Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dos bridges its sent btw
Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by reno808
You are prob right however i beg to differ that your honda will be able to beat a modified 951 vs your modified 1.8. I am talking about my car. Look at my sig. The track that your on is leguna seca right? I will gain on the 1st stright, turn 3 i will eat you alive its a high speed corner if cought right. remember your tires wont last as long as mine will your front tires has to brake, steer, and apply the power while my front tires only have to grip the brakes and steering. You might have me on a short period of time but not for long. asside from that fact that i am putting a lot more power to the wheels compared to your honda
its a 1.6

I don't run R compounds. My track tires are simply RT_615's. I never get them to the point where I experience any significant grip loss, at least not in the 20 minute sessions I run.

Maybe I couldn't catch the correct line, but I never found turn three to be a high speed corner. I had to brake into it every lap. it was the one corner I had a hard time getting the car to rotate, however I seemed to be matching the pace of most drivers though that corner in the red run group.
While it is true the tires are used more, they also have to deal with 1000 pounds less under breaking and during turning. I'd actually expect my tires to do better then the porsche.

I typically outbrake just about anything on the track. I don't have stock brakes, but they are still OEM honda brakes. (GSR front and rear, with 1" master cylinder GSR brake booster, and 40/40 prop valve.) Street compound pads too, since anything more would just overcome the street tires.

You would probably have me at WSIR (big track) but laguna seca, i doubt it. That front straight is relatively short, and half of it is downhill. What you gained on me in the straight, I will just about make up under braking, and this is from experience. (I actually frightened myself with how deep I could brake into T2)

Now the true question is, can your 951 last 20 min without overheating or breaking?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

You are prob right however i beg to differ that your honda will be able to beat a modified 951 vs your modified 1.8. I am talking about my car. Look at my sig. The track that your on is leguna seca right? I will gain on the 1st stright, turn 3 i will eat you alive its a high speed corner if cought right. remember your tires wont last as long as mine will your front tires has to brake, steer, and apply the power while my front tires only have to grip the brakes and steering. You might have me on a short period of time but not for long. asside from that fact that i am putting a lot more power to the wheels compared to your honda
Come on, Reno too much GT4 for you.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
2bridges
Drifting

dos bridges its sent btw
muchas gracias!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:12 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
Come on, Reno too much GT4 for you.
bbbbahahahahahahahaha i guess your talking expereince btw i cant wait for GT5. Its a good game cus i get to remember the track so when you actually do it its not as bad for a noob
Old 01-15-2008, 05:20 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

here a picture of me racing in the Brazil GP, no bs just facts.
Attached Images  
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Forza 2 is really good. I've never been big on video games, but I'm considering getting xbox360 for it.
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
its a 1.6

I don't run R compounds. My track tires are simply RT_615's. I never get them to the point where I experience any significant grip loss, at least not in the 20 minute sessions I run.

Maybe I couldn't catch the correct line, but I never found turn three to be a high speed corner. I had to brake into it every lap. it was the one corner I had a hard time getting the car to rotate, however I seemed to be matching the pace of most drivers though that corner in the red run group.
While it is true the tires are used more, they also have to deal with 1000 pounds less under breaking and during turning. I'd actually expect my tires to do better then the porsche.

I typically outbrake just about anything on the track. I don't have stock brakes, but they are still OEM honda brakes. (GSR front and rear, with 1" master cylinder GSR brake booster, and 40/40 prop valve.) Street compound pads too, since anything more would just overcome the street tires.

You would probably have me at WSIR (big track) but laguna seca, i doubt it. That front straight is relatively short, and half of it is downhill. What you gained on me in the straight, I will just about make up under braking, and this is from experience. (I actually frightened myself with how deep I could brake into T2)

Now the true question is, can your 951 last 20 min without overheating or breaking?
that front straight is not that short but i guess its not that long either. maybe its the wrong number lol.

Edit: I just looked at the map its not turn 3.

in aug my car lasted lol 3 full 35min session and on the 4th and last session 20 min into the dam thing i blew the head gasket but thats because it was the orignal headgasket on there and it was like 90 somthing. Now that replaced and replacing and rebuilding the motor that should not be a problem. lol

Last edited by reno808; 01-15-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

that front straight is not that short but i guess its not that long either. maybe its the wrong number lol.

in aug my car lasted lol 3 full 35min session and on the 4th and last session 20 min into the dam thing i blew the head gasket but thats because it was the orignal headgasket on there and it was like 90 somthing. Now that replaced and replacing and rebuilding the motor that should not be a problem. lol
Just watch those axles.

Next time you go out, lmk. It would be a lot of fun to run together on the track. You know I still love 944's!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
Just watch those axles.
i dont think i should have a problem because i am not running sticky tires. Iam just going to runn high performance summer tires and i have this modd that should be able help prevent premature cv failure
Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am thinking of getting a Renault as a daily driver. We have funny commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbV98cnBbLg
Old 01-15-2008, 06:30 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweanders
I am thinking of getting a Renault as a daily driver. We have funny commercials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbV98cnBbLg

????????????
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2008, 06:57 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ST, not sure if that is a proper tool for daily driving.

But Renault is a good place to work.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:41 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Edit: I just looked at the map its not turn 3.

Damn, Reno I didn't know you were a Pro racer just like Ricky Bobby Dmango
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
Damn, Reno I didn't know you were a Pro racer just like Ricky Bobby Dmango
hahaha lartiga you know wuts good. you got my good side

Quick Reply: Look at my new Daily Driver