Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys-

Important!
1. I bought 100 chassis-mount cable ties to include w/the kits- thought they were like the factory type- not sure what to call them, but they're the ones that are supposedly ~$3/ea! Well, these are NOT the same- holes are a touch larger- not threaded- will slide off most bolts. Someone brought this to my attention & I tried one- took a few seconds to wiggle it off, but it came off! Do NOT cut or break your stock ones unless you try these FIRST to make sure they'll work! My apologies- I guess I'll keep sending these, unless I can find the others for a good price- if anyone has any leads, let me know...

2. I've completed ALL battery kits that have been ordered & paid for in last few days, EXCEPT for 1 to 2 eyelets on 1 to 2 cables of EACH kit. I know I told most of you about this, but I had hoped the new ones I ordered, would have been here by now, as I wanted to ship Thursday. Unfortunately, that won't happen now. At this point, I'm shooting for Monday.

3. To those who already have battery cable kits- The 2.5" HEX BOLTS (included by Dan) for emergency, are TOO LONG!!! I've bought a bunch of 2" ones & will be glad to send to anyone who wants one.

I've looked very closely at all of the cables I've had, pre-completed by Dan- I've had anywhere from ~15 to ~30 of each individual one & have several I use as models. There were quite a few minor differences here & there & I think some were accidental. Of course, some changes were intentionally made, mid-production, for good reason. But essentially, there are 6 dif sized lugs in most of his full battery kits & it's confused the hell out of me. I realize that some bolts need larger eyelets, but I'm pretty sure he could have worked it down to ~3 dif sizes, if he'd wanted. Anyway, I really need the lugs I ordered- it's been ~10 days. IF they don't show by Friday, I'll look into other options, as I don't want to hold anyone up.

Kevin- no prob on the OT- is that your engine? I'd love to know the specs & see pics too.

Syun (Slee11)- thanks a LOT for the kind words. In all honesty, I don't think I've EVER screwed up a delivery so badly, for anyone. I was just sick for WEEKS & things kept screwing my timing up. Still, those are just excuses & really don't help you, when you've already paid & are waiting, expecting it on a day I've promsied it. I was over a WEEK late! I can't thank you enough for your patience & for STILL saying good things about me. Actually, ALL the RLers have been great to deal with- just like IceShark had said, back when he was doing it...

Does ANYONE have a pic of the supplemental ground that Dan included in the headlight kit, installed, in their car? I'd really like to show it to a few people who've been asking...

Cory- I'm not 100% sure, but I think the headlight harness can handle ANY wattage bulbs you can throw at them. They can handle at least 600w at the same time- Narva 90/100's on high, plus, one fog & one Euro driver, BOTH w/100w bulbs on at same time. IIRC, Dan said they could handle up 1000w. Just for the record, I may be selling the IceShark stuff, but that's b/c I knew him pretty well & considered him a friend & bought all his stuff for my car, etc. I'm learning a lot, from doing this, BUT, I don't know JACK about this stuff compared to him!!! According to Dan Wray & Daniel Stern (they knew each other- Sterns another VERY knowledgeable light guy)- there really isn't much benefit above the 90/100s, speaking in terms of H4's like we use. There are some 100/130w bulbs- I think Narva makes some- but the extra wattage doesn't really help that much. Evidently, the total lumens output percentage increase isn't proportional to the wattage increase, which means they'll burn much hotter & you'll go through bulbs much faster. Daniel Stern said the 90/100 Narvas, weren't the absolute best bulb, but maybe the best bang for the buck & very good. I'm still running them w/my kit & plan to continue. Try contacting Daniel Stern about bulbs, wattage, etc http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Also Cory- are you running the "full-boat IceShark kit" w/the full harness, supplemental ground, adj voltage reg (set to 14.4v), Narva 90/100's, & Cibies? Do you have the full battery cable kit...? If so, are you still wanting more?

Kool- the full kit, w/out the supp ground, would be $310, shipped to your door. At this point, I'm backed up a little, so if you want them, you're welcome to wait a few days to pay, as it wil probably be the end of next week before I could ship them out, as I still need to finish the ones up for those who have already paid, first.... But I'm not too far behind...

thanks everyone....

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont even have one yet, i was just concidering the advantages of doing the upgrade
Old 03-27-2008, 01:24 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Robby, PM sent.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:02 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cory- advatages for the battery kit- Dan made them to prevent engine fires (there were several a few years ago, caused by worn out, stock battery cables) & to give better, more consistent voltage throughout the car. It helps everything, reallly, when compared to a worn out stock system. Hopefully I'll have 11 more headlight harnesses in the next month or two, but I don't have any more lenses, so those would need to be sourced elsewhere...

951boost- checking now....
Old 03-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's pictures i just took from the original Iceshark kit.

I got this kit from Dan several years ago as a birthday present

Dan was a great (Finnish) guy

Old 03-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

EXCELLENT pics Ollie! Good to see you around! Thanks for posting... You don't happen to have any pics of that ground, installed, do you? Was Dan really Finnish?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Robby,

sorry no pictures of installed kit. I have not yet installed this kit. I got it from Dan almost 5 years ago. Yes Dan was more or less a Finn, his family is from western cost of Finland, a city called Vaasa. Thats a place where from his grand father moved to Canada back in 1918... In Canada Dan's grandfather met a Swedish girl who later become his wife. Later they moved to USA, Minnesota if i can remember corretly. Dan planned to visit some of his relatives in Vaasa, but we all know what happend
I even had a meeting set up with him.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
CurlyDE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robby
EXCELLENT pics Ollie! Good to see you around! Thanks for posting... You don't happen to have any pics of that ground, installed, do you? Was Dan really Finnish?
Which ground do you want pics of (the ones on the headlight harness or the larger "extra" ground)? I can take some pictures this afternoon of it installed.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm looking for pics of the separate 2ft long one that he referred to as the Supplemental ground.

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

i suppose you mean the cable which can be seen from the first picture i sent.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Cory9584
Drifting

i already have hella e codes, and the battery cables are going to be custom. how does the headlight harness connect
Old 03-29-2008, 02:33 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Olli- yes, it is surrounded by the harness in the 1st pic....

Cory- I can send you the full instructions by e-mail if you'll PM me your addy- can also send battery cable instructions at same time if you'd like... Are you going to custom make your own battery cables or do you have someone doing it? Are you trying to do something very specific?

Also, an update to EVERYONE who's ordered- I gave up when the new lugs did not show Thursday, so ordered more from another place- If the first order shows (it didn't Friday) then that's great & if not, these should be here Monday- I just didn't want to keep waiting & the ones I checked out at 2 places locally, were much cheaper looking.

Last edited by Robby; 03-29-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

are any of the headlight kits still out there, I already have the excellent battery cable kit.

Jason
Old 03-29-2008, 06:11 PM
951Porschiste
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robby
Does ANYONE have a pic of the supplemental ground that Dan included in the headlight kit, installed, in their car? I'd really like to show it to a few people who've been asking...
The first two pictures show the routing without the wire in place, but it should still help.
Here are a few pictures:
The first shows where to connect the ground on the engine block (circled in blue)

The second picture shows the routing I used:

I hope this helps.

Finally, the last picture shows where to connect the other end to the frame, up front to the other grounds.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Andre- are you the Andre who did the KILLER write-up w/all the pics on how to install the battery cable kit??? If so, thanks a LOT!!! I've e-mailed to several people. Was actually trying to modify it slightly to be able to print it up, but failed, miserably... So I've kept e-mailing it, in conjunction w/the other instructions I have, by Dan- I hope that's ok- I've kept your name at the top, just like you had it, for full credit...!!! It's people like you who REALLY help this list- Clarke's Garage, Tom Pultz, etc, etc, etc- I can't even begin to name everyone, but when one takes the time to document stuff like that, it's REALLY COOL!!!! Also, thanks for the ground pics you just posted...!

Jason- I'm planning to have 11 more harnesses in the next month. I do not have any more lenses or bulbs, though, but I do have the supp ground, the adj volt regs & again, will have the harness. Keep in touch & keep your fingers crossed & hopefully in a few weeks. IF we are able to do it w/out tons of trouble, I'll keep making them after the last 11, but wont be able to sell them from Rennlist, unless I can work out some sort of sponsorship w/John, as he gave me permission to sell what was left of the inventory & not to create new- hopefully, it'll work out, but I have to stick to the original deal, as I don't want to upset any sponsors or violate my standing here, etc...

Last edited by Robby; 03-30-2008 at 03:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Remaining IceShark Inventory....