if a ride from the closest airport was possible. I just decided not to bother if the seller couldn't bother to reply.

Shame, the car could have sold for more...

Quick Reply: anyone know this ebay 951 ?